Skip to main content
Topic: Stick it on the lockers!! (Read 15629 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stick it on the lockers!!

Reply #31
Apparently Jobe Watson will be going into commentary after footy on channel 7.

Does anyone else think that this leaves a bitter taste in the mouth?

Disgraced and removed from all involvement should be the way this goes, not compensated and celebrated.

FMD they don't know how to read the landscape.  Its like giving lance Armstrong a position commentating on the tour de france.
I agree with this 200%
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
I don't think you can compare Jobe and Lance's situations.

True; Armstrong avoided detection for much longer so you could say that he is a more successful drug cheat than Watson.  At the end of the day, they are both drug cheats.

The AFL industry is a very close-knit, incestuous group and they will close ranks to protect and support members of the group. 

However, I will be looking forward to football commentators making correct use of the term "former Brownlow Medalist" when they say, "Over to former Brownlow Medalist Jobe Watson for his sycophantic comments on the undermanned Bombers' very honourable loss to the premiership favourites, Carlton."

Yes, I'm probably dreaming, the AFL boys club will probably let Watson keep the Brownlow he won by drug cheating.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
No but what lance did is in a different stratosphere.

In relation to the sports they both participated in, it could be stated that Lance was actually a "fairer" drug cheat as PED use has been a long term issue across the sport as a whole.
:-X

In either case, the athletes are generally disgraced, and shouldnt be thrust into the media on the first season off.  They are talking about him joining the AFL commentary team this season.  Surely there are more appropriate people who are elligible and would like to do the job is the crux of the point.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
In relation to the sports they both participated in, it could be stated that Lance was actually a "fairer" drug cheat as PED use has been a long term issue across the sport as a whole.
:-X

In either case, the athletes are generally disgraced, and shouldnt be thrust into the media on the first season off.  They are talking about him joining the AFL commentary team this season.  Surely there are more appropriate people who are elligible and would like to do the job is the crux of the point.

I thought you said it was after footy? If it's this year while he is banned then x1000000 from me.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #38
They couldn't possibly have him in a commentary team this year.

(Just as an aside I wonder whether the ban extends to him not being allowed on an AFL ground on game day...I would think it should.)

Reply #39
Jobe couldn't go onto an AFL ground during a game as the WADA rules do not allow athletes to associate with banned athletes.

Ch 7 could hire him this year but that would mean no AFL player could be on that show while he is working or they also face a ban.

Reply #40
Yeah mea culpa, ESSENSCUM is the correct insult, just got carried away ;)
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #41
Ho does Jab 'I did nothing wrong oh yeah but I didn't report the injections' Watson have enough cred left to work on TV?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Ho does Jab 'I did nothing wrong oh yeah but I didn't report the injections' Watson have enough cred left to work on TV?

Same reason his knuckle head dad had a gig as a sports anchor despite zero experience and talent.

Reply #43

He doesn't need cred, it's Ch.7 and they are coupled to EFC goolies deep!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
If Jab turns up on channel 7 it's a disgrace. There is a really ugly AFL undertone to this mess. They accept the WADA ban but don't seem to feel it's their role to support the finding in any way.