Skip to main content
Topic: Abbott must go, arise Sir Malcolm! (Read 79661 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Abbott must go, arise Sir Malcolm!

Reply #60
At the risk of being hammered, The only PM (in my time) who has had a grasp on foreign policy was Paul Keating. Not ashamed to say I was and still am a huge fan of the man.

I'm on your side on this one DU.  One of the few PMs who had a vision for the country that went beyond the next election.

And still does DJ

an absolute visionary , on more issues than just foreign policy. Had to the balls to stand by what he believes on major major issues. That's a leader..
I agree Keating was inspirational as a statesmen and a complete prick as a person, Abbott lacks the inspiration!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61
[quote ]

K Rudd has just retired!!! :))
[/quote]

Thank f**k for that, untrustworthy little prick.

This thread reads like the old Fremantle Workers Club at 11pm on a Friday night, Wharfies loaded up on amber fluid pitting for the downfall of their arch enemy.

The majority of the voting populace has voted and they opted for a change.

At least the vote wasn't made by the cash grabbing obscure Independents of the house.  
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #62
The events of today's parliament with Rudd's retirement speech followed by Abbott's speech of acknowledgement eerily remind me of this particular video....  ;D

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/T17VzztS60M[/flash]

;D ;D ;D

Reply #63
A Human Vagina who won't be missed. Pity he didn't swallow his pride and allow Julia free reign. Both contributed more to the Australian condition than Howard and Ablett could imagine.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #64

The only PM this country has ever had who was at his very best on his first day (as PM)... seems he read his own publicity that day and loved it (himself) so much that he took his eye off the ball and seldom regained it... that's also the day that his decline began and never stopped. Ego can be a dirty word.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #65
[quote ]

This thread reads like the old Fremantle Workers Club at 11pm on a Friday night, Wharfies loaded up on amber fluid pitting for the downfall of their arch enemy.

At least the vote wasn't made by the cash grabbing obscure Independents of the house.
[/quote]

That comment reads like someone loaded up on single malt whiskey at the Melbourne Club. ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #66

I am not sure the conservative side of politics can label anyone cash grabbers at the moment either, wedding anyone?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67

That comment reads like someone loaded up on single malt whiskey at the Melbourne Club. ;)

That probably highlights the problems in any political debate.
To many generalisations and stereotypes.

There's a refusal by both sides to recognise strengths and weaknesses on the other side of the political fence.
It's a natural thing but it's strange how some of the most passionate of supporters of individual freedom and thought are so dismissive of the views of others.

It's why these things never end in agreement.....but they're funny to read. :D

Reply #68
The events of today's parliament with Rudd's retirement speech followed by Abbott's speech of acknowledgement eerily remind me of this particular video....  ;D

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/T17VzztS60M[/flash]

;D ;D ;D

Ah, Rowan Atkinson with the late Mel Smith - classic stuff!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
A Human Vagina who won't be missed. Pity he didn't swallow his pride and allow Julia free reign. Both contributed more to the Australian condition than Howard and Ablett could imagine.

Ablett has done more to the Australian condition than all of them combined. ;)

Reply #70

Ohhh, but which Ablett has been more influential in Australian politics than the other? Senior or Junior??? Ahh, the ageless question we all want answered :P
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #71

Ohhh, but which Ablett has been more influential in Australian politics than the other? Senior or Junior??? Ahh, the ageless question we all want answered :P

Which leads to another timeless question, were things better in the past than the present or has each new generation gone one better than the last.  ;)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #72
Which leads to another timeless question, were things better in the past than the present or has each new generation gone one better than the last.  ;)

When you write "better", do you mean "stoop lower" or am I just cynical?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73

When you write "better", do you mean "stoop lower" or am I just cynical?

well picked up LP....depends how you look at it  ;)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain