Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 10: Post Game Insanity: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 14133 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 10: Post Game Insanity: Carlton vs Geelong

Enjoy! Do your best, do your worst, get it all out; this is the place.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 10: Post Game Insanity: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
We showed plenty. If only someone could teach us how to play the modern game. We're certainly hard enough at it.

It was a game we were good enough to win but couldn't score to save ourselves. We just have no idea how to move a ball. I'm sure our education is the from the old black and white TV era.

Reply #2
Our MC really lacks innovation and flair, players delivered some effort tonight, some poor execution will be the focus of the coaches.

But that poor execution is also the coaches responsibility.

I thought McKay got in the way quite a bit tonight, of the three KPFs I'd give him a rest and leave Charlie and Kerr to work together for a week or two. Harry is physically not much value for his size, he chook ran a bit tonight, and brought defenders to one on one marking contests.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Our MC really lacks innovation and flair, players delivered some effort tonight, some poor execution will be the focus of the coaches.

But that poor execution is also the coaches responsibility.

There's a bit there that coaches responsibility. We literally have no clue how to play modern footy.

Reply #4
 We lack polish, smarts and...a Dangerfield.  Otherwise we win.

Reply #5
Enjoyed watching that mostly-  aside from the constant sooking of the Cats players, but I suppose they have learnt from their coach.

I thought we played really well and there are glimpses of the future looking bright there but we still can’t maintain that fire we show at times.

I thought it was pretty good on a wet night in a hostile environment.

Reply #6
Outclassed in the finish by a very ordinary Geelong outfit, some good signs from the youngsters again but some of our older blokes are dead set hacks.
We'll have a decent midfield in a year or two and our back six isn't a problem but we just can't score.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Outclassed in the finish by a very ordinary Geelong outfit, some good signs from the youngsters again but some of our older blokes are dead set hacks.
We'll have a decent midfield in a year or two and our back six isn't a problem but we just can't score.

Our forwards just get confused at what happens up the ground. Then it comes in so slowly they get lost in the congestion.

It's the type of game where we missed Levi alot taking a contested mark amongst all that congestion that was this game. Too much for the kids at this stage. If we knew how to even remotely run and carrying then it would be less of an issue for the young blokes.

Reply #8

Yes I think that is the word! They just had more class and poise than us, even though they are not a great team.  We had good opportunities to put on scoreboard pressure but failed to do that - too much inexperience and not enough nous coupled with some poor skills execution. Anyway, a gutsy effort in hostile territory which made up a smidge for last week's dismal effort. On to Sydney.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9

Yep agree with all this.

As much as I want to get games in kerr and McKay they are both just too raw to play In the same part of the ground.

I mean the oldest key forward we have at the moment is Charlie and he is also still a kid as well.

Missing Casboults presence and someone who can crash a pack and give defenders that float in front of our kids some hurt.

Reply #10
I would dead set give Cripps the rest of the year off on triple pay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Cripps and Ed Curnow lacked support and we ran out of numbers....the Geelong second tier mids in Duncan and Menegola stepped up at the crunch time and our main man Cripps was exhausted. Bit hard to fathom why Graham didnt play IMO in those conditions.....

We lack two crumbing types who can kick cheap goals, Wright is handy but not quick enough to make something out of not much...

Bit unfair the Cats get players like Stewart and Henry from local leagues for nothing........

Reply #12
That Cunningham goal in the third had me out of my seat, great goal and movement

Thought SPS, Dow and Fisher were great tonight

Overall it was great to watch and we look forward to the return of Murphy, Pickett, Williamson and Docherty to add some pace and class.

Reply #13
I would dead set give Cripps the rest of the year off on triple pay.

This is a worry - Cripps is beginning to look very beat up. As we have oft said - he needs help!

Reply #14
That Cunningham goal in the third had me out of my seat, great goal and movement

Thought SPS, Dow and Fisher were great tonight

Overall it was great to watch and we look forward to the return of Murphy, Pickett, Williamson and Docherty to add some pace and class.

Yes, best I can recall seeing Dow play and SPS has started to look like the goods, improved effort tonight for sure.