Skip to main content
Topic: Abbott must go, arise Sir Malcolm! (Read 79089 times) previous topic - next topic

Abbott must go, arise Sir Malcolm!

Well.

Footy is just about done and dusted, crickets looking up if you are interested. But there is one contest that affects us all, whether you are interested or not!

Many have been saying for sometime, what we really want is Rudd-v-Turnbull. Now the polls are starting to state the bleeding obvious, like it is some sort of great media revelation. They media was all Rudd boosters until 48hrs ago when he told the journalists and commentators their company car would be taxed. FFS, Alan Jones might even need to pay some tax as well! How dare Rudd act this way, old Jonesy has worked hard for decades to lord his success over the weak, poor and miserable he need not contribute to welfare!

The only people hanging onto Abbott are the Coalition's very own Turnbull haters, ostriches, elderly patriarchs and geriatric nuffas. They are the head in the sand climate change deniers who think all technology is evil, they express this view regularly with every letter that they pen and post! Ahh, the rising price of stamps all Labors fault, I am stuck living in poverty I will never be able to buy that seventh house! If this keeps up my privately funded retirement might fall below $3k/week!

These are the people who share Abbott's archaic outlook, not his public opinion, but what he really believes! Broadband bad, ideas bad, change bad, spending bad, the answer to all questions is no!

Arise Sir Malcolm, time to flick your trusty decoy for the ride into the battle of the big chair! Free us from this alternate tyranny of deceit, the smiling death the grinning grave digger. Fear not for him he will survive the shock, his wisdom is worldly, he knows Sh1t Happens!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Abbott must go, arise Sir Malcolm!

Reply #1
I vote Labor but would gladly vote conservative if Turnbull was the leader.

Primarily because our best chance at becoming a Republic is if we have a republican conservative PM.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #2

Primarily because our best chance at becoming a Republic is if we have a republican conservative PM.

I think Abbott believes we need a Roman style Caeser, but I'd vote for a republic too! He may have already had the wreath fitted!

Republic, Republic!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

I think Abbott believes we need a Roman style Caeser, but I'd vote for a republic too!

Republic, Republic!

The only Roman he's worried about is Roman Catholic.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
Gizzard did her share of fecking Australia big time.

Now we have the return of KRudd, King Dip Schit Part II, he is still is an absolute wanker !!!!    :-*

Today we have the attack FBT, to save two bits of SFA from Labour's over spending   ::)

What's next in the lunatics of Labour peripheral vision...... Hey why don't they attack negative gearing (again), which will surely do wonders for the housing crisis.

KRudd's new bestblowjobboy Treasurer is nothing but a minion's muppet.  :))

I am amazed at the stupidity of these sods, they wouldn't be able to hold a position in a public or private company.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #5
The only people hanging onto Abbott are the Coalition's very own Turnbull haters, ostriches, elderly patriarchs and geriatric nuffas. They are the head in the sand climate change deniers who think all technology is evil, they express this view regularly with every letter that they pen and post! Ahh, the rising price of stamps all Labors fault, I am stuck living in poverty I will never be able to buy that seventh house! If this keeps up my privately funded retirement might fall below $3k/week!

Unfortunately these folk's representatives have the numbers in the party room.
....and it's two minutes to midnight.
Might be a bit too late ;)

Reply #6
I oppose the idea of a republic for a variety of reasons.  One being the historical aspect but another being the cost involved.  Just try and think of all the paraphernalia that would need to be changes.  Starting from every button on every policeman's uniform, crested paper, etc, etc. right up to a total re-write of the constution. (something that would take over a decade these days.) Then we have the problem of who becomes the president and how are they to be selected.  It needs to be in a way in which they can be ousted quickly (today's G/G can have their commission withdrawn reasonably easy and quickly)  How about State Gov's?  All state government rules need to be re-written.  No you cannot just white-out G.G. or State G. and type in another name, it would be a far wider ranging task.  All of these things would require a huge number of inputs from volunteer self-professed academics not to mention the huge number of paid jobs that would have to be old.  Think of the court battles to challenge each and every process/statement/idea.  The task would be enormous.  Currently the process works well.  Why change it?

Reply #7
I stand by my original post, before he wrecks the joint Tony Abbott must go!

Not only has he started hurting his opponents, but he is stuffing his backers as well, members of his own party are turning rapidly.

Tony Abbott is making George Jnr seem worldly and competent!

- Double the debt limit.
 - Piss off the neighbors.
 - Sack the future.
 - Say nothing, see nothing, know nothing.

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/UmzsWxPLIOo[/flash]

Arise Sir Malcolm, FFS the sooner you do it the better!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Can't even stand the sight of the man. His daughters, on the other hand.  ;D

Reply #9
I oppose the idea of a republic for a variety of reasons.  One being the historical aspect but another being the cost involved.  Just try and think of all the paraphernalia that would need to be changes.  Starting from every button on every policeman's uniform, crested paper, etc, etc. right up to a total re-write of the constution. (something that would take over a decade these days.) Then we have the problem of who becomes the president and how are they to be selected.  It needs to be in a way in which they can be ousted quickly (today's G/G can have their commission withdrawn reasonably easy and quickly)  How about State Gov's?  All state government rules need to be re-written.  No you cannot just white-out G.G. or State G. and type in another name, it would be a far wider ranging task.  All of these things would require a huge number of inputs from volunteer self-professed academics not to mention the huge number of paid jobs that would have to be old.  Think of the court battles to challenge each and every process/statement/idea.  The task would be enormous.  Currently the process works well.  Why change it?

The defeat of the republic debate was a well orchestrated con job by Howard. The fact is that there was and is no reason to elect a president. The current system is a testament to that. There would not be a requirement to restructure other than reference to president in place of reference to Governor General in Constitution. Celestial rule contradicts the very notion of democratic equality.

Bring on a republic I say.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #10

One of the most interesting books ive read is Malcom Turnbull's account and diary notes of the republic debate. Awesome account of what went on behind the scenes from the person who headed the campaign- Title is --> Fighting for the republic.

Would be glad to see the Libs replace their current leader and for this bloke to take over.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #11
The defeat of the republic debate was a well orchestrated con job by Howard. The fact is that there was and is no reason to elect a president. The current system is a testament to that. There would not be a requirement to restructure other than reference to president in place of reference to Governor General in Constitution. Celestial rule contradicts the very notion of democratic equality.

Bring on a republic I say.

Yes, I am afraid I agree, I even read somewhere there are members of the UK royal family that now agree. They have made comment about us being similar to the child who cannot let go of mum's apron strings.

The other aspects of the debate are spurious, and the majority of the very high profile protesters seem to have vested interest like possible knighthoods and the like.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
I equally blame the left wing loonies for the fact the republic vote failed. OK it wasn't the plebeian model they wanted but at least it was the chance for a republic - a chance lost, and lost for many years to come!  >:(

It could have been modified by further referenda down the track if we thought it wasn't working but to vote "NO" at the time was a baaaaad mistake IMO and the only winners were the royalists.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
Would be glad to see the Libs replace their current leader and for this bloke to take over.

Well if Abbott's right wing NSW cronies keep crapping on the Nationals at the rate they are doing so right now you might get your wish. But I am skeptical, could some of the stuff happening be the start of the Liberals giving the Nationals the flick? There are a lot of disgruntled party members on both sides at the moment!

Lets see what happens to Banannaby when Grain Corp gets privatized!

(Image SMH.)

His eyes might pop right out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
it was the chance for a republic - a chance lost, and lost for many years to come!  >:(

I think your spot on.. it will be a long time before all the necessary stars fall in place again, ie  a future monarch with a level of popularity (to steal a phrase from chopper Reid) equivalent to "a pork chop in a synagogue, ", A Prime Minister with the passion and vision for cultural growth, and world circumstances conducive to independence. I suspect it wont happen in our life time unfortunately.

― Mark Twain