Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2021 trade and draft period - DRAFT NIGHT (Read 7013 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2021 trade and draft period

Reply #15
Tell her to sack her manager and come back to the fold, it's the face saving way out of this mess!
Thats if the club want her back.

Reply #16
Thats if the club want her back.
Yes I get that.

It's a pity because I like her style of footy, but it seems the AFLW do not, and as we have debated I don't like it that much that I'd pay that price!

It probably is a sign of the AFLW evolving from something that wasn't much more than a bunch of girls wanting to play men's footy, into a game and sport of it's own! It's probably a good thing, and the @PaulP comment about changing times might be very prudent if Tayla sits out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Yes I get that.

It's a pity because I like her style of footy, but it seems the AFLW do not, and as we have debated I don't like it that much that I'd pay that price!

It probably is a sign of the AFLW evolving from something that wasn't much more than a bunch of girls wanting to play men's footy, into a game and sport of it's own! It's probably a good thing, and the @PaulP comment about changing times might be very prudent if Tayla sits out!
Read......they don't want her back. ;)

Its got nothing to do with the way Tayla plays.....she is unique, we just don't use her to her talents....or she doesn't display her talents often enough....or we don't want to lose a game we have based around her if she decides she doesn't want to turn up that day.

We couldn't 'flick the switch' with Tayla and i think we are tired with the 'extra' that comes with Tayla.

Worst part about this whole situation is, she'll walk....and we'll get nothing for her.

Reply #18
First trade has gone through.

Sabrina Frederick is off to her 3rd club - Collingwood.
Tigers getting Shevlin, also at her 3rd club going back the other way.

Pies (pick 16 + pick 48) + Shevlin -> Tigers
Tigers (pick 26 + pick pick 55 + Sabrina Frederick -> Pies

Reply #19
Very quiet trade period so far. One trade completed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
2 trades.

Tigers have got backup ruck Poppy Kelly from saints for pick 48.

Poppy couldn't get a game behind former blue and saints co-captain rhi watt in the ruck

Reply #21
Bad news....
Chloe Dalton is exploring options up north so she is closer to her 'second sport'
https://womens.afl/news/72616/is-another-blue-on-the-move-the-deals-yet-to-be-done
CARLTON midfielder and dual-sport athlete Chloe Dalton is exploring her options beyond the Blues.

The rugby sevens star – who is currently working towards the Olympic Games in Tokyo – has been linked to both GWS and Gold Coast, moves to states which would allow her to combine her two sports more easily.

Reply #23
Indeed. It would hurt us a lot, as Chloe has been an excellent player for us who puts in every week. We missed her badly this year.

The only silver lining is that whoever got her would have to pay big in draft picks.

It is looking less and less likely that our 2022 campaign is going to challenge for a flag. The restrictions on our picks due to the priority picks is bad enough, but to lose two of our most important players in their prime as well as Downie and Loynes would be a terrible blow. And the carnage of the expansion clubs stealing players hasn't even started yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
Indeed. It would hurt us a lot, as Chloe has been an excellent player for us who puts in every week. We missed her badly this year.

The only silver lining is that whoever got her would have to pay big in draft picks.

It is looking less and less likely that our 2022 campaign is going to challenge for a flag. The restrictions on our picks due to the priority picks is bad enough, but to lose two of our most important players in their prime as well as Downie and Loynes would be a terrible blow. And the carnage of the expansion clubs stealing players hasn't even started yet.

I'm not sure if it will be a straight swap or not, but Dalton to GWS and Del Pos back to us looks likely.
It was going to be Loynes instead of Del Pos, but Loynes can get there for free because we delisted her.

I really hope Tayla to Melbourne goes through even though they don't have much to offer in the way of picks (they will send their first pick to geelong for Purcell), at least that way we can get 'something' back for Tayla.
If she is forced to sit out, she will go to an expansion club next year for nothing.

With a bit of luck, we can get a couple of extra picks for Tayla and maybe upgrade one for Loynes/Dalton trade for Del Pos.

Reply #26
Losing Harris and Dalton is a blow. We really missed Dalton this year, and I liked what Dalton and Walker added.

Don't know much about Del Pos but hope she brings speed and de.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #27
To be honest, I'm not sure what Melbourne can give us that will make up for Harris. Harris is potentially the best forward going around.
I'd take Eden Zanker, as she is a player of similar quality, but I really doubt that Melbourne would give her up.
Not sure what they have to offer at all, considering their 1st pick is probably going to go to Geelong.

We are being seriously screwed here!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
To be honest, I'm not sure what Melbourne can give us that will make up for Harris. Harris is potentially the best forward going around.
I'd take Eden Zanker, as she is a player of similar quality, but I really doubt that Melbourne would give her up.
Not sure what they have to offer at all, considering their 1st pick is probably going to go to Geelong.

We are being seriously screwed here!
 It'll come down to dollars, how much they have offered Tayla and what the Demons have to do to stay inside the cap.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
From the club site

As part of the deal, the Blues also receive three draft picks inside the top 20 of the Victorian pool – No.6, No.16 and No.19 (National picks 10, 27 and 32 respectively) – in addition to the Victorian picks No.8 and No.17 the Club already held.

With the Blues welcoming Dal Pos and now holding five picks inside the top 20 of the Victorian pool, the trade also saw Tayla Harris join Melbourne along with the Blues’ National pick No.44, while the Giants acquired inaugural Game Changer Katie Loynes and Chloe Dalton, who has made the decision to remain home in Sydney, where she had returned last year to pursue her Olympic dream

I think that means:
In - pick 10, 27, 36, 27yo Dal Pos
Out - pick 44, Harris, Dalton, Loynes

🤔

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.