Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #60
Brad Walsh...20 possies, 2 goals is a player I would be looking to promote as a small forward/rover.....goes hard does Walsh and does the team things.
Graham and Holman also appear to be maturing and should be looked at to be playing senior footy sooner than later.
Holman has been good in the past few games and can play a few roles...
Its time to be playing kids and working on who is going and who is staying for the future...

STATS FOR CARLTON-LISTED PLAYERS

Levi Casboult
Kicks: 5; Handballs: 6; Marks: 3; Tackles: 4; Goals: 0

Matthew Dick
Kicks: 11; Handballs: 4; Marks: 5; Tackles: 1; Goals: 0

Tom Fields
Kicks: 16; Handballs: 7; Marks: 5; Tackles: 3; Goals: 0

Jayden Foster
Kicks: 12; Handballs: 4; Marks: 6; Tackles: 0; Goals: 0

Billy Gowers
Kicks: 10; Handballs: 5; Marks: 4; Tackles: 2; Goals: 0

Nick Graham
Kicks: 17; Handballs: 5; Marks: 4; Tackles: 3; Goals: 3

Nick Holman
Kicks: 10; Handballs: 9; Marks: 4; Tackles: 5; Goals: 1

Blaine Johnson
Kicks: 12; Handballs: 5; Marks: 4; Tackles: 2; Goals: 2

Troy Menzel
Kicks: 6; Handballs: 2; Marks: 3; Tackles: 2; Goals: 2

Fraser Russell
Kicks: 2; Handballs: 0; Marks: 1; Tackles: 1; Goals: 0

Clem Smith
Kicks: 4; Handballs: 8; Marks: 0; Tackles: 3; Goals: 0

Jason Tutt
Kicks: 12; Handballs: 6; Marks: 6; Tackles: 0; Goals: 0

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Kicks: 4; Handballs: 4; Marks: 2; Tackles: 1; Goals: 1

Brad Walsh
Kicks: 12; Handballs: 8; Marks: 2; Tackles: 6; Goals: 2

Matthew Watson
Kicks: 8; Handballs: 6; Marks: 7; Tackles: 2; Goals: 1

Reply #61
Nothing to get exited about there!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
Wood was 2nd ruck Friday night, he kicked 2 goals! ;)

They can't play Levi, he is ripping the heart out of the side with every miss, soon Jones will follow suit and White might return or Foster could get a run.

He did, but Casboult would be alot better prospect than Warnock as a 2nd ruck. Who would you prefer? The 2 key forwards are there to kick goals. Besides, Casboult takes more marks than both put together.

With Hendo with a hammy, Foster having a good game I'd bring in him in, if Hendo doesn't come up, with Watson and Casboult dropping Jones and Warnock. Be a good week to do it.

Reply #63
St Kilda's reserves...

Guys, we saw their seniors last week.   They are crap, and our team had more afl talent in it than Sandringham.

There is nothing indicating that these guys will do well at afl level, but Graham has played well the last couple so should come up.

Frankly, I'd be playing anyone that had a crack in front of half our senior side.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #65
St Kilda's reserves...

Guys, we saw their seniors last week.   They are crap, and our team had more afl talent in it than Sandringham.

There is nothing indicating that these guys will do well at afl level, but Graham has played well the last couple so should come up.

Frankly, I'd be playing anyone that had a crack in front of half our senior side.

That where you get elevated from, your reserves versus the opposition reserves. Using that theory no players in the VFL would ever get elevated. That's how near all VFL games are. St.Kilda's not exactly going to have Reiwoldt play for Sandringham.

Reply #66
2015 Peter Jackson VFL
Sandringham   4.1  6.3  9.7  12.18 (90)
Northern Blues   4.2  6.6  11.10  14.12 (96)

GOALS:
Sandringham: White 3 Brown 2 Zijai  Saunders  Saad  Cook  Minchington  Holmes  Dennis-Lane
Northern Blues: Graham 3 Walsh 2 Johnson 2 Menzel 2 Bransgrove  Watson  Wilson  Viojo  Holman

BEST:
Sandringham: Brown Minchington Wright Saad Holmes Lee
Northern Blues: Graham Johnson McGuinness Holman Walsh Johnston

No mention of Watson or Casboult.  :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #67
Has this been mentioned already ? Apparently a hamstring issue with menz

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/vfl-wrap-menzel-suffers-setback-as-blues-claim-upset-win-over-sandringham-20150503-1myzhx.html
He might play in the VFL next week, but there is no way he'll get promoted. He needs to be fit.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #68
Graham has to get the call up surely?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
That where you get elevated from, your reserves versus the opposition reserves. Using that theory no players in the VFL would ever get elevated. That's how near all VFL games are. St.Kilda's not exactly going to have Reiwoldt play for Sandringham.
I think you misunderstood something.

St Kilda in particular would have weaker reserves.

Geelong or box hill on the other hand have strong teams, always have and bar something extraordinary occurring always will.  Ditto Port Melbourne.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #70
@EB

I am very excited about Walsh. Hard at it leader in the Nathan Jones mould. Couldn't build a side around him but someone who will put in week in week out.

Reckon Tom Fields is a good player as well.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
I agree re Casboult having his spirit crushed. Works his butt off and has a cracking preseason, is super fit, and gets dropped for round 1 against the Tiges. Great message to send...not!

Excuse me for sounding a bit vague carrots... "Cracking preseason" how many goals does that equate to ?
I mean, just so I know for future reference.

Have an opinion bu all means... But spare us the fabrication to support your agenda.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #72
St Kilda's reserves...

In fact, Sandringham is a highly rated team and it was quite an upset for the NBs to come away with a win. 

As you say, anyone who had a crack in the VFL should be considered for to play against Brisbane.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
Almighty hanger from NB player Kieran McGuinness way deep in defence. Clean hands, stood on a big fellas shoulders, you'd go a long way to see a better mark than that. If only we had a defenders who backed themselves like that.

Reply #74
Excuse me for sounding a bit vague carrots... "Cracking preseason" how many goals does that equate to ?
I mean, just so I know for future reference.

Have an opinion bu all means... But spare us the fabrication to support your agenda.

Cracking preseason in the sense that he was as fit as he'd ever been mate. Last time I checked thats what having a cracking preseason meant. Question my opinion by all means but at least make sure you know what you're talking about. Cheers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!