Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 7560 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game discussions: AFL 2021 Rd 11: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #75
Extended interchange:

Levi Casboult

Tom De Koning

Michael Gibbons

Josh Honey

Jack Martin

Marc Murphy

Jack Newnes

Luke Parks

Reply #76
I'd say we'll be staying in Sydney and playing West Coast there. That or we will have a one week early bye given Carlton and the Eagles have their bye on the same weekend.

Reply #77
Extended interchange:

Levi Casboult

Tom De Koning

Michael Gibbons

Josh Honey

Jack Martin

Marc Murphy

Jack Newnes

Luke Parks

I'm guessing the four to get the nod will be Tom DK, Murph, J Martin and Josh Honey.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #78
I'm guessing the four to get the nod will be Tom DK, Murph, J Martin and Josh Honey.

Or maybe Parks for Plow and Martin or Honey get the nod with the other the emerg sub.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #79
For me I'd have
De Koning
Martin
Murphy
and  Honey (because I don't want the other 3 Casboult, Gibbons and Parks)
Emergency : Jack Newnes

Sydney don't have an overly big forward line so think we can cover Plowman. Maybe someone like Cottrell? Worse case scenario would be to have Doc go back, but he's found a bit of form on the wing so prefer him not to go back. Time for Weitering to have a crack on Buddy. I think Jones $h!ts himself when he plays on Bud.
Hickey being out is a big plus for us.

Reply #80
Parks doesn't deserve it after his VFL form.....not many people do TBH.

I'd have TDK, Murphy, Martin and......Casboult if fit
I'd have Newnes / Gibbons as the sub.....need bigger bodies against the swans.

Agree on Parks, looked very ordinary vs the Box Hill Hawks and needs more VFL time to adjust his game from the less physical and slower SANFL gamestyle.
I'm not a Newnes basher and see him as a reasonable player who does a reasonable job most weeks. I think he is well suited to the Swans game style and he provides a solid battle hardened body which is what you need vs the Swans.

Reply #81
Kennedy was probably the one who comes in on vfl form.  We'll probably get sps
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
Parks doesn't deserve it after his VFL form.....not many people do TBH.

I'd have TDK, Murphy, Martin and......Casboult if fit
I'd have Newnes / Gibbons as the sub.....need bigger bodies against the swans.

It would send the wrong message if Parks gets a game.  I'm not sure why he's even named in the extended squad, Williamson was much better against the Hawks.

I would go with De Koning, Murphy, Martin and Casboult on the bench and Newnes as the sub.  Gibbons needs to have a run in the VFL to get back into form.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83
Was at the VFL game. I like Parks, but he lowered his colours on the weekend. Saw him continually spray and blame his team mates. Even if they were complete crape, it wasn't a good look and don't think rewarding that behaviour is the way to go.

Reply #84
Gibbons needs to have a run in the VFL to get back into form.
Agree, but no VFL this week though, he'd be nowhere man again!

I hope he can turn his form around at AFL level, he's too good of a footballer to wither and fade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #85
In: Levi Casboult, Jack Martin

Out: Lachie Plowman (suspended), Marc Murphy

BANG!!!  Too top heavy!!!

Reply #86
Has sMurph stayed in Melbourne with the missus, she is due to have their 2nd any day now I believe?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
They’ve taken a bucket load of players up, don’t be surprised if there are last minute changes!! Or Levi used as the extra tall down back.

Reply #88
Has sMurph stayed in Melbourne with the missus, she is due to have their 2nd any day now I believe?
  Reporting Murphy omitted on the CFC website.

Reply #89
They’ve taken a bucket load of players up, don’t be surprised if there are last minute changes!! Or Levi used as the extra tall down back.
They have, because there is no game in the VFL and we might be playing our next game in a mini-hub in sydney.