Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 45193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #90
Play Byrne on him and rile him up so Buddy does something stupid.

Byrne is 17cm shorter and 17kg lighter.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
Best approach for Buddy is to keep the ball away from him. Easier said than done of course.

Might be the best approach, ignore Buddy and load up on mids to ensure the ball stays forward of center around players that Franklin cannot easily run off.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
has anyone heard the term" team defence",we need everybody to get back and fill the gaps

Reply #93
has anyone heard the term" team defence",we need everybody to get back and fill the gaps

It's robbing Peter to pay Paul. If we do that against Sydney we cannot possible score enough to win, especially with reduced rotations.

Cookie is ultimately correct, the best plan is to keep the ball away from him, or at least make him head well up field to get hold of it. I think it's highly unlikely we can do much more than break even with Sydney's mids, so perhaps construct a scenario that forces Franklin onball.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #94
Might be the best approach, ignore Buddy and load up on mids to ensure the ball stays forward of center around players that Franklin cannot easily run off.

Isnt that the same thing??

I think we let Buddy do his thing, accept that he can kick goals, and give him space where he will have a harder time kicking them.  Ensure blokes like Tippet dont get off the leash, and try and get Buddy leading up the ground.  If you do that, we are halfway towards stopping him.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
Kennedy is a monster in comparison to Cripps. 

Not sure about this...

Kennedy 1.88m and 95kg

Cripps 1.9m and 89Kg (think he might be more)
\
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #96
Isnt that the same thing??

I think we let Buddy do his thing, accept that he can kick goals, and give him space where he will have a harder time kicking them.  Ensure blokes like Tippet dont get off the leash, and try and get Buddy leading up the ground.  If you do that, we are halfway towards stopping him.

No
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
Not sure about this...

Kennedy 1.88m and 95kg

\

Cripps 1.94 and a lot more than 89kg.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #98
If Everitt keeps his spot he'll get the job, he has speed and strength and if I recall he did OK previously on Buddy for a short period. Everitt might even have a point to prove in this regard!

Everitt is a poor defender (hence he was pulled out of defense and into our F50) and should not be allowed anywhere near our defensive 50.

Reply #99
Radical Plan:

Play Everitt 10 meters in front of the square and tell him not to move any further.
Casboult moves up the ground as the leading forward, dishing off when he takes it at half forward or wing.
Everitts man can either stay with him or back himself up the ground.
When the tsunami comes up the field, Everitt's man must retreat back, which means Everitt can either drop back further, or lead straight ahead and wrong foot the guy belting back.
Which ever way it works, the ball can end up in the hands of someone who kicks straight and can take a grab one on one.
He's not much chop in heavy traffic, can run and is OK in a 50/50.

Reply #100
Everitt is a poor defender (hence he was pulled out of defense and into our F50) and should not be allowed anywhere near our defensive 50.

Yet he is supposed to have played 27 of his last 28 games with Sydney off the HBF.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
Yet he is supposed to have played 27 of his last 28 games with Sydney off the HBF.

He did but as a running half back looking to attack.

The guy is a germophobe, he cannot be relied upon to mark another player closely.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
Not sure about this...

Kennedy 1.88m and 95kg

\

That 95kg on the Swans Kennedy might hurt a bit more when it connects than when Paddy Cripps runs into you...thats a chiselled hard upper body with big arms from memory and is a bash and crash unit.
Think our bloke is a bit more refined and likes to keep his arms high and use that look away handpass rather than smash his way to glory.....speaking of that look away...no one does it better IMO....its poetry to watch.

Reply #103
Not sure about this...

Kennedy 1.88m and 95kg

\

Cripps is taller at 1.94 but Kennedy is two axe handles wide across the shoulders.  He's had years of weight training and has clearly made the most of it.  I don't think anyone on our list has a physique like Kennedy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #104
Cripps is taller at 1.94 but Kennedy is two axe handles wide across the shoulders.  He's had years of weight training and has clearly made the most of it.  I don't think anyone on our list has a physique like Kennedy.

Maybe Sam Kerridge from what I have seen.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson