Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain (Read 39945 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain

Reply #105
Such a great team effort  ::)

Reply #106
First game of the season I've been able to see the Blues.

Up to half-time, was quietly impressed with an 8-point deficit.  In the third quarter, 10.4 to 0.1 ................ I was appalled & embarassed!!

At the 20-min mark of the third, this young Swans muppet who kept standing up in front of us prior and we kept telling him to sit-down so we could see the game, stood up and said to me "are you still here ?"

I strongly said to him "sit down you clown, I didn't hear a freakin' peep out of you prior to half-time yet you only have the guts to lip-off when you are 8-goals up, friggen hero (edited version)".

Hit the p1ss after that !!

Warnock was abominable tonight !!

I watched a throw-in right in front of us and he double-fisted it back over the boundary.

I applauded and said "great ruck work Robert" which drew immense laughter from the Swans fans around me.

******* embarrassing !!

I'm an unabashed fan of Andrew Walker but I saw some things tonight that really made me want to re-assess my view on him. There were times where he refused to chase and/or apply pressure and it genuinely worried me.

Why was he so lacksadaisal tonight when clearly he is capable of way better than that ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #107
First game of the season I've been able to see the Blues.

Up to half-time, was quietly impressed with an 8-point deficit.  In the third quarter, 10.4 to 0.1 ................ I was appalled & embarassed!!

At the 20-min mark of the third, this young Swans muppet who kept standing up in front of us prior and we kept telling him to sit-down so we could see the game, stood up and said to me "are you still here ?"

I strongly said to him "sit down you clown, I didn't hear a freakin' peep out of you prior to half-time yet you only have the guts to lip-off when you are 8-goals up, friggen hero (edited version)".

Hit the p1ss after that !!

Warnock was abominable tonight !!

I watched a throw-in right in front of us and he double-fisted it back over the boundary.

I applauded and said "great ruck work Robert" which drew immense laughter from the Swans fans around me.

******* embarrassing !!

I'm an unabashed fan of Andrew Walker but I saw some things tonight that really made me want to re-assess my view on him. There were times where he refused to chase and/or apply pressure and it genuinely worried me.

Why was he so lacksadaisal tonight when clearly he is capable of way better than that ??

Walker's disposal is woeful at times....how many kicks grub in front of his targetted player and force that player into a contest...he isnt consistent enough with his delivery.
Play him forward and leave him there....

Reply #108
Plus Mitchell,  Heeney and that kid next year EB, they are setting up for a dynasty.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #109
I think the experiment of playing Walker and Simpson as defenders is well and truly over.  They are both too easily out bodied and lack the skill set of true defenders.

Both should be played as wingers/half forwards.

Our backline needs a couple of dour defenders, a bit like Laidler, or a defender with a bit of dash.  Malceski is out of contract  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
Sat there in the freezing bloody cold last night, wet 4rse and no feeling in my hands or feet.

Once upon a time the Carlton jersey stood for pride, some might say too much pride.
Once upon a time guys earned the right to put that navy blue jersey on, and fought for the right to keep it.

Even in "the dark days", more often than not our guys put in effort and gutsed it out. They stood up for one another and they went down fighting.
These guys lack heart, they lack effort and they lack pride in playing for the navy blue. They need to stand up and have a crack, show some pride and show that they know how fortunate they are to one be playing football for a living, something most kids would give their right nut to do, and two that they know how lucky they are to be wearing such a hallowed guernsey.

The rubbish they dished up last night had nothing to do with anything except a lack of effort. In one passage of play the swans went from a kick in to our 50m line with 9 uncontested marks. How does that happen?

You can say what you want about coaches and off-field staff. Fine, lets get rid of the lot of them and bring in a whole new setup. It wont change a thing. Get some on field leadership, and get rid of the culture of entitlement and then we might see some results. (I acknowledge the fact that our captain is having a fair dinkum crack, but he just isn't able to bring the rest of the team with him).

Reply #111

He has been down right woeful all year in my opinion. Couldn't hit the side of a barn if he tried.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #112
I HAVE A COMPLAINT.

Can someone tell me why we have the absolute worst club website in the world.

The game has been over for about 16 hours. Mick gave a press conference after the game. I have been logging on to the CFC web site all day and the imbeciles that run it, still haven't posted it.

Is there somewhere else that I can watch it.

This isn't the first time that they have been so useless. The ones that mick gives in the morning a couple of days before a game, aren't put up until about 5.00 o'clock that afternoon around 8 hours after he's given the pressy at our ground for Gods sake. And those responsible for uploading stuff, can't get their act together and put the pressy up within at the very worst, an hour of Mick holding it.

That's pretty much the story of the whole club at the moment. >:( >:( >:(

Reply #113
SO, I just went to the AFL web site. Click on video and there is Mick sitting at the table. I click on play, and get the message that the video I want to watch is not currently available. WHY THE FK NOT??

All useless pr!!!cks. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #114
SO, I just went to the AFL web site. Click on video and there is Mick sitting at the table. I click on play, and get the message that the video I want to watch is not currently available. WHY THE FK NOT??

You're obviously referring to Mick's after match presser ? I just tried it now, and it works fine here.

Reply #115

You're obviously referring to Mick's after match presser ? I just tried it now, and it works fine here.
Thanks, I'll try again. :D

Reply #116
Nup, won't play on the AFL site, I'll have a look at the CFC site and see if it's still up there. I also tried longmires but it didn't work either.

Reply #117
Finally, it's up on our beloved CFC web site.

Maybe they read this forum. Be great if they did. They can pass on our thoughts to Michael and Company. :-\ :-\

Reply #118
I think the experiment of playing Walker and Simpson as defenders is well and truly over.  They are both too easily out bodied and lack the skill set of true defenders.

Both should be played as wingers/half forwards.

Our backline needs a couple of dour defenders, a bit like Laidler, or a defender with a bit of dash.  Malceski is out of contract  ???

Been saying for years

Swans physically monstered us including our captain.

But our players are "good blokes"  so we keep them with new contracts ..

A totally lazy unaccountable club now.....

Reply #119
Nup, won't play on the AFL site, I'll have a look at the CFC site and see if it's still up there. I also tried longmires but it didn't work either.

The AFL site is very busy I suspect, very slow generally. Needs more capacity as it doesn't seem to handle peak times very well. The AFL app is also struggling.  I'm having no problem with the CFC site.
Reality always wins in the end.