Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 5903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game prosecution: AFL 2021 Rd 8: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #60
Dads Army didnt win the game in the ruck

Nankervis won the ruck but Blicavs and Ratugolea exploited Pickett, particularly when he had to take centre bounces. 

Sweet, for all his inexperience, is pretty good at getting his hand to the ball and he may trouble Pittonet.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #61
Round 8 and the Williams "I'm a mid" experiment - on paper - appears to be on the skids.

Don't fall for the "players lining up where they're named" ruse Prof  :)

Williams must be in the midfield mix.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
Bloody hell, Gibbons and Levi live to fight another day. Just can't work it out. TDK the emergency. WTF?? Plays one game and then sit him on the pine. Dow starts off pretty well before getting injured, but we'll drop him anyway. SPS actually shows something for a change, but we'll drop him too. Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is the reason why we have no confidence in the club.

Reply #63
FB
[20] Lachie Plowman,
[14] Liam Jones,
[15] Sam Docherty

HB
[42] Adam Saad,
[23] Jacob Weitering,
[6] Zac Williams

CC
[32] Jack Newnes,
[9] Patrick Cripps,
[46] Matthew Cottrell

HF
[28] David Cuningham,
[41] Levi Casboult,
[1] Jack Silvagni

FF
[44] Matthew Owies,
[10] Harry McKay,
[8] Lachie Fogarty

FOL
[27] Marc Pittonet,
[18] Sam Walsh,
[35] Ed Curnow

IC
[26] Luke Parks,
[13] Liam Stocker,
[40] Michael Gibbons,
[19] Eddie Betts

EMG
[5] Sam Petrevski-Seton,
[12] Tom De Koning,
[43] Will Setterfield,
[2] Paddy Dow
I probably would have brought de Koning in. He is the future of our ruck and he is athletic. Another week? Maybe.
I am a bit surprised that Dow and SPS are out, Both were better last week.
Silvagni had to come in, with McGovern injured.
We do have a couple of guys who need to perform better to remain, but with Tom de Koning not coming in, Casboult is a certainty.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #64
TDK the emergency. WTF?? Plays one game and then sit him on the pine.

He won’t be on any pine, he’ll get another game under his belt in the twos which is the right decision. Get him fully match hardened.

Reply #65
Nankervis won the ruck but Blicavs and Ratugolea exploited Pickett, particularly when he had to take centre bounces. 

Sweet, for all his inexperience, is pretty good at getting his hand to the ball and he may trouble Pittonet.
Sweet is a big lump of a kid at 202cm and 107kg, Bruce will be their second ruckman, they usually rest Bontempelli at FF when Bruce rucks. Seen a couple of teams late making the change on the Bont and getting caught with the regular FB picking him up and finding he has slipped them on the lead so I hope our brains trust dont end up with the slow moving Weitering picking him up for example..

Reply #66
Would be some kind of win given the team selection this week.
P.S.
Dear Zac
Please extract the digit and show us why you were recruited.
Thanks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #67
Would be some kind of win given the team selection this week.
P.S.
Dear Zac
Please extract the digit and show us why you were recruited.
Thanks.
Bit of a chance with the Dogs ruck duo out and a newbie kid in, this is probably their weakest team of the season on paper IMO.
Keath and Cordy will be giving away inches down back too, obviously they bat way deeper than us in the midfield but if we can turn the game into a scrimmage and make it very contested we are a better chance than I initially thought.

Reply #68
Sweet is a big lump of a kid at 202cm and 107kg, Bruce will be their second ruckman, they usually rest Bontempelli at FF when Bruce rucks. Seen a couple of teams late making the change on the Bont and getting caught with the regular FB picking him up and finding he has slipped them on the lead so I hope our brains trust dont end up with the slow moving Weitering picking him up for example..

Bruce has managed one hitout in seven games this season but I guess the Bulldogs had English and Martin rucking in most games.  Pittonet and Casboult should really take advantage when Bruce is relieving Sweet.

Jones should take Bruce and he is fast enough to stick with the Bont - providing he's on his game and we apply some defensive pressure up the ground.

Reply #69
Bruce has managed one hitout in seven games this season but I guess the Bulldogs had English and Martin rucking in most games.  Pittonet and Casboult should really take advantage when Bruce is relieving Sweet.

Jones should take Bruce and he is fast enough to stick with the Bont - providing he's on his game and we apply some defensive pressure up the ground.
Bruce is only there to do a Pickett and make a token contest while the main ruck has a spell, I think the Bonts smarts are what would worry me about Jones as much as anything. Hooker isnt half the player the Bont is but he seemed to find space to kick his 5 goals and I hope Jones is a bit more switched on than he was last week.
Hipwood kicked three on him the week before and while he has fair share of intercepts and helps other players he needs to stop leaking goals.

Reply #70
I'm not sure that there was much Jones could do ... although his judgement and positioning was a bit off.  The ball was simply coming in too quickly and too accurately for most defenders to do much about.  It's the turnovers and lack of defensive pressure up the ground that is the problem ... and dumb kicks inside 50  :(

Reply #71
Bit of a chance with the Dogs ruck duo out and a newbie kid in, this is probably their weakest team of the season on paper IMO.
Keath and Cordy will be giving away inches down back too, obviously they bat way deeper than us in the midfield but if we can turn the game into a scrimmage and make it very contested we are a better chance than I initially thought.
The main problem for us is Marvel Stadium, 34.7% win ratio which isn't good, we seem to save our worst for that ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
I can start to understand the lack of a call up for TDK given he’s only been back for one week, giving Levi another reprieve

But Dow and SPS out whilst Newnes plays is nothing short of incredible.

Lots of talent in the VFL

Reply #73
Round 8 and the Williams "I'm a mid" experiment - on paper - appears to be on the skids.

Ive been to a few matches and zac has been hiding in pockets for most of the year.  We are carrying him IMHO as he's not 100%
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
Ive been to a few matches and zac has been hiding in pockets for most of the year.  We are carrying him IMHO as he's not 100%

Think that’s right
Surely we completed a thorough medical on his Achilles tendons?