Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 8274 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong

I'll be at this one, so there should be a fair bit of comment on here before I return. Hope it is positive.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 17: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!

Geelong spent most of the game doing not alot but watch us kick point after point. That should have been on the edge of your seat game.

We found a new way to stuff up, just when we really badly needed to win. Like last year, when the 8 opened up we found ways to blow it. Not alot wrong with the work rate just kicking at goal.

Reply #2
Another top 8 team, another 20-odd point loss.

Given the team we ended up putting out there, and given how inaccurate we were early, i think its a minor miracle it was kept to 26 points.

Were always going to be up against it against the cats, that ended up being 'no chance' once we lost Jones and Casboult as it threw out our team balance beyond repair.

We had 14 players on the injury list before the game, and we can add 2 more with the late outs. Probably should include Cripps on that as well.

Nothing worth taking out of that game......besides Walsh being a freak.....but we knew that already.

Move onto the old enemy next week.

Reply #3
OK,  not unexpected given some of the hacks we had to pick today, but why not play some kids instead of the likes of Setterfield?

I know the delivery into F50 was excremental but our forwards were terrible today.  Martin was dreadful, and if Betts wants another year....really!?!   You might not be kicking goals but the Geelong interceptors and rebounders had a ducking picnic today. Oh look,  Stewart BOG, what a surprise.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
We were too short all over the ground. We robbed the forward line by having to ruck Silvagni and again Harry was the centre of attention for their backs with nothing else there. Owies 2 misses and Harry’s in the third were costly.

Reply #5
Bush footballers have more skill
Ta ta:
Ed C
Setterfield

Need to replace so many more

Martin and Williams  should be in the twos

What a masterful display by Jacob Weitering

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Reading the Geelong Board. They are just happy to take the points and move on after that one.

Reply #7
OK,  not unexpected given some of the hacks we had to pick today, but why not play some kids instead of the likes of Setterfield?

I know the delivery into F50 was excremental but our forwards were terrible today.  Martin was dreadful, and if Betts wants another year....really!?!   You might not be kicking goals but the Geelong interceptors and rebounders had a ducking picnic today. Oh look,  Stewart BOG, what a surprise.

totally agree lets see what we have with Kemp, Carroll, Honey, Ramsay hell give Lachie O'brien the rest of the year on a wing and tell him to earn himself a contract for next year.

Reply #8
Honey
Kemp
Carroll
Ramsay

At least two of those should have played.  
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9

It didn't help going with only five forwards for most of the day  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Realistically, it's hard to be critical of our boys after that game... except for disposal skills, especially in front of goal.

The effort was terrific and deserves acknowledgment. We didn't really drop our heads.

I don't think the coach's box could have done better.

We took 3 injured blokes into the game -- Crippa, Williams & Martin, lost two before the bounce, liability with Setterfield and then kicked badly. Stayed in the game with will only.

Newnes & Fogarty honest toilers but really found out in a game like this.

Corralling has to be coached out of this side. Good opponents just walk away with the aggott.

Weiters, Crippa, Walsh... great efforts. In fact the backline did bloody well considering the number of inside 50s from the Pussycats. Love watching Saad.

We will get so much better with a healthier list. I'm not as disappointed or discouraged as some.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Prematch no one on the site gave us a chance, most predicted a 3-4 goal loss. We lose a key defender and backup ruckman prematch and have no adequate replacements in the wings and are forced to use two spuds…  and what did we lose by???

Reply #12
It didn't help going with only five forwards for most of the day  ::)
Think we were worried about our lack of height in defence. Even so, kick at goal properly and we have a very, very different game.

Reply #13
Realistically, it's hard to be critical of our boys after that game... except for disposal skills, especially in front of goal.

The effort was terrific and deserves acknowledgment. We didn't really drop our heads.

I don't think the coach's box could have done better.

We took 3 injured blokes into the game -- Crippa, Williams & Martin, lost two before the bounce, liability with Setterfield and then kicked badly. Stayed in the game with will only.

Newnes & Fogarty honest toilers but really found out in a game like this.

Corralling has to be coached out of this side. Good opponents just walk away with the aggott.

Weiters, Crippa, Walsh... great efforts. In fact the backline did bloody well considering the number of inside 50s from the Pussycats. Love watching Saad.

We will get so much better with a healthier list. I'm not as disappointed or discouraged as some.
Yes, agree with all that. Disappointed or discouraged, no, frustrated beyond recall due to kicking at goal, yes. On another day an undermanned side could have taken a famous win.

Reply #14
Bush footballers have more skill
Ta ta:
Ed C
Setterfield

Need to replace so many more

Martin and Williams  should be in the twos

What a masterful display by Jacob Weitering

That’s exactly as I saw the game
I’d also throw Plowman in with the ta ta group

The truth is that all of Setterfield, Curnow, Martin, Plowman, Newnes are barely AFL standard, whilst Kennedy, Newman are too often average. Fogarty ison the cusp. Martin hot and cold

Way too many passengers