Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 77706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #240
Richmond supporters were very good giving it out after round one.... Ps they were very average to my 8 year old son on the way out that day not much sympathy here. Ps they might tell kb to Paul it in and they would have less ammo aimed at them.

Reply #241
Yeah fk the Tigers supporters, I hopped on a tram from Hawthorn and it was full of them, all making smart a55 comments about Carlton and this old fogie telling the story about Laurie Fowler decking Big Nic to anyone that would listen. They weren't showing too much compassion when they were scoring goals from soft 50m penalties. Fk 'em, cop it sweet, I remember we lost our first final in years up in Brisbane after giving away a 5 goal lead. Tough titties.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #242
Watched the replay again  (is 4 times too many?) 8).  Can anyone explain the following examples of blatant biased umpiring?
* Waite gets Rance dead to rights - textbook dropping/holding the ball = no free (umpires explanation was that Rance had "attempted" to kick it. Awesome, next time we kick a point will he pay it a goal because we "attempted" to kick one??)
*Seconds later, Waite gets Tuck in a tackle who drops the ball = no free
* Waite walking to his mark to kick for goal, Riewoldt bumps into him = no 50 (even Dimma thought it was 50 coz the replay shows him slap his hands in disgust).
* Murphy gets free kick in the middle, Tiges player looks at the ump and then passes the ball to his teammate 5 metres away instead of straight back to Murphy. Even the commentators call it a 50m penalty = no 50.
* 4th qtr, Murphy lays an awesome tackle on Big Ivan (thought some said Murphy can't and won't tackle??). Stops him dead, traps the arms, spins him around almost full circle and Ivan eventually just drops the ball. Yet another text-book dropping/holding the ball = no free kick

Seriously, the non-calls were just as bad as the ticky-touchwood ones they paid the other way.
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #243
* 4th qtr, Murphy lays an awesome tackle on Big Ivan (thought some said Murphy can't and won't tackle??).

Sort of makes you wonder WTF he's been doing all year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #244
Have just started to realize how traumatic yesterdays loss is to Richmond supporters. I copied and pasted the link of that Hitler/Richmond beatup and sent to my BIL. Only to receive a message from my sister asking me to show some compassion, apparently he's been copping it all day, hasn't spoken a word since yesterday. Nephews have apparently also copped it at school today. Time to show some mercy I think,

Tell him to harden up... they all got ahead of themselves last week, KB carried on like a pork chop, they put an ad on tv, and wtf was going on with those Richmond drummers on the ground pre game?

Never anger the footy gods, they will strike you down. They were in a particularly vengeful mood on the weekend.

Reply #245
Zed, it all comes down to whether the player with the ball had a prior opportunity.  If not, then no free kick is paid if he makes a genuine attempt to dispose of it legally. 

With the Waite/Rance one, the umpire's comment that he made an attempt means the umpire thought Rance had no prior opportunity.  Umpires can't be expected to deliver full reasons in the manner of judges.  They use key words.
That said, I reckon the umpire got that one wrong.  Rance tried to break the tackle when he was held by the wrist and took a couple of steps instead of immediately kicking.  But it was debatable.

Reply #246
Zed, it all comes down to whether the player with the ball had a prior opportunity.  If not, then no free kick is paid if he makes a genuine attempt to dispose of it legally. 

With the Waite/Rance one, the umpire's comment that he made an attempt means the umpire thought Rance had no prior opportunity.  Umpires can't be expected to deliver full reasons in the manner of judges.  They use key words.
That said, I reckon the umpire got that one wrong.  Rance tried to break the tackle when he was held by the wrist and took a couple of steps instead of immediately kicking.  But it was debatable.
I understand what you're saying Mav. I believe I have a fair understanding of the rule and the interpretation.  All three HTB calls I mentioned had prior opportunity & failed to dispose of it.
As you say, Rance had ample time to dispose of it correctly but dropped it. Gone!
Tuck had taken at least 4-5 running paces and was looking to the middle of the ground when he was run down by Waite and dropped it. Gone!
Crazy-eye Maric actually tried to fend off Murphy and was then wrapped up and eventually dropped it. Gone!

Consistency is all I want. Yeah I know... "tell him he's dreaming"  O:-)
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #247
Time to show some mercy I think,

Until the likes of KB, his lap dog Darcy, and BT start to pull their head in they are in for it I am afraid.

Tough gig, but when you pump up your tyres too much you are bound to get a blow out now and then!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #248
I'm surprised that umpires aren't harsher on fend offs.  If you choose to commit an arm to fending off rather than trying to keep it free to handball or handballing immediately, I reckon you've had your prior opp.  If you don't get the ball to foot, then the whistle should blow.  The obvious risk to attempting the fend off is that your arm will be held and handballling will become impossible.

Reply #249
@Zed

I have to say that we picked up a distinct Tiger bias in at least the first half - I think at one stage they'd had twice as many frees as we'd had (13 to 6 I believe). We were half joking that the AFL didn't really want us in the finals but had no choice, and so were giving us the early exit!  ;)

I know there were several occasions when it looked like we'd caught the Tiger player red hot holding the ball yet no free was given, especially near our goal.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #250
I'm surprised that umpires aren't harsher on fend offs.  If you choose to commit an arm to fending off rather than trying to keep it free to handball or handball immediately, I reckon you've had your prior opp.  If you don't get the ball to foot, then the whistle should blow.  The obvious risk to attempting the fend off is that your arm still be held and handballling will become impossible.

They are just poor decisions not rewarding the tackler, did they pay any incorrect disposals at all at the weekend.

The Waite one was just ridiculous, the umpires voice can be heard stating something like,

"He tried to kick it!"

Since when does a failed attempt constitute a legitimate disposal?

There are some rumors floating around that this change in "Emphasis" is a direct result of Freo's and Sydney's game plans! They are not going to punish the bloke getting the ball if opposition clubs stand off and let their opponents take it first!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #251
@Zed

I have to say that we picked up a distinct Tiger bias in at least the first half - I think at one stage they'd had twice as many frees as we'd had (13 to 6 I believe). We were half joking that the AFL didn't really want us in the finals but had no choice, and so were giving us the early exit!  ;)

I know there were several occasions when it looked like we'd caught the Tiger player red hot holding the ball yet no free was given, especially near our goal.
Just heard Vlad say that the results on the weekend will cost the AFL seven figure hit to the budget.  So they definitely were hoping for Pies & Tigers getting through  :-\
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #252
LP, see previous discussion regarding the umpire's comment meaning that he thought, rightly or wrongly, that Rance had no prior opportunity.

Reply #253
@Zed

Just heard Vlad say that the results on the weekend will cost the AFL seven figure hit to the budget.  So they definitely were hoping for Pies & Tigers getting through  :-\

AHA!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #254
@Zed

The problem Was Simpson got done cold and it was paid (i think Newman). No problem with the decision, but to not pay Waite at the other end was bewildering.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset