Skip to main content
Topic: Lauren Arnell Departs (Read 2924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lauren Arnell Departs

Reply #1
I read that and thought, gee i hope we can keep her as an assistant coach.

...then i read the article, she has been traded! :o

I hope we've got a plan on how to fix our midfield this season.

Reply #2
Mens, womens and NB's

Reply #3
I read that and thought, gee i hope we can keep her as an assistant coach.

...then i read the article, she has been traded! :o

I hope we've got a plan on how to fix our midfield this season.
I was thinking similarly. I think Lauren is struggling on the field, but I really wanted us to keep her in an off-field capacity. I guess she sees things differently.
Not quite sure how that fits with her full time job as a school teacher. But, who knows?
Good luck, Loz. Against anyone but us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Just two years ago Lauren was the corporate face of Carlton AFLW and one of the midfield's prime movers!

For many this will just be another sign of rot, some questions need to go Half's way!

I hope the club proves the haters wrong! But older fans must be getting a very bad feeling about some of this stuff, they have lived through strings of events like this before!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Just two years ago Lauren was the corporate face of Carlton AFLW and one of the midfield's prime movers!

For many this will just be another sign of rot, some questions need to go Half's way!

I hope the club proves the haters wrong! But older fans must be getting a very bad feeling about some of this stuff, they have lived through strings of events like this before!

Arnell was pretty ineffective this year, she looked very slow and I imagine she would be a depth player only at Brisbane.

Vescio and Davey we’re the clubs priorities and they got them both locked away. Suggest the fans you speak of should take a look at some of the positives.

Reply #6
With all due respect, shes what 32? 

She has had an ordinary season as we have, and has been a good servant of the club.  Sometimes its just simply a matter of moving on with no real bad blood, and both parties seeking a renewal of sorts.  Lauren is going to Brisbane to have a stab at an AFLW flag, and we are going younger, which is what we should do given where we ended up on the ladder.

There are no guarantees in life as there are in football.  Ask Deledio about leaving Richmond to win a flag, and have a look at what his departure did.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Arnell was pretty ineffective this year, she looked very slow and I imagine she would be a depth player only at Brisbane.

Vescio and Davey we’re the clubs priorities and they got them both locked away. Suggest the fans you speak of should take a look at some of the positives.

Agree!

We have picks 3, 16, 27, 38, 40, 48 and 49 in this year’s AFLW draft and should be able to address our midfield issues and lack of depth.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
btw., Congrats to Lauren Arnell for being named Port Adelaide inaugural AFLW coach.
The Force Awakens!