The old threatening lines. Here are some I remember  ;D

"Just wait til we get home". 

"Wait til your father gets home".  

"I kick ya farking arse that hard you won't sit down for a month!!"

"I'll farking shove ya head up ya arse!!"

And two of my personal favourites:

"Speak to me like that and I'll slap ya face!!!!"

"Look at me like that and I slap you."  

And this one: "I'll f***ing belt you!!!!

;D

Oh to be a kid again. ^-^

Re: Parenting & Discipline

Reply #61

;D

Gozz - you shouldn't have spoken to your parents like that!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
After enduring Christmas, no amount of discipline is going to make an ounce of difference when kids see some of the behaviour their parents model for them.

Gozza, that's some disturbing crap  :o

LOL@cookie

Reply #63

I have been a fan of maddox for a while and this is one of his most famous offerings.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

How come everyone today is too much of a pussy to smack their kids around? That's what I want to know: why are parents afraid to beat their kids? When I was a kid and I screwed up, my parents beat my ass. We didn't have a conversation about it. I didn't have a "time out." In fact, I've never even once been grounded in my life. What's the point? Send your kid to his room and make him play video games and read comic books all day? Great idea, why don't you take him to a psychiatrist while you're at it so she can pull some disorder out of her ass to hide the fact that you're a bad parent?

I like this one

The sucker punch. Just ask the question "hey, what's that on your shirt?" and when they look down, bust their lip. You need to do this every now and then to keep them guessing. Don't ever let them off the hook. Just because they're not doing anything wrong doesn't mean that they didn't do something wrong earlier that you weren't aware of.

Reply #64

;D

Gozz - you shouldn't have spoken to your parents like that!

;D ;D

Did anyone here ever get a belting in the car? I remember when we were kids, before we lost our father, we went on a family holiday, driving to NSW. The three of us blued in the back seat all the way there - I thought the old man couldn't do it by driving the car and giving a slap at the same time. He simply took one hand off the wheel, reached around the seat without looking and gave me a beauty.  ;D All while driving the car at 100ks down a busy highway.  ;D

@LR - Very amusing.  ;D

OurTime - please don't tell me you never heard any of those.  ;D

Reply #65
The sucker punch. Just ask the question "hey, what's that on your shirt?" and when they look down, bust their lip. You need to do this every now and then to keep them guessing. Don't ever let them off the hook. Just because they're not doing anything wrong doesn't mean that they didn't do something wrong earlier that you weren't aware of.

I remember getting a belting a couple of times for 'just in case'.  ;D

Reply #66
For every kid a smack didn't hurt... I reckon there's a thousand that it did.

Reply #68
I got smacked and I hated it.

Though I don't know if it prevented me from going back to doing the naughty things.
How naughty I was I do not know.

Reply #69
Once at about 6 in the morning me and my brother got our arses kicked all around the kitchen because we were blueing and woke the old man up. Chairs flew and everything.

Reply #70

Carn Lods I thought you were old fashion.  :P

My dad was in the British Army.
He was an Australian overseas in the British Army when the Second World war broke out.
He was captured at Singapore and spent four years in the camps and on the railways.
After the war he joined the Australian Army and was a Sergeant-Major when he eventually left the Army.
He knew a bit about discipline and punishment.
He never once hit me.
I've spent the last 40 years working in Juvenile Detention centres and State Ward homes.
I've seen the result of physical abuse and the circle of violence it creates in young folk.
I know a bit about discipline and punishment.
I've never once hit my own kids (or any other kid)and my kids have turned out fine.
I just don't think it's necessary.

Reply #71

He was an Australian overseas in the British Army when the Second World war broke out.
He was captured at Singapore and spent four years in the camps and on the railways.
After the war he joined the Australian Army and was a Sergeant-Major when he eventually left the Army.
He never once hit me.
I've spent the last 40 years working in Juvenile Detention centres and State Ward homes.
I've seen the result of physical abuse and the circle of violence it creates in young folk.
I've never once hit my own kids (or any other kid)and my kids have turned out fine.

Top post, LODS. Strong.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72

He never once hit me.

Top post, LODS. Strong.

Nice post Lods.

I don't spank Lance Jr at all. (and by Lance Jr I mean my son.....)

He can be challenging at times but the mrs keeps telling me that smacking is lazy parenting - and the few times that he has been smacked or heavily disciplined I didn't like the reaction he gave.

Reply #74
Do you think a good hiding here and there hurt old Gozza?  ;D