Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60158 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #15
wondering how did Levi go??

Small defence and it sound like Waite and Hendo played fwd so i would expected a lot from Levi sounded like a perfect game for him.

Levi didn't star but he did some nice link up work up the ground and was a physical presence with some strong tackles.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #16
How did Curnow get wrapped around a post? Guts or opposition action?

It was accidental, he was leading Picken to the ball and as he picked it up Picken tackled him and they both slid side-on into the post. Curnow was the meat in the sandwich between Picken & the post.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
How did Curnow get wrapped around a post? Guts or opposition action?

He was pushed forward by a dogs player as he went to ground trying to force a behind. Accident, but he tried to come back on and ceased up.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19
^^ sounds like the single bullet theory

Reply #20
David King saying Judd gone for 4-6 weeks.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #21
Thanks, guys. Lots of bad news, but at least we managed to get over the line.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
Judd - easter sunday - didn't go according to script ure

Reply #23
The way they're talking about judd, you'd think he'd died  on the field

Reply #24
fk that McGuire is a flog

Reply #26
The injury toll from this match could be very high, we know Judd is gone for a while but there will be a huge question mark over Curnow now plus there may be a couple of others we don't know about.

With this gutsy win, hopefully the media can switch their focus on someone else and give us a reprieve.

Still cannot give any kudos to White & Rowe but Waite certainly had a fair dip as did Murphy and Warnock got his hand to it with regular monotony. Curnow gave Libba Jnr a bath until he got injured and Henderson was sensational up forward.

Having three big marking forwards (Henderson, Waite & Casboult) to kick to makes such a difference. Whilst it is unsure whether Casboult will make it (I don't) and Waite hasn't long left in the game, surely this performance highlights the need to recruit some quality key position depth.

Scotland's brainfade in the last quarter could of sealed it for us earlier but his longevity in the game will also be another talking point.

All in all, this was a win out of adversity and clearly showed that Mick's Boundary Line plan doesn't work for us as we used the centre corridor with run and flair to set up the win early.

Lastly, whilst I am thrilled with this win, I'm not shying away from any of the comments I've made over the past month regarding the quality of our playing list and the need for a rebuild. All this has done is convinced me that we do in fact have the nucleus to build from over the next two-years.

Without Rowe or White, Henderson and Waite wouldn't have had the games they had. Granted, Rowe/White can be replaced with higher quality players at the end of the year, but it went a long way to winning this game.

Reply #27
Didn't see any of the game and just listened to the radio today. It did sound like a complete contrast to how we have been going about our footy this year so far.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
It looked like Judd was describing what happened to Warnock in the rooms and I think he mouthed the words "I'm fine" or something like that. Im a few beers in and can't remember exactly. Fingers crossed its not too bad. So much relief in my house.