Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 437088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #3210
I’m guessing he doesn’t like going to nightclubs ...

Said he had a great time in Camden town a couple of weeks ago.

Live music and nightlife.

Maybe the rules are written but unfollowed...  🤫🤫🤫
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3211
There are plenty of people here, no doubt, who don’t seem to be restricted by the current rules.

Reply #3212
Hmmm ... looks like the Hotel Quarantine system has stuffed up again. But this time it was in NSW. Seems Covid jumped between 3 returned travellers. As we know from the SA breach, if someone is infected at the end of their quarantine period, Covid hitches a ride out of Hotel quarantine. This is not a system that is fit for purpose.

Reply #3213
No return travellers then no problems..

Reply #3214
No return travellers then no problems..
Should have started building a purpose designed facilities in April last year. The money this rubbish has cost the governments they could have built 10 facilities. Experts (I personally know one expert in containment facilities) wrote to the Governments in March last year telling them hotels would not cut it and why. They were ignored in typical government bureaucratic fashion until only recently, too late. You pissed 8-10 valuable months up against the wall. We have so many extremely  smart, talented people, world leaders in the field, in this country and yet we are so dumb. I have collaborated with people in other countries in design of various types of facilities in the Pharma space and I can tell you from experience, our engineers and architects run rings around their overseas counterparts. So frustrating.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3215
Yep. Elimination just bought us time to build fit-for-purpose facilities and conduct a speedy vaccine rollout. But I guess instead it fed a fingers-crossed approach in the hope they could save a few dollars on those 2 priorities.

Reply #3216
Don't get started on qr codes and contact tracing.  It took 12 months to get a decent system for checking in everywhere using the Victoria app whilst an over complicated and engineered Bluetooth app took precedence.

Our governments obsession with making all our decisions for us is stupid when they can't make any of their own. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3217
For any who are serious about  this virus thing.

3 hours, but a truly exceptional listen/watch to three very bright dudes.

Of course LP will know better, even better than the inventor of the mRNA mechanism, but that's ok, we should all bow in the presence of greatness.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_NNTVJzqtY
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3218
Of course LP will know better, even better than the inventor of the mRNA mechanism, but that's ok, we should all bow in the presence of greatness.,
Your willingness to misrepresent the position of Dr Robert Malone by association with Kirsch and Weinstein exposes your willingness to deceive in this debate.

For those interested but haven't time to listen to the full debate, this was a "What if" COVID can be driven to extinction, based on Weinstein's premise that Ivermectin is safe, cheap and effective.

Firstly, even in the debate they refer to Ivermectin use as part of a complimentary drug regime, not in isolation. Secondly, in the regime Weinstein profligates, the cost of Ivermectin is 500% more than the vaccines and must be ongoing on an annual basis, even without the cost$ of the complimentary drugs required. Like Remdesivir, some but not all of the complimentary drugs are hundreds or thousands of dollars per dose. You can hear this at about the 1:49 min mark.

Secondly, the very concept of the debate, extinction of Sars-CoV-2 is laughable. Dr Malone doesn't describe to that, it's a fairy tale scenario, and Kirsch and Weinstein basically talk over him to shut that point down. Sars-CoV-2 is endemic, that means it in the environment not just humans, you can't just treat humans and make it extinct, because for example it is in birds, bats, cats, dogs and any other number of viral vectors.

Weinstein keeps referring to all the anti-viral alternatives as "cheap and safe" ignoring that most aren't cheap at all, and not necessarily safe either. For example he talks about the complimentary use of Ivermectin and Fluvoxamine in one moment, then later warns of the Fluvoxamine cognitive side-effects, while Kirsch argues for Fluvoxamine use in children while claiming it's safe over a 14 day treatment period, yet 14 days won't get the extinction job done. The safety of these drugs is based on the concept they are administered to a small portion of the population(patients), and so the side-effect risk is low, but in the prophylactic regime that Weinstein promotes it is required to issue them to billions of healthy people on an ongoing basis.

Kirsch is correct in one point, Sars-CoV-2 is so complex there is no one correct safe solution, but Ivermectin boosters can't use Kirsch's arguments as support because he states multiple times in this debate that Ivermectin as anti-viral is of minimal benefit.

Weinstein always refers to Ivermectin's use in some kind of reasonable combination, without discussing the combination $ or the side-effects of those combinations! Some of the combinations Weinstein discusses will result in ongoing cost$ 1000% higher than the cost of the vaccines, some with serious well known long term side-effects if used long term which are far worse than the vaccine side-effects.

When the large scale studies become available, due in the 4th Qtr of this year, the outcome will be of interest to everyone, but until that data is available it's a coin toss if any of these drugs have any real benefit.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3219
Firstly, thank you again to PAULY, for introducing me to 'The Conversation.' Such a high level of journalism.

This article today I, personally, found really helpful among a plethora of confusing and misinformation.

https://theconversation.com/which-covid-vaccine-is-best-heres-why-thats-really-hard-to-answer-161185?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20June%2017%202021%20-%201976519392&utm_content=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20June%2017%202021%20-%201976519392+CID_756b5685e4ba2ca8200e9e5b2191cd2d&utm_source=campaign_monitor&utm_term=Which%20COVID%20vaccine%20is%20best%20Heres%20why%20thats%20really%20hard%20to%20answer
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3220
The Delta variant is serious. Here’s why it's on the rise, National Geographic.

Good article. This observation is really interesting:

If a mutation gives a virus a fitness or reproductive advantage, that mutation tends to evolve independently around the world. Delta, its closely related variants, and the highly contagious Alpha variant all carry a mutation at position 681 of the spike protein, which is thought to be an evolutionary game changer that also makes it easier for SARS-CoV-2 to invade the host cell and spread. This mutation is fast becoming common in COVID-19 viruses around the globe.

I guess I’ve been assuming that we can keep the Delta variant out of Australia with proper border controls. But it seems that is only part of the answer. If any Covid strain flourishes in Australia, eventually we’ll end up with the Delta variant or worse. Learning to live with the virus as advocated by the “we have to open up and get on with business” crew means we’ll eventually end up with a virus that causes “breakthrough infections” in the fully vaccinated. We just have to hope new vaccines come out that will continue to give us an edge over Covid.

Reply #3221
The Delta variant is serious. Here’s why it's on the rise, National Geographic.

Good article. This observation is really interesting:

I guess I’ve been assuming that we can keep the Delta variant out of Australia with proper border controls. But it seems that is only part of the answer. If any Covid strain flourishes in Australia, eventually we’ll end up with the Delta variant or worse. Learning to live with the virus as advocated by the “we have to open up and get on with business” crew means we’ll eventually end up with a virus that causes “breakthrough infections” in the fully vaccinated. We just have to hope new vaccines come out that will continue to give us an edge over Covid.

Surely keeping it out minimises the chances of it flourishing though Mav? The low case numbers thus far is also a plus I would guess.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3222
For sure. If we allowed free entry to those coming from India without any quarantine or testing, we’d be overrun by the Delta variant within a few weeks. Keeping out the “foreign” Delta variant is critical. But the article points out that we can’t proceed on the assumption that we can allow less dangerous variants to circulate as eventually they’ll mutate into the Delta variant or worse. Therefore we have to get as close to elimination as possible as well as keeping the Delta variant out. The problem is that the armchair epidemiologists amongst us tend to assume that our success in wrangling the virus to date means we can assume we’re only going to get better at containment so we can relax our controls. The problem is Covid is also improving and it’ll be just like an arms race. We need to improve quarantine and vaccination rates to stay ahead in the race.

Reply #3223
Astra Z only recommended for 60+ now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!