Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 12152 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Analysis: AFL 2021 Rd 12: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #30
After watching that, Murphy would be stranded on 295.  He doesn't deserve the 300 in the company of true champions.

A new contract for Eddie if he wishes.  He is just that good.

Teague?   Woteva you're doin' son, it ain't workin'

Reply #31
Coach..... next!
Captain.....next!
We are pathetic and have really low goals as kpi's.
This club only has two good things going for it.
It's history.
And it's membership dept that keeps sucking us in.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #32
At least we won’t lose by 4 goals next week.

Seriously if I hear about running patterns and trg blocks again I’ll spew....

Smurf you have been great but it’s time to hang them up..
Ed must be injured.
Settlefield - goodbye
Cottrell - enough
Owies - just hangs on
Cripps - don’t know
Pitt - try’s but
TDK - just
Teague just hanging on.. need some decent assistants but we are Carlton

Imagine Walsh roving to Nick knickers. He killed us today...

Positives -

Walsh - wish we had 10 of him
Fisher first half
Weiterng - should be Captain
JSOS - see Walsh
Saad - tries hard

Don’t know how much better we will be with our so called stars to come back....

Time to give more kids a go but it won’t happen.

Trade SPS and a pick for Cerra.
Get another quality midfielder as well....

Reply #33
Got smashed at the stoppages/clearances......like I have been saying for a while we need another of big coalface mids to help Cripps and Walsh. That has to be a recruiting priority along with a defender who can take these small/medium forwards who can take a mark.

You say help Cripps, I cant but thinking we need someone to take over. More often than not these days, I look away in fear when he get the ball. I’m sure there be excuses made for him.
As for the performance, across the board we were terrible. Not going to name names or comment, CBF.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
PS
0-7 against top 8 sides
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #36
WC still had Nic Nat, Hurn, Barass, Cole, Redden, Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Sheed and Ryan from their 2018 flag. 10 out of 18. That's not a seconds team, it's an A grade senior team, with class and premiership experience. I can't speak for others, but I got a little ahead of myself thinking this would be an easy win. A win, yes. Anyway.....................
They had some real spuds in today, they were average we were terrible. Look at their record away and on this ground.
This was a disaster imo..

Reply #37
They had some real spuds in today, they were average we were terrible. Look at their record away and on this ground.

It wasn't a great game by any means, but their team today had premiership players on every line, they have winning habits, and simply know how to get the job done, even under adversity. I know they don't travel too well.

I'm pretty disappointed, and whilst that team was the weakest they have fielded against us for some time, more than half is top quality.

Reply #38
WC still had Nic Nat, Hurn, Barass, Cole, Redden, Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Sheed and Ryan from their 2018 flag. 10 out of 18. That's not a seconds team, it's an A grade senior team, with class and premiership experience. I can't speak for others, but I got a little ahead of myself thinking this would be an easy win. A win, yes. Anyway.....................
They had a WAY, WAY better side in last year when we played them over there in WA and took it up to them only to be denied by umpire 22. They lost to Essenscum last week and were 5 down from that side this week. Whichever way you look at it todays result was a disaster, but nothing we're not used to. Serious problems.

Reply #39

Nearly every game is a disaster. Not much changes week to week.

Reply #40
Those of us old enough to remember Superman will know that contact with kryptonite would make him go all weak at the knees.

The 50 metre arc has the same effect on our forwards.  With the exception of Harry no forward will attempt to kick that distance from a set shot.

You can see the whites of their eyes as they desperately try to give the ball off to another forward, usually in a far worse position.

The best example today was when Owies took a mark about 45 metres from goal.  Being a forward in the forbidden zone he passed to Murphy who was about 30 metres out.  Feeling weak at the knees he managed to kick the ball  to Cottrell who was about 20 metres out.  Fortunately he was able to gather enough strength to kick the goal.

Seriously, what a miserable, unprofessional game from a group masquerading as AFL players.

Reply #41
That is as damning a post as I have read after a loss.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #42
They had a WAY, WAY better side in last year when we played them over there in WA and took it up to them only to be denied by umpire 22. They lost to Essenscum last week and were 5 down from that side this week. Whichever way you look at it todays result was a disaster, but nothing we're not used to. Serious problems.
Actually this post is more damning than @ElwoodBlues1 post.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Nearly every game is a disaster. Not much changes week to week.
This is one we didn't to have to play like champs to win and we let it slip, I can cop losses but this one really annoyed me as it was setup for us to win but we managed to balls it up.

Reply #44
Chris Judd said it 3 years ago. At the Eagles the only focus was on how they can get better and challenge for the flag. When he came to Carlton all he heard from the players was about their next contract.

Then not many of them would deserve one.
Live Long and Prosper!