Skip to main content
Topic: Women's apparel (Read 3394 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Women's apparel

Reply #1
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-10/blues-unveil-aflw-apparel

Thumbs up.  :)

I like the look of the new Women's uniform....unlike the Filth who have upset Port. ::)

Ours looks alright, but some of them are pretty ugly. Adelaide's jumper is horrible, and GWS's looks like a training kit. I don't understand why most of them are different colours to the men. Almost all the teams colours are different shades than the mens (including ours). They make the jumpers look like cheap Dimmy's knock offs.

I'm just glad we didn't go down the path of Freo and include some irrelevant pink into the design, like it's 1950 and we have to differentiate from the boys with 'pink for girls'. It's kind of offensive.

Reply #2
Ours looks alright, but some of them are pretty ugly. Adelaide's jumper is horrible, and GWS's looks like a training kit. I don't understand why most of them are different colours to the men. Almost all the teams colours are different shades than the mens (including ours). They make the jumpers look like cheap Dimmy's knock offs.

I'm just glad we didn't go down the path of Freo and include some irrelevant pink into the design, like it's 1950 and we have to differentiate from the boys with 'pink for girls'. It's kind of offensive.
I wouldn't quite go that far, but I guess I am male.....
Seriously, I don't think adding pink to Freo makes it more relevant, it just makes things unnecessarily different.

Ours looks good, even with that little bar of lightish blue at the shoulders. It is a simple but powerful design, classy and classical in style. There is a slight difference in shade, but I guess that is for summer (???). That sort of thing has happened before. The advertising doesn't really help it, but I've stopped bothering to stress about that.

Collingwood: if they wanted to look like prison inmates so badly, why did they leave prison in the first place?
I do apologize, but the design needlessly changes their Guernsey to something that was designed to irritate Port Adelaide. It wasn't smart and will only cause the stereotype of Collingwood supporters to be perpetuated. Of course, if they want to be prison escapees with tattoos and missing teeth, that is their problem.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3

The pink for the girls thing is very cliche, but i don't mind it on the Freo jumper.
I think most clubs are trying something different so that the jumpers are distinguishable from the male counterparts, that way,they sell more.

I think most of the jumpers were designed by the girls themselves. I know ours had some input from one of them, Vescio or Arnell i think.

Going back to the pink thing...
I've long been a fan of changing our jumper for a good cause, and i think our jumper can easily be changed while staying obvious to a viewer as to who is wearing it courtesy of the CFC monogram. That is, the 'baby blue' jumper and the Lance Armstrong 'live strong yellow' were, IMO, a positive change. Yes the traditionalists were up in arms blah blah. Anywho....i think there should be an 'all pink womens / breast cancer awareness' jumper that we were once a year in womens round. 

I wouldn't want it for the womens team as i think they deserve to wear the navy blue, but i think pink has its place.

Reply #4
The pink for the girls thing is very cliche, but i don't mind it on the Freo jumper.
I think most clubs are trying something different so that the jumpers are distinguishable from the male counterparts, that way,they sell more.

I think most of the jumpers were designed by the girls themselves. I know ours had some input from one of them, Vescio or Arnell i think.

Going back to the pink thing...
I've long been a fan of changing our jumper for a good cause, and i think our jumper can easily be changed while staying obvious to a viewer as to who is wearing it courtesy of the CFC monogram. That is, the 'baby blue' jumper and the Lance Armstrong 'live strong yellow' were, IMO, a positive change. Yes the traditionalists were up in arms blah blah. Anywho....i think there should be an 'all pink womens / breast cancer awareness' jumper that we were once a year in womens round. 

I wouldn't want it for the womens team as i think they deserve to wear the navy blue, but i think pink has its place.

Definitely, for a once a year cause it would be great, and wouldn't mind if the women's team did the same too. Melbourne do it once a year and it's great.

Reply #5
I mucked around with the Carlton Logo on the 2016 jumper, made the main logo and the number on the back pink and left everything else as is.

Looked pretty good by my reckoning, and would make an ideal jumper for a special promo game.

I think MelbFC already has the all pink jumper for Women's round, we don't need to duplicate that. But we are lucky our White CFC logo and numbers can be made pretty much any light colour we like and it still looks OK without changing our identity.

If I knew how to share the image I would, if anyone wants a look I think I can send them a PM with the image attached.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
I mucked around with the Carlton Logo on the 2016 jumper, made the main logo and the number on the back pink and left everything else as is.

Looked pretty good by my reckoning, and would make an ideal jumper for a special promo game.

I think MelbFC already has the all pink jumper for Women's round, we don't need to duplicate that. But we are lucky our White CFC logo and numbers can be made pretty much any light colour we like and it still looks OK without changing our identity.

If I knew how to share the image I would, if anyone wants a look I think I can send them a PM with the image attached.

PM me and i'll try post it here.

I think Melbourne do NOT have an all pink jumper, but the part which is normally red, is now pink.

Reply #7
Here is a modified image that LP adapted.

* Original image can be found on the AFL site