Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 20975 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

We play a team below us who have looked more than ordinary. That should be good. But do we have enough fit guys to do the job?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
Settlefield, Kennedy and Charley IN

Outs - ??

Reply #2

Outs - ??

Newman and Simpson?......Kennedy was average in the twos vs suburban mugs so dont see how he gets a game.
Williamson and Stocker were our best in the NB's and you would expect Setterfield and Charlie to be automatics if fit...like to see Williamson play as he is one of my favs and
a player we need in the team IMO to improve us in a few area's.

Reply #3
I'm not sure that Setterfield  is ready yet: his fitness is an issue.
I can't see Simmo coming up. Stocker? Williamson?
Kennedy is a question. I like to have him get a go, but his form hasn't really set the world on fire.
Kreuzer is the big question. He's been really good before he runs out of juice. He is up against a guy who usually plays well against him. But can we afford to bring in Phillips or Lobbe?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Setterfield is ready, he'll come straight back in. C Curnow will come in if fit, but that is a big if. Williamson will probably have to come in if both Simpson and Newman are unavailable, even though he's probably not ready yet. Big question is Kreuzer, read somewhere that his problem is a hamstring, if he doesn't come up we'll have to play Phillips or Lobbe, and that is a big loss

Reply #5
North will be up for this game, they smell a win.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6

Outs - ??

Tough round for selection as if Kreuzer is out we’ll have up to 5 changes.

Setterfield, Currnow,  Williamson and Stocker In
LOB, plowman, Simpson and Newman Out

Reply #7
I'd definitely give Stocker a run ... if only to see how he performs in the big league

Reply #8
North will be up for this game, they smell a win.

Yes, it's the same story in AFL and VFL, teams that are prepared to be brutal get hold of Carlton because our balance of introvert / extrovert is wrong.

It's not about who is or was captain, that's a smokescreen, it's about having players of a certain type, a player like Sicily or Roughead at the weekend. A player who didn't really do much, probably an average game, but he gets votes against us because they are prepared to do the brutal stuff, the dog acts needed to win!

Last night on Footy Classified the clown trio made Norp the big issue, questioned The Pudding Face Twins coaching ability. Lloyd publicly asked if Norp would either change or return to their brutal best. He knows what betters our club, and was happy to pose those questions of our pending opponent in the most public way. The three clowns tried to get Judd to buy in and criticise Scott and Norp but he wouldn't, because despite being brutal at the contest Judd is basically passive and honest, and he knows what would be our least desirable outcome. I don't really blame Lloyd, he is indoctrinated by Sheedy who's philosophy was simple. Whatever team Sheedy coached had two opponents every week, one they played against ........... and Carlton! As Carlton fans we are living through a generation of AFL media and administration dominated by the legacy members of the Sheedy indoctrination era, the Martians are not coming, they are here already!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Sounds like an abductor injury for Kreuzer which would definitely rule him out. If Charlie gets up, could we look at rucking Casboult with Harry as backup instead of bringing Lobbe or Phillips in?

Stocker, Williamson and Kennedy in for mine with Simpson/Newman out if injured and probably O'Brien as well? Plowman probably only saved if Simpson and Newman are both outs. His form on the weekend was diabolical....got lots of the ball but turned it over way too often for an experienced bloke.

Reply #10
Sounds like an abductor injury for Kreuzer which would definitely rule him out. If Charlie gets up, could we look at rucking Casboult with Harry as backup instead of bringing Lobbe or Phillips in?

Stocker, Williamson and Kennedy in for mine with Simpson/Newman out if injured and probably O'Brien as well? Plowman probably only saved if Simpson and Newman are both outs. His form on the weekend was diabolical....got lots of the ball but turned it over way too often for an experienced bloke.

Use Jones (and to a lesser degree big H up forward) in the ruck. But ithink Phillips must play.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11

Geez, I hope not, that has PCL tragedy written all over it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

Dont like Casboult vs Goldstein, if North are any good its in the middle with Cunnington, Higgins, Ziebell, dont need them getting an easy ride, think I would play Philips..

Reply #13
Dont like Casboult vs Goldstein, if North are any good its in the middle with Cunnington, Higgins, Ziebell, dont need them getting an easy ride, think I would play Philips..

You watch those dogs Ziebell and Cunnington go to work on the likes of Fisher and SPS this week. They'll ignore Cripps and beat the hell out of the receivers because the kids are soft targets.

The ruckmen might not make much difference if they are the spectating type! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
You watch those dogs Ziebell and Cunnington go to work on the likes of Fisher and SPS this week. They'll ignore Cripps and beat the hell out of the receivers because the kids are soft targets.

The ruckmen might not make much difference if they are the spectating type! ;)

I think Fisher and SPS can well look after themselves - LOB, Dow and Walsh different stories....

Setterfield should come straight back in - he's a big unit!
Finals, then 4 in a row!