Skip to main content
Topic: Football Department Review (Read 74204 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Review

Reply #120
Two things:
1. Just get some bloody decent assistants in a move on.
2. Who ever doesnt want to buy in with what Teague and the new team are selling, request a trade and move them on. Dont care if you are Cripps. Murphy or Cottrell.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Of course.

We did the same thing when we sacked Ratten and appointed Malthouse.

Meanwhile, if we are going to move on Teague, the only other senior coach with previous experience worth looking at is Michael Voss.

Don't want to go near a failed coach. Let someone else find out if he is better or not.

Reply #122
Two things:
2. Who ever doesnt want to buy in with what Teague and the new team are selling, request a trade and move them on. Dont care if you are Cripps. Murphy or Cottrell.

That's what I am thinking.

Reply #123
To copy what has been done before is not the answer ie:

- Don't copy our last 20 years - it's broke, doesn't work
 - Don't copy anything before the last 20 years - times have changed
 - Don't copy others - once we do that we are behind, as they have already moved on to greater things (which we may have done as per Sydney and Roos in appointing Teague) - we also talk about the Geelong and Richmond reviews particularly.
 - Do tweak other models, put them in our context - use experiences gained.  Keep Teague, get him the help he needs - preferably someone experienced who knows how to win.  Let Teague work on his strengths and someone help back him up with his weaknesses.  IF we back our coach properly, that will build confidence.  Sayers was on the board that appointed Teague.  Back him.  Don't listen to us plebs, we have no idea what's really going on (but we care). What if the review finds that The TT is a stubborn prck who has a lopsided game plan that's caused all the strife we're in - too focussed on offense?
 - Don't listen to uninvited rumour and innuendo.  Pick carefully who to chat with.
 - Be honest about our list and expectations for the rest of the season.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #124
EB....I can't see Hardwick moving anywhere in the short term. If anyone does, it'll likely be Clarkson who'll see his race run at Hawthorn....especially if he and the club see Sam Mitchell as the heir apparent and ready to go (those famous words!). I guess then it would be up to Clarkson as to where he sees the best fit for himself, the best list for him to work with etc.
Surfie...Clarkson would be the favourite as he would be at Collingwood...Mitchell will be the new coach at Hawthorn next season IMO and Clarko has the luxury now of watching the two big Melbourne teams fight it out for his services while his manager keeps adding zero's to the contract..

Reply #125
Surfie...Clarkson would be the favourite as he would be at Collingwood...Mitchell will be the new coach at Hawthorn next season IMO and Clarko has the luxury now of watching the two big Melbourne teams fight it out for his services while his manager keeps adding zero's to the contract..

Heard Ian Aikten wants to be his assistant....lol.

An insider than runs a Carlton Facebooks page has just said Teague wants to resign. He gets good information and mingles very often with insiders. In discussions with the club.

Of course that is still rumour until it is fact but I thought I would pass it on.

Reply #126
To reiterate, if they knife Teague I'm done.

Two things:

Yes, yes and yes.

I said it only a few days ago, as long as the club doesn't implode, we will be ok....THIS year.
Club: Hold my beer.
*facepalm*

Reply #127
Be ironic to see Clarkson in charge of the Carlton team as our players were once told not to let him walk from the ground in one infamous game.
Don’t want him even if he WAS the best ,his day done or his team and tactics wouldn’t be 17th
Also I hold a grudge against pricks who have done us wrong, even from 1987
Lyon same his day done need the next Clarkson or Hardwick type and that could be Teague with a chance.

Reply #128
Lol Tommy's Barber....I used to hate Greg Williams with a passion when he was at Sydney and hated him even more when he caved Rhys-Jones' face in....but grew to love him pretty quick when he came to play for us.

Reply #129
Be ironic to see Clarkson in charge of the Carlton team as our players were once told not to let him walk from the ground in one infamous game.
Don’t want him even if he WAS the best ,his day done or his team and tactics wouldn’t be 17th
Also I hold a grudge against pricks who have done us wrong, even from 1987
Lyon same his day done need the next Clarkson or Hardwick type and that could be Teague with a chance.
How will the princesses go with his no long sleeves policy?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #130
Voss?  No effin' way.  Arrogant and a proven failure.

Reply #131
I heard Sam Edmund this morning on SEN, he suggested that the review may have started months ago and that all this external review stuff is merely window dressing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #132
I heard Sam Edmund this morning on SEN, he suggested that the review may have started months ago and that all this external review stuff is merely window dressing.

Which is even worse.

Reply #133
I agree with what Rhys-Jones has had to say. Off the field we are going well on field we are losing because of the losing culture we have had now for twenty years. The worst thing Elliot did, and there were many, was instill the belief that we could only win if we cheat. This is why the tanking was actually corrosive for the Club's culture even though getting Judd was enormous. Winners win because they win and losers lose because they lose. We need to become winners again and if this review can show us a pathway to achieving this, then well and good, however if this review isn't going to send us back to bad old ways of looking for a Messiah, then we are in trouble. We have had two coaching Messiahs, Pagan and Malthouse, and that ended disastrously, and one playing Messiah, Judd, who wasn't able to carry us to where we wanted to go. Mark Maclure called it early by saying we don't play as a team and by saying the improvement has to be player driven. Nothing has changed. Changing the Coach hasn't worked for twenty years, maybe it is time to change the culture.

Reply #134
We are a total mess after years of futility and I am depressed. That is my bottom line atm and I just can't be arsed to offer further analysis.  Sorry guys.
Reality always wins in the end.