Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022.2 - First practice match - Dees vs Blues - curtainraiser. (Read 1947 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022.2 - First practice match - Dees vs Blues - curtainraiser.

Reply #15
I am a bit concerned how our AFLW team is going. Harford seems to talk a big game but we never seem to improve and we never seem to be ready for the start of the season. We keep losing top quality players and those who leave seem to be very happy about it. I hope the team is ready to go and they have a good season but last weekend's result is not a good omen.

Re: AFLW 2022.2 - First practice match - Dees vs Blues - curtainraiser.

Reply #16
I am a bit concerned how our AFLW team is going. Harford seems to talk a big game but we never seem to improve and we never seem to be ready for the start of the season. We keep losing top quality players and those who leave seem to be very happy about it. I hope the team is ready to go and they have a good season but last weekend's result is not a good omen.
The season is so short, its over before you can work out who can play where.
Last season we lost too many games early (albeit by not much on a lot of occasions) and despite a much improved second half of the season, we couldn't quite get back to finals contention.

Then....we lose a lot of players....again....and the cycle repeats.

I think we are a middle of the road team based on ins and outs.....mostly outs....but there is a lot of unknown with the ins we've had.

Lets not forget that came up against the strongest Melbourne based side (and arguably the strongest side in the game now that Adelaide have lost Phillips) as they were runner ups last season....and have improved with their ins/outs.
Dees will embarrass a lot of teams this year.

Had we played someone like Geelong, the scoreline would've been reversed.