Skip to main content
Topic: Stick it on the lockers!! (Read 15752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stick it on the lockers!!

Reply #15
The glass is half full - we are a big chance to beat Essendon at least once in 2016. A couple of weeks ago you would have pencilled in 2 losses.

Reply #16
Ralph seems to have put more thought into his Bombers' line up while the side he has picked for us has blokes out of position, named twice, and not considered.

Even with its retreads, Essendon will lack depth this season and that will be a telling factor as injuries bite and younger and poorly prepared players fatigue.

While Ralph's consideration of the lists is superficial, a more glaring issue is his failure to consider the coaches.  Worsfold ended his career at Wet Toast as a coach found lacking.  With his time out of the game, his ability to match it with the other coaches in terms of preparation, game plan and tactics must be questionable.

Of course, we have a novice in Bolton but I'd say that his experience over the last three years has been much better preparation than what Worsfold has had.

Essendon may jag a win or two, but not against us.

Agree especially with your comments re. Woosher. I'm not too worried about the Bummers if we keep focused.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Not sure what the point of this article is, reads like Ralph has a beef with Carlton and is out to stick it to us!

I didn't get that vibe from it at all. I read it to be quite encouraging of what we're trying to achieve as a whole. He basically said it; Carlton are trying to win a premiership whilst Essendon are merely trying to remain relevant. The whole point of the article is that the only hope Essendon have of any joy this season is in beating a side that is starting from scratch and is full of kids. Which is entirely correct. Does it mean they're definitely going to beat us? No, as there are too many variables. But you have to give those Scum supporters something to be hopeful for...gotta feel sorry for them really  ;)

Reply #18
Ralph is a bumbers supporter and a total flog.  The 93 baby bombers was media propaganda, they had many experienced older players but the lie keeps being tossed around.

They're all flogs..... Sheehan, Robbo Ralph etc etc ... they are just footy fans who happen to be journo's... they and their opinions crap me to tears.

Carey, Dunstall, Brereton, King and Healy etc etc are flogs too  ;D   But they've played the game at the highest level so I respect their opinions.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #19
I didn't get that vibe from it at all. I read it to be quite encouraging of what we're trying to achieve as a whole. He basically said it; Carlton are trying to win a premiership whilst Essendon are merely trying to remain relevant. The whole point of the article is that the only hope Essendon have of any joy this season is in beating a side that is starting from scratch and is full of kids. Which is entirely correct. Does it mean they're definitely going to beat us? No, as there are too many variables. But you have to give those Scum supporters something to be hopeful for...gotta feel sorry for them really  ;)

No you don't!  I had the misfortune to spend Australia Day with two of them and they were insufferable - not that it wasn't easy to put them back in their box :)

I think you're right about the underlying factors; we're aiming for a premiership and they're aiming to survive.  Apart from that, it's a superficial article that fails to really analyse the strengths and weaknesses of both sides.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Ralph is a bumbers supporter and a total flog.  The 93 baby bombers was media propaganda, they had many experienced older players but the lie keeps being tossed around.
A mate of mine went to school with J Ralph and he told me years ago that "he always was a flog and always will be". He was right.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Asshole + Opinion = Opinionated Asshole

Einsteins previously unpublished theory of relativity.  :)

Reply #23
I particularly enjoyed the direct reference to Carlton's suspicions (raised after they physically smashed us only 5 days after the '12 ANZAC day game). Happy that it is out there, that the feral filth now know where the doom came from. That's all that matters in this poxy piece, there were so many players out of position it was farcical.
Personally don't care how many games we win or not this year, but THE FILTH ARE NOT TO PREVAIL.
This generation love tats so I would tattoo it to every player, THE FILTH MUST NOT WIN
 >:D
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #24
I particularly enjoyed the direct reference to Carlton's suspicions (raised after they physically smashed us only 5 days after the '12 ANZAC day game). Happy that it is out there, that the feral SCUM now know where the doom came from. That's all that matters in this poxy piece, there were so many players out of position it was farcical.
Personally don't care how many games we win or not this year, but THE SCUM ARE NOT TO PREVAIL.
This generation love tats so I would tattoo it to every player, THE SCUM MUST NOT WIN
 >:D
EFA  ;D. I was always brought up that Collingwood are The Filth and The Cheating Kents are The Scum. Having said that, happy to refer the to them as Filth. or anything other than their proper name and anything that resembles goodness.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
EFA  ;D. I was always brought up that Collingwood are The Filth and The Cheating Kents are The Scum. Having said that, happy to refer the to them as Filth. or anything other than their proper name and anything that resembles goodness.

EssenScum then, EssenScum now and EssenScum forever!

Yet I feel this label is derogatory to scum everywhere, does scum deserve such a cruel allegory? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Apparently Jobe Watson will be going into commentary after footy on channel 7.

Does anyone else think that this leaves a bitter taste in the mouth?

Disgraced and removed from all involvement should be the way this goes, not compensated and celebrated.

FMD they don't know how to read the landscape.  Its like giving lance Armstrong a position commentating on the tour de france.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #28

Disgraced and removed from all involvement should be the way this goes, not compensated and celebrated.

FMD they don't know how to read the landscape.  Its like giving lance Armstrong a position commentating on the tour de france.

Pure nepotism/cronyism. What do you expect Thry?

Anyway, he didn't do anything wrong - it's all a conspiracy to get EFC!  ::)

Reply #29

I don't think you can compare Jobe and Lance's situations.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!