Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60159 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #32
fk this McGuire, the third time he's asked about judds injury
he's really fkn scared about judd playing against the filth

Reply #33
Didn't see any of the game and just listened to the radio today. It did sound like a complete contrast to how we have been going about our footy this year so far.

In one word: Intent.

They picked up the Gaunlet and slapped the Dogs in the chops. Season defining. No Jamieson and Judd. Leadership group stepped up, Gibbs, Murphy, Hendo, Curnow and Warnock and Bell stood out for me especially. Why they didn't kill the Dogs when they had their heels on their neck? Troubling. But gutsy, really gutsy! Hat off to Curnow, true warrior.
Keep the Faith

Reply #34
fk that McGuire is a flog

Of the highest order!!

fkn prick mentioned twice  - once to murphy how he hated daisy singing the song
when he's ridden with jealousy, he goes red and his eyes look glazed and bloodshot.
Racist jealous flog

How the President of an AFL club can host a show like this is beyond me. Imagine the outcry if it had been Big Jack at the height of his powers.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #36
How many tackles did Bell get? He threw himself around like a raging bull. Was great to watch!
Keep the Faith

Reply #37
Great win amazing hat happens when we revert to a more attacking gameplan that suits our players Was a pleasure to watch us play today. Great to see the leadership early in the game came from our three young leader Murphy, Hendo and Gibbs. When I say leadership I mean that they turned up to win and the rest of the team came along with them. It just sucks a little because finals are already out of our reach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
The injury toll from this match could be very high, we know Judd is gone for a while but there will be a huge question mark over Curnow now plus there may be a couple of others we don't know about.

With this gutsy win, hopefully the media can switch their focus on someone else and give us a reprieve.

Still cannot give any kudos to White & Rowe but Waite certainly had a fair dip as did Murphy and Warnock got his hand to it with regular monotony. Curnow gave Libba Jnr a bath until he got injured and Henderson was sensational up forward.

Having three big marking forwards (Henderson, Waite & Casboult) to kick to makes such a difference. Whilst it is unsure whether Casboult will make it (I don't) and Waite hasn't long left in the game, surely this performance highlights the need to recruit some quality key position depth.

Scotland's brainfade in the last quarter could of sealed it for us earlier but his longevity in the game will also be another talking point.

All in all, this was a win out of adversity and clearly showed that Mick's Boundary Line plan doesn't work for us as we used the centre corridor with run and flair to set up the win early.

Lastly, whilst I am thrilled with this win, I'm not shying away from any of the comments I've made over the past month regarding the quality of our playing list and the need for a rebuild. All this has done is convinced me that we do in fact have the nucleus to build from over the next two-years.

Without Rowe or White, Henderson and Waite wouldn't have had the games they had. Granted, Rowe/White can be replaced with higher quality players at the end of the year, but it went a long way to winning this game.

Yep good point. They weren't brilliant but not terrible. One of rowes better games IMO

Reply #39
Great win amazing hat happens when we revert to a more attacking gameplan that suits our players Was a pleasure to watch us play today. Great to see the leadership early in the game came from our three young leader Murphy, Hendo and Gibbs. When I say leadership I mean that they turned up to win and the rest of the team came along with them. It just sucks a little because finals are already out of our reach.

Not mathematically just yet. Not likely but still possible.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
fk that McGuire is a flog

Of the highest order!!

fkn prick mentioned twice  - once to murphy how he hated daisy singing the song
when he's ridden with jealousy, he goes red and his eyes look glazed and bloodshot.
Racist jealous flog

How the President of an AFL club can host a show like this is beyond me. Imagine the outcry if it had been Big Jack at the height of his powers.

he is awful - just highlights the lack of talent around
talks about Michael Christians horse winning a group 1 race in Sydney - and shows the race!

Reply #41
A superbly competitive performance where we stretched to the limits of our capabilities and showed the guts to fight it out to the end. Delivered what I've been looking for in that dept. for some time.

Don't like to cast any negatives after such a guts based win but I'm yet to be convinced that we are any more than a middle of the road team unfortunately. We need to back that up now with a few more similar performances to convince me that we have what it takes. Good to turn things around a bit though and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game - well played boys!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #42

Reply #43
good win

don't get carried away

we are sitting 16th

Reply #44
Good gutsy win.
When you make a statement like they did with the #UNITED message you look a bit silly if you don't back it up, and they did that in spades..... with the captain leading the way.
The important thing now will be to back it up.
We have a tough three weeks leading into the bye so wins will be hard but the effort will be the indicator.