Skip to main content
Topic: Is Psychological help the answer ? (Read 39669 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Psychological help the answer ?

Reply #15
Never looked like it pffft. Should have played in a prelim, I think if we go back and visit that after game thread everyone was of the same opinion, we were robbed. We played WCE in West Coast with no Kreuzer, Gibbs and Waite. Lost T-Bird in the second quarter. Umpires destroyed us. West Coast were a top four side.

We never looked like a Premiership team. Never. Just a good finalist. Time to move on.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
To answer the question of the thread: YES! We need as much help as we can get.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
To answer the question of the thread: YES! We need as much help as we can get.

We sure do. I'm up for everything we can try at this stage.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18
Never looked like it pffft. Should have played in a prelim, I think if we go back and visit that after game thread everyone was of the same opinion, we were robbed. We played WCE in West Coast with no Kreuzer, Gibbs and Waite. Lost T-Bird in the second quarter. Umpires destroyed us. West Coast were a top four side.

Coodabeen Champs?  ;)  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19

Coodabeens!!!!!!!

Edit: Beaten to it by Cookie.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #20

Would've been pummelled by the Cats the following week had we made it anyway. Just weren't up to it, and evidence of that is how quickly we ve fallen away since.

Reply #21

Coodabeens!!!!!!!

Edit: Beaten to it by Cookie.

Great minds B4L, Great minds.  ;D ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22

Would've been pummelled by the Cats the following week had we made it anyway. Just weren't up to it, and evidence of that is how quickly we ve fallen away since.

Highlighted our lack of depth IMO. Something that is now glaringly obvious.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #23

Lost to the Cats by less than a kick with the infamous Warnock concussion miss.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
Since 2000 the handbaggers lead us 11 wins to six.

This era has included the lowest ebb in our clubs proud history whilst it has been Geelong's  greatest era in more than 150 years.

Even Hawthorn who have snatched 2 flags in this era hold a similar percentage to us against the handbaggers with 15 losses and 8 wins.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #25

Lost to the Cats by less than a kick with the infamous Warnock concussion miss.

yep... 2011 could have been anything.

Reply #26
Did not beat a side in the Top 4 in Ratten's Glory Year of 2011.

Some people can't seem to grasp that to win the flag you have to be able to beat the best sides.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Did not beat a side in the Top 4 in Ratten's Glory Year of 2011.

Some people can't seem to grasp that to win the flag you have to be able to beat the best sides.

Footscray supporters can, so near and yet so far.
North blew a Grand Final against Adelaide and Geelong got the yips in 2008, 11.23 including point blank misses by Mooney and Ottens, apart from those two I can't think of any team good enough who didn't take home the chocolates.
Carlton has been well off the pace for over a decade, we were even lucky to be playing in the famous PF of '99 thanks to a sweetheart deal with the MCG.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28
Since 2000 the handbaggers lead us 11 wins to six.

This era has included the lowest ebb in our clubs proud history whilst it has been Geelong's  greatest era in more than 150 years.

Even Hawthorn who have snatched 2 flags in this era hold a similar percentage to us against the handbaggers with 15 losses and 8 wins.

Surely you jest.
2000 to the present includes a period when Hawthorn got Hodge at pick 2 and Roughead as a priority pick in separate seasons, they bottomed out.
Unlike Carlton they rebounded, we haven't beaten them for about 7 years.

Reply #29

In the end, people only remember the 'potential walker free' that could've won us the match.

If you look through the goal by goal, you'll see a different story to us being a contender.

We kicked the first 4 goals of the match, to their 0.1
We kicked the last 3 goals of the match after they had got their game high lead of 21 points, 22 minutes into the last quarter and took the foot of the pedal.

In the middle of the game, they kicked 15 goals to our 6 and clearly had the game on their terms.

Yes, we nearly stole it late, but they were still a class above us.