Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57229 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #165
Rain or no rain couldn't save us at the moment or EB1. I have listened to Mick and how well we have been training. The fact he states that in the training sessions we are a top 4 side in our application and how well we work. My question is what makes us become lazy on game day. How do we enter the field and look like we can't be bothered after the first bounce ? If we bring half efforts against the dogs, we will suffer and suffer bad. We will all need medications just to avoid bringing this site into a melt down. It will crash like a derailed train. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #166
Rain or no rain couldn't save us at the moment or EB1. I have listened to Mick and how well we have been training. The fact he states that in the training sessions we are a top 4 side in our application and how well we work. My question is what makes us become lazy on game day. How do we enter the field and look like we can't be bothered after the first bounce ? If we bring half efforts against the dogs, we will suffer and suffer bad. We will all need medications just to avoid bringing this site into a melt down. It will crash like a derailed train. ;)

we had the same problem under Ratten - remember all the games when we would start slow and give oppositions 5 goal starts and we wouldn't fire up late until the 2nd or start of 3rd quarter, if at all.

there is something inherently wrong with the list IMO...

Reply #167

The reason just looks so obvious - we don't believe in ourselves and our capabilities sufficiently to beat real opposition - don't have the self confidence to go out and really give it our best shot for the whole game. That's just not an issue at training.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #168
Cookie, we need to make it a non issue for a few games and just get our confidence back. You can't prepare to win and play to lose. Even Mick states he isn't getting the guys to see the victory, but see that we can win. The result works itself out in the end if the work rate is there. At the moment we don't have the work rate during games, but on the training track which just doesn't make sense. A loser mentality that must me rectified by the playing group. Not a coaching issue. A player mentality.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #169
Cookie, we need to make it a non issue for a few games and just get our confidence back. You can't prepare to win and play to lose. Even Mick states he isn't getting the guys to see the victory, but see that we can win. The result works itself out in the end if the work rate is there. At the moment we don't have the work rate during games, but on the training track which just doesn't make sense. A loser mentality that must me rectified by the playing group. Not a coaching issue. A player mentality.

Mantis, addressing player mentality is Coaching 101; get your players, be they netballers, basketballers or footballers, up for the game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #170
We don't 'Believe'
And with ' No Limits' that is precisely where we are at, we have set no limits to achieve ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #171
it will be interesting how they play with judd on the ground
He has risen??

Reply #172
He has risen??

Hah.  ;D Wouldn't that be a sad indictment of our so called leadership group. Have not matured at all. Bunch of 15 year boys and not men at all. I watched St.Kilda with massive admiration last night. Talk about frantic and willing to have a crack and back themselves. Our players better deliver - they are all on notice. The Coach should be getting nervous right about now tbh.
Keep the Faith

Reply #173
He has risen??

Hah.  ;D Wouldn't that be a sad indictment of our so called leadership group. Have not matured at all. Bunch of 15 year boys and not men at all. I watched St.Kilda with massive admiration last night. Talk about frantic and willing to have a crack and back themselves. Our players better deliver - they are all on notice. The Coach should be getting nervous right about now tbh.
I too watched the St.Kilda game, thought they had a fair bit of the Ratten influence in their game plan. Did anybody else see that?

Reply #174
He has risen??

I too watched the St.Kilda game, thought they had a fair bit of the Ratten influence in their game plan. Did anybody else see that?

Could be that Ratten had a fair bit of the Richarson influence?

Reply #175
He has risen??

Or visa versa ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #176
He has risen??

Or visa versa ;)

We're going round in circles BP.  :))

Reply #177
Petty sure Ratts had implemented his gameplan prior to Richardson coming over had he not?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #178
Petty sure Ratts had implemented his gameplan prior to Richardson coming over had he not?

Just wondered how long it would take for you to jump in Carrots.  ;D

Reply #179

Just wondered how long it would take for you to jump in Carrots.  ;D

Owned. 8)

On a serious note, it was real cavalier stuff. They ran like gazelles up the field, and yes, now that I think of it, it does remind me of our old plan. What I liked more was their incessant pressure off the ball. Bombers couldn't handle it at all. Young Luke Dunstan and Jack Billings..stars in the making.
Keep the Faith