Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 47661 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
The Tiggers looked ready to begin the season, we didn't, in fact we looked confused and underdone.

Martin aside they are not that great IMO....dont have them in the eight.....they did look fitter and looked to have some bigger bodies, Cripps and Charlie C looked very underdone...

Reply #16
Had a bad feeling as soon as I saw Weits up forward. They probably got half a dozen goals from our lack of composure in front of goals but I realize it's a 'rob Peter to pay Paul' situation as he ended up being out leading goal scorer despite being injured the first time he went near the ball.

Expect a bottom 4 finish ... and Carlton won't be far behind ????
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #17
Pretty ordinary game, and hard to see Richmond making finals. Our best were kruezer who was outstanding, Murphy played four quarters, docherty did OK later in the game, plowman looked good. Marxhbank is a fine mark, but his decision making will need to improve.

Cripps popping up in number 11 confused for a moment: high up in the Olympic stand its hard to make out. He is underdone and hopefully is OK after taking a couple of knocks.

Sadly we looked as disorganized as ever through the middle and across half forward. We don't have any obvious answers and playing weitering at chf is not sustainable for long. He is only 19!

Still, we kicked mostly straight which is nice. Armfields goal was as flukey as they get.

And pretending to be neutral, martin put on a clinic at times. Terrific game.

On to next week...

Reply #18
You're right, we might need a straight jacket..lol.

Was talking about kicking straight... :-[

STRAP yourself in.

Reply #19
Had a bad feeling as soon as I saw Weits up forward. They probably got half a dozen goals from our lack of composure in front of goals but I realize it's a 'rob Peter to pay Paul' situation as he ended up being out leading goal scorer despite being injured the first time he went near the ball.

Expect a bottom 4 finish ... and Carlton won't be far behind ????

That's probably true, but I don't want our best player banged up before he's out of nappies, just to make our losses look competitive.

Reply #20
Bolts said he was excited before the game.

Game turned out like a bad date
6 players that shouldn't be playing AFL seniors.
marchbank look good, see how the bank goes in april
mccredrie will improve and has some go in him as does pickett & sps
 E curnow gets worse every year, brother is a concern.

Best game out of kruzer for a while.

Long season ahead

Reply #21
Dunno, I was really disappointed with Docherty, looked fumbly, ran into trouble and kicked poorly.  His possessions had no hurt factor.  The smaller tiger forwards really hurt us, guys he was minding.  He seems to be lacking touch and confidence.

Gibbs and Murphy had "almost" games, they almost laid tackles, they almost intercepted, they almost retarded the player enough... but didn't.  Ultimately they didn't put any effective pressure on their mids or win enough clearances to stem the tide.   Thus, I thought they were essentially ineffective, especially in the first half when the game was on the line. Their ball use by hand was not good and sold guys into trouble.  Cripps also looked to be lacking touch, very badly.

Still can't understand why Martin ran around unfettered all night, surely a senior player like Gibbs would see what was happening and attempt to intervene?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #22
Weitering is bolts amex credit card
he will use it to pay the interest on debt either side of the ground

Reply #23
Fun fact to (potentially) cheer people up.

Damian Hardwick is the ONLY PERSON IN VFL/AFL HISTORY to have coached 150+ games and NOT won a final.  >:D

Reply #24
Was talking about kicking straight... :-[

STRAP yourself in.

I'm still thinking we might need the straight jacket as i'm sure they'll drive us crazy...lol.

Reply #25
Fun fact to (potentially) cheer people up.

Damian Hardwick is the ONLY PERSON IN VFL/AFL HISTORY to have coached 150+ games and NOT won a final.  >:D

I knew that already. But thanks for posting.

Reply #26
Bolts said he was excited before the game.

Game turned out like a bad date
6 players that shouldn't be playing AFL seniors.
marchbank look good, see how the bank goes in april
mccredrie will improve and has some go in him as does pickett & sps
 E curnow gets worse every year, brother is a concern.

Best game out of kruzer for a while.

Long season ahead

Always go well when he completely owns the no.1 ruck role. Get touches around the ground and hits the scoreboard. When he shares he struggles.

Reply #27
I knew that already. But thanks for posting.

Nothing like a reminder of something like that though..lol.

Reply #28
Dunno, I was really disappointed with Docherty, looked fumbly, ran into trouble and kicked poorly.  His possessions had no hurt factor.  The smaller tiger forwards really hurt us, guys he was minding.  He seems to be lacking touch and confidence.

Gibbs and Murphy had "almost" games, they almost laid tackles, they almost intercepted, they almost retarded the player enough... but didn't.  Ultimately they didn't put any effective pressure on their mids or win enough clearances to stem the tide.   Thus, I thought they were essentially ineffective, especially in the first half when the game was on the line. Their ball use by hand was not good and sold guys into trouble.  Cripps also looked to be lacking touch, very badly.

Still can't understand why Martin ran around unfettered all night, surely a senior player like Gibbs would see what was happening and attempt to intervene?

Docherty's tackle on Martin was symptomatic of his night IMO....lacked intent, he looked like he wanted soem easy kicks rather than a hard night...thought the Tiger small forwards killed us all night and both Docherty and Simpson need to defend better...
Martin probably had several players on him but none wanted to upset or play close to Dusty...we are very soft physically and dont have any players who can return fire, even Casboult looked apprehensive of Martin.
Its the same every season, we need to get a couple of nasty players who can serve some physical stuff back..
Murphy and Gibbs went ok but didnt impact..

Reply #29
Docherty's tackle on Martin was symptomatic of his night IMO....lacked intent, he looked like he wanted soem easy kicks rather than a hard night...thought the Tiger small forwards killed us all night and both Docherty and Simpson need to defend better...
Martin probably had several players on him but none wanted to upset or play close to Dusty...we are very soft physically and dont have any players who can return fire, even Casboult looked apprehensive of Martin.
Its the same every season, we need to get a couple of nasty players who can serve some physical stuff back..
Murphy and Gibbs went ok but didnt impact..

Someone should grab that arm during a fend off and rip it out of his socket.