Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 48708 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 1 Post Game Analysis: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #150
Does money colour peoples judgment of a player?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
Does money colour peoples judgment of a player?

If I am paying for a Rolex I dont want to be given a stick in the ground with a circle and told they both do the same job.......

Reply #152
9th game. Wow wish all of our 9 game players kick 2.2.
Gee whiz give the kid a break.
Apart from SPS last night, he is the only one that Always will bleed blue.
Thought Sam played very well and at one stoppage looked around and saw no one was manning Martin so he raced to him and curbed his influence. I thought it was great. Pity some of our seniors didn't take a leaf out of his book.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #153
He just has to walk on the field to get best player votes here. If Daisy played the same game as Jack did last night there would still be calls to drop him.

I'm happier with Daisy in the team but I know that I'm in a minority.
I gave Jack a vote last night, 2 goals and two near misses and he hit Weitering on the chest for another one, a fair night's work for a green as grass kid in a side that had its pants pulled down.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #154
Jack's doing OK AFAIC.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #155
Was very impressed with Jack last night. His defensive running when they have the ball has really improved since last year, watched him run hard past more senior teammates to get to his defensive position after a turnover even when he was knackered. Also showed class in traffic a couple of times that was impressive, a sidestep and lace out pass to Weitering was a highlight. This kid is showing signs in his 9th game of senior footy that he is going to be a real player. Let's re-start this discussion in his fiftieth game....

Reply #156
The problem I'm seeing here is that some folk are looking at last nights game and thinking....
"That's it! That's as good as it gets for 2017. That's just about our best possible side."

but....
Inexperienced players will develop as the season progresses.
There will be a development in terms of combining as a team. That was the first game together for many under match pressure conditions.

On all lines (forward, mid, back) players will start to work out each others limitations and strengths and play to them.

Our starting 22 last night wont be our starting 22 at the end of the year.

Bolton will learn a lot too.

Actually on reflection, there were aspects of last night that suggested that we finally have the framework/skeleton of a decent side with the forward line looking much better...and a few youngsters showing a bit back.
Now to put some flesh on i!

...and on the other side of the coin...

...and then we get some injuries.

Reply #157
Silvagni finds space and is a natural footballer. Who cares if he isn't fast or tall. Last night he took 5 marks inside 50. I don't know the last time that would have been achieved by one of our players, let alone team. If he continues to contribute he holds his spot, one of our more promising young players.

It's his second season, probably less than 20 games ffs and he has done one pre season.

Some people here would whinge if a dog crap in their lunch. Get a grip

Reply #158
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-03-24/top-5-stats-round-1

Sam Petrevski-Seton
Game–high 23 pressure acts

Prized recruit Sam Petrevski-Seton wasn’t overawed by the occasion, displaying calmness and poise. The No.6 draft pick started with a bang, gathering six disposals and earning a free for a fierce tackle in the first term. But he wasn’t done there, being a constant threat to the Tigers to finish with a game-high 23 pressure acts and team-high seven tackles.

Jack Silvagni
Game-high 4 marks inside 50

Carlton played three teenagers in their forward line, with Jack Silvagni one of them. The Blues’ new No.1 was a constant danger to Richmond’s defence, finishing with two goals and an equal game-high four marks inside 50. He wasn’t awarded an impressive pack mark in the second half, with video replays later confirming that the umpires had made an incorrect decision.

Reply #159
...and on the other side of the coin...

...and then we get some injuries.

Some posts are diamonds.
Some posts are stones. :D

I'll talk them up...you talk them down and the reality will be somewhere in the middle ;)

Reply #160
Silvagni finds space and is a natural footballer. Who cares if he isn't fast or tall. Last night he took 5 marks inside 50. I don't know the last time that would have been achieved by one of our players, let alone team. If he continues to contribute he holds his spot, one of our more promising young players.

It's his second season, probably less than 20 games ffs and he has done one pre season.

Some people here would whinge if a dog crap in their lunch.
Get a grip

I would certainly whinge if a dog crapped in my lunch.

Reply #161
Yeah ... I'm gonna be something of a wet blanket and say I don't share the fervour everyone else seems to have for SOSOS, or TWOTT as I call him (The Worst Of The Three). Hopefully he proves me wrong in the coming years but, what's he got that's special/different?  I mean, is he super fast? ...brilliant overhead? ... electrifying goal sneak a la EB? Granted, his mum's still hot but I'm really hoping he doesn't become yet another Coodabeen Carlton Champion.

Worst of the three in that family might not necessarily be indicative of anything given how brilliant the other two were. If he's even close he'll be a star.

IMO, I think he will turn out really good. He just looks a player.

Reply #162
IMO, I think he will turn out really good. He just looks a player.

Yep, a natural born footballer.
Ironically if he wasn't the son of a club legend we probably would have walked past him, too slow, not overly big, can't kick it out of sight, no obvious weapons.
We were virtually forced to draft him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #163
Impressed by the way jack tried to milk a 50 m penalty with one of his early marks - Richmond player bumped him and jack had the nouse to drop the ball - however no dice

Reply #164
Bleeds naviest of blues