Skip to main content
Topic: telstra charges (Read 1524 times) previous topic - next topic

telstra charges

How do these a'holes sleep

Rcvd email today with my casual mobile plan cost near about doubling, eff next month.  $25 to $45.   >:D  >:D  >:D

Re: telstra charges

Reply #1
How do these a'holes sleep

Rcvd email today with my casual mobile plan cost near about doubling, eff next month.  $25 to $45.   >:D  >:D  >:D

I didn't even get an email; my bill just went up by $15  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
I've heard whispers similar things are now happening or are about to happen with ISP plans and also lots of streaming services like Foxtel and Kayo, so keep watch!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
For me, it's effectively $540 per annum for a device I might use a couple of times a year @LP

Reply #5
For me, it's effectively $540 per annum for a device I might use a couple of times a year @LP

There are alternatives.

Buy a phone (or use one you already own), and buy a pre-paid card. Costs you nothing, you just need to buy a new card once you've used it all up. If you don't make outgoing calls/texts etc, you might be able to keep a $25 card for the whole year.
I've just saved you $500 annualy. ;)

Reply #6
Aldi Mobile offers a $99 plan that gives you 365 days of free calls & SMS with 15 GB of data. But it might be affected by Telstra's price increases.

Reply #7
Thank you @kruddler & @Mav .... knew I'd get some informative answers ;D

Do I get to keep my mobile number?  Sorry for the igorance.  Good with PCs, hopeless on mobiles

Reply #8

Do I get to keep my mobile number?  Sorry for the igorance.  Good with PCs, hopeless on mobiles
I can vouch for Aldi Cap, been with them for years. They use Telstra.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10

You would just call the new carrier (Aldi) or whoever you decide to go with and tell them you want to switch your number over.
L

Reply #11
You would just call the new carrier (Aldi) or whoever you decide to go with and tell them you want to switch your number over.

Thank you ... I have to check as a "just in case" with my ISP as it runs thru my Telstra carrier number.

Today's task  ;D

Reply #13
Pretty sure you can keep your number.

I've switched over from Optus to Aldi (best move ever).  $25/month for unlimited including calls/texts O/S, 20Gb data which rolls over.

And yes, when you activate your Aldi service (done on line) you are asked up front about keeping your number.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?