Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V North - Pre game thread (Read 23117 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V North - Pre game thread

Reply #45
And its jambon et fromage... you peasant.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
And its jambon et fromage... you peasant.

Sheesh. Raw nerve much? Just an opinion mate no more.

I nearly got arrested in Paris, true story.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #47
Sorry, the only French I know is not fit to print so I went with that.   If it makes you feel better, I rate Florence or Rome over Paris but they are all great places to spend time in.

Reply #48
Gave Italy a miss mate (no surprises there!). Once again, no offence Paul P. :P

TBH I would like to go to Italy but I'm scared I won't e able to stop eating pizza!!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
I was nearly run over in Paris, true story.

However, @PaulP if you are a bit of a history buff, do a little research on the French Revolution. Paris is a place filled with so much colourful history. The Versailles Palace is also an amazing place to visit. And the Lourve is fantastic!

Have fun!!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #50
Promoting Wood and dropping Warnock is a good decision.

We are effectively a man down each week, particularly of late, with Warnock which you just simply cannot afford.

Good to see Nick Graham named on the wing, hopefully a full game for him with 20+ disposals of good quality. Some tackles, contested ball gets and handball receives would be handy too.

Reply #51
Call me depressing if you like, but I just can't shake this image of Petrie booting 10+ goals this week.

North are playing outstanding football at the moment and if they bring that sort of intensity and execution to the table against us, we're going to turn to water.

I want to be positive, I really do, I just can't see us even getting close in this one given the respective positions on the ladder. We're effectively jockeying for the best draft picks we can get now.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #52
Sorry, the only French I know is not fit to print so I went with that.   If it makes you feel better, I rate Florence or Rome over Paris but they are all great places to spend time in.

Vienna, Prague or Istanbul are better.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Everybody nearly gets run over in Paris...and Roma,  but they stopped for the missus in Roma...

Petrie won't be a factor...  Rowe will be impassable at CHB, standing like a beacon in a storm.....  clunking one grabbers while the packs collapse around him, keeping his feet and dishing off by hand to Touhy, Simmo and Yazz who zip it straight down the guts to Menzel and Henderson who get lacksadaisical after 3 quarter time as we're so far up....

Reply #54
I wonder how those who so despise Warnock will feel if Wood get's slaughtered at the weekend. Don't get me wrong because I'm rapt that Wood is getting a run, I'm not convinced however that Warnock is the root of our problems.

Warnock isn't a problem he is a "massive problem!"

Wood will be able to push forward and back to take marks, it something you might not have seen before! ;)

As for predicting our ruck getting slaughtered at the weekend by Goldstein, that's like predicting the Tatts numbers after the draw. Goldstein is the red hot ruckmen in the league at the moment and he is slaughtering everyone.

But Norp lack a bit of height in defense and if Wood pushes forward with blokes like Casboult, Hendo and Rowe stretching the Norp defense and forcing a guy like Petrie to flood back we could actually be in with a chance. But we have to make good use of the ball and find the mismatches. Don't be surprised that there is a late change with either Garlett or Waite coming in too, they are listed as emergencies which would be pointless if there was that prospect.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55

Istanbul meh.....

@nathbear

I'm the opposite I see our boys firing up for this one with the four milestones.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #56
Norf are treacle-like in defence but we haven't picked a side to exploit it.  Theya re not a great kicking side under pressure either.  So let's apply some!

Petrie marked well against Lake but other than that I thought it was close to Lake's worse game in many years... he lost concentration for periods of the game and let Petrie get position on him - something he rarely lets happen.

Rowe will go ok.  I'm more concerned about Goldstein and their inside mids.

Reply #57
Rowe will go ok.  I'm more concerned about Goldstein and their inside mids.

The return of Robbo with Bell in helps balance the likes of Ziebell and Swallow, they are not fast either.

Lets see if Norp are allowed to ride Judd like they have on previous occasions, now they have Gibbs and Murphy in good form to deal with.

Expect Ziebell to try and take one of them out, he is a prick of a human being!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58

Istanbul meh.....

@nathbear

I'm the opposite I see our boys firing up for this one with the four milestones.

I really hope you're right, I'd love to be proven wrong, I just don't think we're focused on winning games of football at the moment, especially ones we're quite justified in losing ;)... (please note, I did NOT suggest we are officially tanking then... just unofficially :P)
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #59
I have done this a few times this year and been wrong, but I am the eternal optimist.

We will win tonight.  I have not been this certain since a certain match against Richmond that we had not chance in according to the faithful.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson