Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Business (Read 18775 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Busniness

Reply #60
Improving forward Levi Casboult will start contract talks next week, but veteran Jarrad Waite is no guarantee to stay.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/mick-malthouse-warns-chris-judd-to-consider-future-carefully-to-avoid-playing-one-season-too-long/story-e6frf3e3-1226984763170
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
Yea, they were strangely flat and meek weren't they?   They never recovered from what the Dominator did in the first 3 seconds...

Really odd from a Hawthorn side from that era.  Even the kid didn't fire a shot.

Was worried at quarter time though, we let them back in with late goals when we were so far up in general play, but it all ended well.

It was a plus 30 degree day.

Melbourne smashed Hawthorn in the Preliminary

Robert Walls was filthy angry for losing the 1986 GF and planned  for the 1987 Premiership in the Coaches box after the 1986 GF siren sounded.

Everything went our way that beautiful day.. C:-)

Reply #62
Mark Naley was a big plus in '87.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #63

Think it was John Elliott who said Naley was the last piece in the puzzle and they had wanted to get him over earlier than they did..

Reply #64
I was a huge Naley fan, he would've been in my top 3 players when at the club. I was just a young kid at the time but I remember although a little undersized he was all class, very skillful and quick.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65

Tore the Vics a new one on a few occasions playing for SA... massively underrated champ.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Business

Reply #66
Naley was a very good player alright but his running style/gait was a bit ungainly. Didn't seem to affect him though.
Reality always wins in the end.