Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 47682 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #270
Everything has just about been covered I reckon. For the life of me though, I don't get how players that reach this level can miss so many short handballs. I'm talking 2-3 metres. It's so damn frustrating as a fan. Time after time attacking opportunities come unstuck due to errrant hand passing.

The difference between elite players and the also-rans are that the elite players can execute well when under intense pressure. Most players go OK at training.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #271
I had a look over the replay last night and I've come to a couple of conclusions;

Firstly, it looks to me like we had a few blokes playing who were either not fit or carrying injuries, in Rnd 1 that is not a good sign! :o

Secondly, I suspect our pre-season tactic of not using the available bench rotations is bitting us on the ar5e! Our blokes looked buggered by Qtr time, and that was reflected in the skills.  :(

Finally, when you have such a young list, how the heck does not using the rotations help them with skills or experience? We should have had them on and off the pitch at every opportunity and micro-managing their development and education.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #272
I had a look over the replay last night and I've come to a couple of conclusions;

Firstly, it looks to me like we had a few blokes playing who were either not fit or carrying injuries, in Rnd 1 that is not a good sign! :o

Secondly, I suspect our pre-season tactic of not using the available bench rotations is bitting us on the ar5e! Our blokes looked buggered by Qtr time, and that was reflected in the skills.  :(

Finally, when you have such a young list, how the heck does not using the rotations help them with skills or experience? We should have had them on and off the pitch at every opportunity and micro-managing their development and education.

What works at the Dawks should work everywhere else shouldn't it? :o ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #273
What works at the Dawks should work everywhere else shouldn't it? :o ;)

Ahh yes, but the Dawks have a heap of experience surrounding a handful of kids, not the opposite! ::)
The Force Awakens!