Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 7076 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #151
Maybe one of the reasons we went hell-for-leather to keep Crippa... knowing that Cerra was dodgy.

Cerra, as mentioned, hasn't been much chop since his injury. Setterfield would want to put in a blinder to remain on the list. Dow the medi-sub... good grief!

At the moment we're still the masters of our own destiny, win this and the 8 is set. Will require something special, which we have the ability for, to bowl over the Go Ds.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #152
Guess that creates opportunity for the Navy Blue Pendlebury to dazzle us again, maybe he can surprise the punters and play the game of his career so far, sometimes opportunity brings out the best in fringe players.
Well he can't complain that he is behind too many other similar type players.

Cerra, Hewitt, Kennedy are all out.
Walsh and Cripps will get all the attention.

If he half as good as some suggest, he should be in the votes tonight.

Reply #153
We made... what 4 changes this week. Dees unchanged. That's our season in a nutshell.

Go battered Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #154
Great. Losing confidence by the minute.

Even though Cerra's form hasn't been great, I had a similar reaction to you, Green Stick. The shoulders slumped.

Reply #155
Well he can't complain that he is behind too many other similar type players.

Cerra, Hewitt, Kennedy are all out.
Walsh and Cripps will get all the attention.

If he half as good as some suggest, he should be in the votes tonight.
I'm just hoping to see some of those no look Pendlebury handpasses and slow motion side steps....

Reply #156
Wonder if Cerra's abductor was an issue last week? It would explain some of his woeful kicking.

Reply #157
I'm just hoping to see some of those no look Pendlebury handpasses and slow motion side steps....
Everything he does is in slow motion, problem is the opposition are at normal speed.

Reply #158
In all honesty though, re Setterfield, this is a big opportunity for him. Perhaps similar circumstances to Kennedy last year.
Given an opportunity due to injuries, he needs to make the most of it.

Unfortunately, i don't think he has the work ethic.
I watched him closely in the second half last week when he didn't have the ball.....and found perhaps his biggest weakness....lack of desire, hunger, ability to push himself. In the last half, he got out of a jog once. And that was to get into space for a backwards kick across half back. Not for chasing an opopnent, or pushing hard back on the turnover....to get a cheap kick.

I'll be watching him closely again and see if the same occurs in the first half or not. Could be a fitness issue, but i suspect not.

Reply #159
Just once I would like to have a full list to select from. Hasn't happened for so long, I barely know what it feels like.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #160

...and precise passes by foot, not too mention the superior peripheral vision!

Reply #161
Agreed Crash. Even at the very start of the season it was Walsh out for the first few weeks. Then when he came back, we lost McGovern and McDonald. Then Pittonet went down. Then Williams broke down.....We lost McKay for 3 weeks....then Weitering. Martin in and out all season. Marchbank finally gets back and hurts his knee in the first game....ditto Durdin. Throw in blokes like Cunningham out all year. Cerra his missed games here and there....it's just been a sh#t show on the injury front for what seems like 3 years or more. We can't take a trick.

Then you look at Melbourne who've virtually got a clean bill of health with their list....just a few weeks out from finals.