Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #4275
That's messy, EB!

Reply #4276
I’d tell a white lie and say the fiancé’s family were footing the bill for the wedding. That would mean you wouldn’t be putting your daughter and her fiancé in the gun. But that would only work if the in-laws-to-be aren’t known to your extended family. If they’re from the same community, they’d be on the phone immediately.
They are not that cashed up and coming off a major feckup regarding a land sale they got ripped off from....long story
so that wont work unfortunately.

Reply #4278
According to 7News:
In what appeared to be a shift in tone, NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters “we now have to live with Delta one way or another”.
Just weeks earlier, she had said the community “couldn’t live reasonably” with the highly transmissible variant.
An admission of sorts that she didn’t lock down hard or fast enough and it’s now out of control. Interesting to see where she goes with it. Is she now going to echo SloMo’s “we have to open up and learn to live with Covid” approach? Wouldn’t put it past her to try to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Reply #4279
That's messy, EB!
Dodge, You can pick your friends and you can pick your wife but you cant pick the family that come with them...not that I can talk my relo's are equally as dismal in most cases. There should be a trade week for relo's....

Reply #4280
Dodge, You can pick your friends and you can pick your wife but you cant pick the family that come with them...not that I can talk my relo's are equally as dismal in most cases. There should be a trade week for relo's....

Gold. I could think of a couple I'd trade out. Although I doubt I'd get much in return. Maybe a relo Council Cleanup lol.

To be fair, I dare say such feelings are probably mutual lol.

Reply #4281
Gold. I could think of a couple I'd trade out. Although I doubt I'd get much in return. Maybe a relo Council Cleanup lol.

To be fair, I dare say such feelings are probably mutual lol.

I like the Council Cleanup idea, I could just bundle them up out on the front nature strip like tree branches....I need a few nature strips though, probably an oval...😉
Watched "The Purge" series of Films recently...interesting concept..😛

Reply #4283
Amen to that EB1.

We are all imperfect people trying to live a perfect life.  What could possibly go wrong?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4284
Good God !! ... worse than that?  Enabling failure is not one of my virtues.  
Not mine either but Mrs E is a soft gentle soul who takes family matters to heart and I have to tread carefully with my more direct approach...

Reply #4285
Not mine either but Mrs E is a soft gentle soul who takes family matters to heart and I have to tread carefully with my more direct approach...

My outlaws have certainly caused me some occasional grief over the years.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4286
In Italian there is a saying, "ogni casa ha la sua croce" which translated means every house has its own cross (or crucifix) ie every house has its own problems. I'm sure most of us can dig up some stories that would make interesting reading. Perhaps thats a topic for another thread ;D 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4287
In Italian there is a saying, "ogni casa ha la sua croce" which translated means every house has its own cross (or crucifix) ie every house has its own problems. I'm sure most of us can dig up some stories that would make interesting reading. Perhaps thats a topic for another thread ;D

Go for it GTC…..😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4288
As Thry said its very hard to get everything perfect in life, that new thread would be interesting reading, you always think the grass is greener until you hear about someone elses life...

Reply #4289
As Thry said its very hard to get everything perfect in life, that new thread would be interesting reading, you always think the grass is greener until you hear about someone elses life...
Exactly. I remember when my dad passed away (at 59, very young), mum was pretty bitter and angry at the world. Always carrying on about why me? Why our family. It wasn't until I sat her down one day and rattled off all the ill health and death other families had experienced or were experiencing that she finally realised it wasn't a conspiracy against her by some greater being. In sport they talk about only worrying about inside the four walls, in my mu'ms case, she had to look outside them to gain some perspective.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time