Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2021 Votes (Read 5771 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW Votes - R8 vs Gold Coast

Reply #60
3 - Vescio
2 - Moody
1 - Harrington

At least 8 or 9 others deserved votes, including Loynes, Plane, Prespakis, Brazzale, Laloifi, Gee, McEvoy and Stevens.
Just on this, Prespakis only had 11 touches. There was 11 girls in a navy blue jumper that had more than her. That is unheard of and she still contributed, but was nowhere near the bests IMO. Point being, so many girls were deserving of votes and its the best team performance we've ever had.....and the highest score ever in AFLW. Coincidence? I think not.

Reply #61
3 - Vescio
2 - Harrington
1 - Moody

SM to 3 veteran Creekers:
Loynes - best game for the season with the benefit of considerably more time in the midfield
Brazzale - room to run and kick the cover off the ball
Downie - has definitely earned her place since being moved to the tall defensive role - not a lot of possessions but rarely beaten in the air and has significantly contributed to Harrington's increased output.

Reply #62
3 Vescio
2 Moody
1 Harrington

HM McEvoy, Stevens, Laloifi
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #63
There is only one certainty: Vescio deserves the 3 votes.
We had a lot of strong contributions and most of the girls deserved a mention.

Votes:
[3] Darcy Vescio: Darcy was rewarded for a change, and really played well. Her kicking for goal appears to have lost the yips she's been suffering for a while.
[2] Breeann Moody: After half time she totally dominated and allowed our mids to get 1st use of the ball. Her own disposal is still a work in progress, but she was fantastic.
[1] Kerryn Harrington: her form in the last few weeks has returned to the sort of thing we saw last year.

Honourable Mention:
Elise O'Dea: very solid.
Nat Plane: excellent game.
Katie Loynes: what a player she is!
Grace Egan: Very solid.
Lauren Brazzale: One of her best efforts.
Gab Pound: Gee, we missed her in the first couple of weeks!
Georgie Gee: Fantastic early, but she dropped out of the game somewhat when we got on top.
Ali Downie: Did a great job in defence.
Live Long and Prosper!

AFLW - Votes R9 vs Giants

Reply #64
It was a dead rubber but our girls still put in.

Who deserves the last votes of the year?

Re: AFLW - Votes R9 vs Giants

Reply #65
3 Prespakis
2 Loynes
1 Harrington

BTW - Next season it would be good to have the same voting system as we have for the AFL team - gotta have equality.

Reply #66
3: Prespakis
2: Vescio
1: Harrington

@RR....the only reason we don't have that voting system is because i can't be bothered doing it. Its more involved.

If you want to input the data and spit out the results, you are welcome too.

Reply #67
3 - Prespakis
2 - Vescio
1 - Loynes
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #68
Team C

3 Loynes
2 Prespakis
1 Moody
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
3: Prespakis
2: Vescio
1: Harrington

@RR....the only reason we don't have that voting system is because i can't be bothered doing it. Its more involved.

If you want to input the data and spit out the results, you are welcome too.

How about simply 5,4,3,2,1 - I always struggle to limit my votes to 3 players when Prespakis is nearly always one of them.

Reply #70
How about simply 5,4,3,2,1 - I always struggle to limit my votes to 3 players when Prespakis is nearly always one of them.
Its a little bit more work, but could be possible.

Remind me before the start of the next AFLW season and i'll get some input on it from others.

Reply #71

I'd prefer that system - it's the way I vote for the Jim Park award - but I don't want to make more work.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #72
3. Prespakis

2. Harrington

1.Loynes
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #73
any other voters??

Re: AFLW 2021 Votes

Reply #74
OK, so votes have been tallied, and i've deliberately kept them 'in camera' this year.

Before the reveal, i'd like to see who people think we be the top 3 (or top 5).

I'll give it a few days, maybe til the weekend before i'll post the full results.

So what have you got?