Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57059 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #30
Can someone tell me what happened to Menzel ?
I was at the game but I've heard nothing and can't find anything here !
Cheers
Stock
Hammy i think mate,

Corky in a marking contest on the boundary line.  Saw it happen and  he came up limping after the contact.
My mate got a corky last year, one of the worst i've ever seen, 8 weeks out, and he still has pain in his kneecap when he jumps and lands, and thats a thigh corky. Absolute worst case scenario that is, He'll probs miss a week or two if he had to be subbed out

Reply #31
Cheers boys

Reply #32
Buckley.    Waite   Dougherty

Giles   Henderson.  Simpson

Thomas    McLean   Yarran

Everett     Walker.  Gibbs

Cripps      Casboult.  Ellard

Wood.   Judd.  Murphy

Graham, Cripps,  Bell   Curnow

In: Bell, McLean, Giles, Waite, Dougherty, Judd, Wood,

Out: Menzel (inj) Jammo (inj) Scotland, Carrazzo, Lucas, Warnock, Rowe (all omitted)

Just to start the conversation

Scotland - back the youth (Dougherty)
Carrazzo - Brought back too early (Bell)
Warlock - See what Wood can do
Rowe - Waite is x 10 better and won't get the yips down back.
Lucas - We were promised Judd by Round 5!

McLean - need strength in the clinches
Giles - back the youth

Reply #33

Out: Menzel (inj) Jammo (inj) Scotland, Carrazzo, Lucas, Warnock, Rowe (all omitted)

Wood is still a rookie, how the hell does he get a game if there is no LTI spot available yet!

Plus after Baggers report, he mentioned Wood looked to be struggling to keep up at VFL level let alone take on one of AFLs top three ruckmen at the moment.

Minson will mince Warnock, what he will do to our others might be career ending for them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Duigan and Kreuzer could be LTIs.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
Because our MC are dills.  Kind of like continuing with Walker in defence or leaving Touhy to get murdered in defence 4 weeks running (.... I'd try him on a wing).   The definition of insanity; continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result....

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #37
Can someone tell me what happened to Menzel ?
I was at the game but I've heard nothing and can't find anything here !
Cheers
Stock
Hammy i think mate,

Corky in a marking contest on the boundary line.  Saw it happen and  he came up limping after the contact.

And still laid a tackle and won a free kick before he went off, he's a ripper.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #38

Wood is still a rookie, how the hell does he get a game if there is no LTI spot available yet!

Um, a guy called Kreuser (remember him??) is the reason we can evelvate a rookie!

Independent VFL report:
From the VFL: "Brock McLean led the way for the Northern Blues with 36 disposals, Tom Bell had 30 (three goals) and Sam Docherty 26, with White, Nick Holman and Cameron Wood (47 hitouts) among their best"

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Reply #39
Um, a guy called Kreuser (remember him??) is the reason we can evelvate a rookie!

Independent VFL report:
From the VFL: "Brock McLean led the way for the Northern Blues with 36 disposals, Tom Bell had 30 (three goals) and Sam Docherty 26, with White, Nick Holman and Cameron Wood (47 hitouts) among their best"

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

It wasn't a rant, and Wood is still yet to be elevated despite weeks of people posting on here he is a certain "In". It would seem the MC, so far at least, doesn't agree! They have had the Duigan spot available since December, haven't they?

You will know from my posting history here I give HO stats very little credence as it is only about 1/3 of what a ruckmen needs to do to play well, and it would seem Leigh Matthews agrees so without wanting to offend you I'll defer to agree with Leigh.  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
Wood is an interesting one.

As I mentioned in my report yesterday (the apprentice RR  :) ) Wood was the dominant big man on the ground and did some good around the ground. Although he had the most tap outs not all were well placed for the mids... still too many at blokes feet, which to me means only fair tap work.

He does read the play well; has good hands (can actually mark the thing!!!) and good foot / disposal skills. But the step up from NBs to senior selection would be a big move. I'd want to see more in the twos. And better fitness.

Might get his chance this week if Warnock gets rubbed out. Or does Levi get the ruck gig and Waite return to CHF?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Wood is an interesting one.

As I mentioned in my report yesterday (the apprentice RR  :) ) Wood was the dominant big man on the ground and did some good around the ground. Although he had the most tap outs not all were well placed for the mids... still too many at blokes feet, which to me means only fair tap work.

He does read the play well; has good hands (can actually mark the thing!!!) and good foot / disposal skills. But the step up from NBs to senior selection would be a big move. I'd want to see more in the twos. And better fitness.

Might get his chance this week if Warnock gets rubbed out. Or does Levi get the ruck gig and Waite return to CHF?

Its Will Minson this week and he generally does a number on our ruckman....Levi wouldnt have a hope in containing him and Wood has to play IMO.

Reply #42
Sunday 20 April@1640
Etihad Stadium (away game)

Must win game. Actually, if it was me I'd be saying win or there's no next week for a bunch of people.

Judd is back (pffft fat chance)

Don't you want to get a priority pick plus picks 1-10 ;) ;) ;) ;)

Reply #44
Will stay home and flog myself with a length of wire cable... it's $37.50 cheaper and gives the same feeling.

I might just flog myself........but without the wire cable :-* :-* :-*