Skip to main content
Topic: Ben Cousins Jailed (Read 13824 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ben Cousins Jailed

Reply #1
Only way he will stop and possibly not even then. Last chance for Ben.

Reply #2
Up until now, I don't think he's wanted badly enough to get sorted, because I don't think he really sees it as a problem. He's had plenty of support, and after x number of run ins with the law, you think the penny would drop.

The spark needs to come from him.

Reply #3
Unfortunately you reap what you sow.
So sick of the constant weekly tabloid headlines about the falling star ..  blah blah blah !!!
Hope he's brave enough to get off the junk and get his sh1t together.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #4
Two deaths in one day. first The Sheik, and now BigJack.

Reply #5
Up until now, I don't think he's wanted badly enough to get sorted, because I don't think he really sees it as a problem. He's had plenty of support, and after x number of run ins with the law, you think the penny would drop.

The spark needs to come from him.

You're right Paul. Responsibility taking is the first step in drug rehabilitation. Cousins was in the media about 2 weeks ago, shrugging off suggestions he had a problem. If he's on sh#t like methamphetamine, it's the rule of thirds. A third get off, a third stop-relapse..., a third don't get off it. Not uncommon to suffer heart attacks, which can be fatal.
Here's hoping he gets the help and has enough social supports to get sorted. Feel for his son :'(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #6
Sad thing is that he'll probably be able to get his hands on more 'gear' in prison than on the streets.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Sad thing is that he'll probably be able to get his hands on more 'gear' in prison than on the streets.

Yep, will mix with the same blokes who got him started on the stuff but my guess is he will get moved to somewhere
a bit more cosy if he messes up early in jail..
Lets hope he gets treatment and comes out better but I doubt it given his weak mindset and the damage his brain has received....
Keep thinking about his parents and picturing myself in their place....what a nightmare to endure and suffer seeing your son destroy himself and initiated by
hard core crims who are still profiting...

Reply #8
Yep, will mix with the same blokes who got him started on the stuff but my guess is he will get moved to somewhere
a bit more cosy if he messes up early in jail..
Lets hope he gets treatment and comes out better but I doubt it given his weak mindset and the damage his brain has received....
Keep thinking about his parents and picturing myself in their place....what a nightmare to endure and suffer seeing your son destroy himself and initiated by
hard core crims who are still profiting...

It's a tragedy for his family, particularly as they worked so hard to help him.  I remember reading his father's account of life with Ben a couple of years ago.  It certainly makes you grateful that your kids aren't like that.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
TBH, i'm a bit over the whole cousins thing.

He doesn't want to quit...and continues to be a dick and is making life horrible to those around him.

Lock him up and hope he gets some perspective back. Stop playing it as 'poor Ben'. He made his bed....so stuff him.

Reply #10

He doesn't want to quit...and continues to be a dick and is making life horrible to those around him.

Lock him up and hope he gets some perspective back. Stop playing it as 'poor Ben'. He made his bed....so stuff him.
Agree, I just feel for his Mum, Dad and sibling(s).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
This really should stop being news.

It feeds his public profile somewhat and keeps him infamous.

He hasn't kicked a ball in years and this is in the realm of gossip now.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
This really should stop being news.

It feeds his public profile somewhat and keeps him infamous.

He hasn't kicked a ball in years and this is in the realm of gossip now.

Bring in the censor?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13

Mate, I know it seems like that, but you do not understand the illness of addiction. Saying he doesn't want to quit drugs is like saying to someone with asthma that they should just take a deep breath to breathe properly. This is the battle of those of us who work in this area, trying to help people understand that mental illness is the same as a physiological illness... just the brain, not lungs, or pancreas, or kidneys...

Addiction is right there with depression, anxiety... bla bla bla. Maybe if I put it this way... when the ticker plays up, we get pain and numbness... when the lungs play up we get shortness of breath, when the intestines play up we get digestive issues... get the gist? Well, the brain is just another organ in our bod, and when it plays up, when it's chemical balance is disrupted, when its synapses are broken, we get... serious behavior /  personality issues.

Addiction is an actual illness. It takes over the sufferers brain. He's not making a choice to be a d1ckhead, his illness is controlling his choices, though, there comes a time when the person has to say, 'I want to fight this illness', which means they have to admit they have it... and when it comes to mental illness we all find it hard to admit such a thing due to social stigma. We've a long way to go re social stigma. E.g. got cancer (physical illness)... oh, sh1t you poor bugger... got depression (mental illness), very, very different story (re response).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
^
Well explained Baggers!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball