Skip to main content
Topic: The opposition run on (Read 2015 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The opposition run on

Reply #15
Cripps is clearly injured.

The Club needs to force the guy to rest and heal.

He's no good to anyone in his current physical and mental state.

Mentally, he's trying to do way too much.

Adopt the KISS principle Crippa ffs.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
we need team defence been saying this for years ,we need to run back and plug the holes in our d50

Reply #17
We apply the least amount of pressure in the comp. It's that simple.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
When you cant be bothered manning the mark for a kick on goal thats a giveaway about their mindset.
Never seen that before in a senior AFL game, thats year 7 schoolboy stuff when the kids who prefer quiet times in the library are
seconded to make up the numbers and have zero interest in the game.
Other coaches would have gone off their nut with attitude, Ross Lyon goes on about our lack of pressure and where we rate in the comp each week on Footy class when he does his game reviews.

Reply #19

Part of that must be coaching. I'm quite certain that the boys are playing to instruction. I'm of the opinion that Teague wants the players not to be sucked into the contest, to be ready for the next chain of disposals. Obviously the balance is off at the moment, and as Leppitsch says, it's something that needs tweaking and not wholesale renovation.

Reply #20
When you cant be bothered manning the mark for a kick on goal thats a giveaway about their mindset.
Never seen that before in a senior AFL game, thats year 7 schoolboy stuff when the kids who prefer quiet times in the library are
seconded to make up the numbers and have zero interest in the game.
Other coaches would have gone off their nut with attitude, Ross Lyon goes on about our lack of pressure and where we rate in the comp each week on Footy class when he does his game reviews.
I mentioned this in the other thread.

I think it was a tactic.

If you rewatch, you'll see Eddie Betts is running flat stick at the goal kicker as play on is called. He just got the kick away.

I think without a man on the mark a player will walk/run into goal past where the mark was (thus being called play on) and it may catch him by surprise and make him miss when the likes of Eddie is closing fast.

It didn't work, but it almost worked.

Reply #21
I mentioned this in the other thread.

I think it was a tactic.

If you rewatch, you'll see Eddie Betts is running flat stick at the goal kicker as play on is called. He just got the kick away.

I think without a man on the mark a player will walk/run into goal past where the mark was (thus being called play on) and it may catch him by surprise and make him miss when the likes of Eddie is closing fast.

It didn't work, but it almost worked.
Ok sorry I missed your post and explanation, that would only work in a play on situation though wouldnt it?, if the player is walking in to kick on the same line and doesnt cross the mark then its just a unhindered kick at goal. I might watch it again on Kayo and take more notice of Eddie's movements.

Reply #22
Ok sorry I missed your post and explanation, that would only work in a play on situation though wouldnt it?, if the player is walking in to kick on the same line and doesnt cross the mark then its just a unhindered kick at goal. I might watch it again on Kayo and take more notice of Eddie's movements.

It would only work in a play on situation......and this one was a play on situation....that is he crossed the mark and the umpire called play on.