Skip to main content
Topic: Bulldogs vs Carlton (in game) (Read 15901 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bulldogs vs Carlton (in game)

Reply #15
Reckon the coach could make a move to put a  player back to stop the run.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #16
Three quick goals at the start of the 2nd quarter to the Dogs and they have eaten up our good lead.

Liberatore has hardly had a touch with Curnow doing a good job in shutting him down, hard to keep someone like him quiet all day though.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #17
Bulldogs not putting much pressure on but our boys seem to be running harder than in the past two games put together.

Reply #19
Bryce Gibbs just so damaging forward of centre.

So, whose gameplan is this?  Run, run, run and tough at the ball.  Who cares.  I like.  Can they keep it up for more than a quarter?
Ron Barassi's :D
30/40 year old game plan - same thing.

Reply #20
If we lose from here (29points up) then we should be shot.

Reply #21
BOOM! Brilliant goal Murphy!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Speak for yourself Sheik!

Reply #23
30-point lead at half-time, playing way way way better than we have seen all season, seem to have all of their key players in check whilst getting the ball inside 50m quick and to a taller than normal forward line.

Reply #24
Playing with confidence with a edge of toughness... I like

Reply #25
I worry that MM is telling the players to initiate plan Malthouse in his half time talk.
(play the boundary)

Reply #26
Much better first half.

Problems I see at the moment, Rowe, Rowe and Rowe. He is lucky that the boys are playing how they are, so he hasn't been under as much pressure.

I hope Garlett was watching that dribble kick. Probably not.

Have to keep this up, so Bell needs to be better with his disposals and more aware of what's around him. He could have taken a bounce or two and had a shot at goal himself rather than go the long kick.
Tackling is superior to what we have been doing all year. Actually we haven't been tackling all year, so this is a pleasant change.
Cripps will get better each game, need to keep playing him.

Thomas didn't do much that quarter, want to see more from him.

Everitt too in and out at the moment. Cost us a goal with sloppy defence.

Agree with Walker comments. Can't work out what he's doing out there.

Gibbs been terrific, Murphy the same, Waite and Henderson good. I hope MM realises that you NEVER leave Waite out of the side when he's not injurted. He owes us 120 games.

Umpiring, bamboozling to say the least. It's pot luck. The decision that Yarran didn't get was just disgraceful.

Hope we don't run out of puff or the adrenalin that we are obviously playing on.

Oh and isn't it nice to have Juddy sitting there waiting.

Reply #27
Rowe going ok.

I'm really happy for him.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #28
Bryce Gibbs just so damaging forward of centre.

So, whose gameplan is this?  Run, run, run and tough at the ball.  Who cares.  I like.  Can they keep it up for more than a quarter?
Ron Barassi's :D
30/40 year old game plan - same thing.

Rightly or wrongly it's a style of play this list seem to be most comfortable with.

They seem confident and actually seem to be enjoying it.
Now folk may say it won't win you finals....but you're not going win finals if you're not there in the first place

Reply #29
I could be wrong here but Mad Mick's patented "Boundary Line" plan is not being used at all today and it is a major reason why we are playing 250 times better than we have all season.