Skip to main content
Topic: The Awful Truth - 2015 Edition (Read 20416 times) previous topic - next topic

The Awful Truth - 2015 Edition

This is the run home for all contenders (for pick 1 that is)

Carlton
Collingwood
Brisbane (away)
Melbourne
GWS (away)
Hawthorn

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Carlton
Adelaide (away)
Hawthorn (away)
Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast
Brisbane (away)
Richmond (away)
Essendon
Port
Sydney (away)

Gold Coast did us an enormous "favour" with their upset draw and will probably put themselves out of the running next week. Though a loss is likely to give them that last spot.

If it goes to plan though, then we'll most likely find ourselves on the same number of games as Brisbane the following week (don't be surprised by any omissions - expecting us to "manage" Cripps' young body and MK's fragile one myself) with a race to the lowest percentage from there - we'd need to out lose them by about 15-20 points per game probably less if they beat us by 5 or 6 goals.

I reckon Barker is in on this and is happy enough as long as there is effort. Not sure what the club has promised in return.

Re: The Awful Truth - 2015 Edition

Reply #1
This is the run home for all contenders (for pick 1 that is)

Carlton
Collingwood
Brisbane (away)
Melbourne
GWS (away)
Hawthorn

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Carlton
Adelaide (away)
Hawthorn (away)
Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast
Brisbane (away)
Richmond (away)
Essendon
Port
Sydney (away)

Gold Coast did us an enormous "favour" with their upset draw and will probably put themselves out of the running next week. Though a loss is likely to give them that last spot.

If it goes to plan though, then we'll most likely find ourselves on the same number of games as Brisbane the following week (don't be surprised by any omissions - expecting us to "manage" Cripps' young body and MK's fragile one myself) with a race to the lowest percentage from there - we'd need to out lose them by about 15-20 points per game probably less if they beat us by 5 or 6 goals.

I reckon Barker is in on this and is happy enough as long as there is effort. Not sure what the club has promised in return.
We will get pounded at least twice and could not start favourite in any of our games. I reckon we'll end up 2nd last.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
We will get pounded at least twice and could not start favourite in any of our games. I reckon we'll end up 2nd last.

Net result is Weitering to Carlton to replace Henderson given Brisbane will take Schache....

Reply #3
Net result is Weitering to Carlton to replace Henderson given Brisbane will take Schache....
Brisbane will be very likely to take Schache. F/S, 200 cm tall, kicks straight, what is there not to like?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Brisbane will be very likely to take Schache. F/S, 200 cm tall, kicks straight, what is there not to like?

Brisbane have just offered 750k a year for Charlie Dixon.....so they are covering their bases a bit, I actually dont mind the left footed McStay and reckon he is a
decent forward prospect...

Reply #5
Would love McStay if there was a way

Reply #6
Would love McStay if there was a way
If Brisbane are getting Dixon and Schache in, McStay may jus decide to look for greener fields. Ours are pretty green and the only competition is Liam Jones!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
If Brisbane are getting Dixon and Schache in, McStay may jus decide to look for greener fields. Ours are pretty green and the only competition is Liam Jones!

Best mates with Tom Boyd is McStay...reckon TB might get the Doggies to have a look at him...

Reply #8
Please Crash don't use the word Jones & competition in the same sentence , that's really rubbing it in lol

Reply #9

Gold Coast beat Brisbane, then the week after Brisbane beat us. That'd be the spoon.

Reply #10
Weitering is rock hard at the contest, he kicks the ball 70m, is mobile and clunks marks in extraordinary circumstances. Pretty much everything we lack in one package, we will probably ruin him as fast as is humanly possible.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
Weitering is rock hard at the contest, he kicks the ball 70m, is mobile and clunks marks in extraordinary circumstances. Pretty much everything we lack in one package, we will probably ruin him as fast as is humanly possible.
  ::) ::)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14

I reckon we're good thing to get Weitering. Brisbane will go the father/son with Schnache. If we finish bottom we can really put the heat on Hendo. If he wants to go Geelong pay big or we re-draft him through the PSD (it work that way still or can he make himself a delisted FA?). Think he's implicated he was keen on staying if Barker was coach