Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11380 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
Don't think many changes are required just need continuity without this chopping and changing all year. We got a very good list would welcome Karl Amon and Bobby Hill with open arms.
Think we need better contested players for the big moments...Amon and Hill dont do it for me and if we pay Amon 500k a year for 4-5 years we would be insane and learned nothing from recruiting disasters of recent years.

Reply #61
In some ways, the Pies are a hard mob to pin down because they have an unusual profile. They don't win many of the key statistical indicators that coaches tend to rate, yet they just find a way to win.
You could reword that with end being "yet we just find a way to lose".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #62
Think we need better contested players for the big moments...Amon and Hill dont do it for me and if we pay Amon 500k a year for 4-5 years we would be insane and learned nothing from recruiting disasters of recent years.

We had them out injured and this group needs experience and good decision making imo. Amon and Hill for me.

Reply #63
You could reword that with end being "yet we just find a way to lose".
If you look at the goals they kicked ie Ginnivan, Elliott and Johnson plus the McCreery out of his ArSe one from the boundary and then look at their possession tally it comes down to taking your opportunities and being efficient. You look down the other end and we just squandered entries and missed shots at goal, that round the corner BS from Charlie has its place but sometimes you just have to have the confidence to go back line up straight and nail them and thats what they did.

Reply #64
Forget the Walsh injury, it is what it is. The lack of composure, yep needs work. What I cannot understand for the life of me is why we:
1. Didn't go with TDK and Pitto v Cameron and Cox
2. Why we picked Williams in such a crucial game after having missed so much footy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #65
If you look at the goals they kicked ie Ginnivan, Elliott and Johnson plus the McCreery out of his ArSe one from the boundary and then look at their possession tally it comes down to taking your opportunities and being efficient. You look down the other end and we just squandered entries and missed shots at goal, that round the corner BS from Charlie has its place but sometimes you just have the confidence to go back line up straight and nail them and thats what they did.
Yep
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #66
Forget the Walsh injury, it is what it is. The lack of composure, yep needs work. What I cannot understand for the life of me is why we:
2. Why we picked Williams in such a crucial game after having missed so much footy.

Think Walsh out and Saad sore made them do that, Williams is a front runner but not a player Id want in the heat of the battle and along with Martin I'd be looking to live without though I realise we are stuck with Williams thanks to that ridiculous contract.
Fully agree on TDK.....

Reply #67

Walsh , Hewett and Kennedy missing isn't helping considering they trained with Cerra and Cripps all pre season
TDK wouldn't have made much of a difference I don't think - just another inexperienced player and thought Williams was pretty good. Had more contested possession than uncontested with 83% efficiency - that's a solid day in the office.
LOB 83% time on ground with zero tackles. The only other players that had zero tackles for both teams were forwards. 
17 outside possessions with 68% efficiency <---- thats not good enough. He wasn't the cause though - Fisher had another inconsistent game, Durdin is extremely inconsistent and needs a very big pre season.

Reply #68
Vossy's presser was pretty good and on point IMO. Summary of the first minute :

- almost all numbers went our way
- really strong brand after q time
- most of the game our way
- last q they were able to hit the scoreboard and we were inefficient.

Reply #69
Voss made a point in his press conference about individual growth which is quite relevant.

I can't think of a player who played today who is on the down-slope slippery slide.
It's not an aging group and each and every one of them 'can' be better next season.
Some will be better because they won't be impacted by injury
Some will be better just though natural growth and maturity.

Sure, we won't get 100% improvement, there will be setbacks for some
But overall it should be a better side.

Reply #70
Walsh , Hewett and Kennedy missing isn't helping considering they trained with Cerra and Cripps all pre season
TDK wouldn't have made much of a difference I don't think - just another inexperienced player and thought Williams was pretty good. Had more contested possession than uncontested with 83% efficiency - that's a solid day in the office.
LOB 83% time on ground with zero tackles. The only other players that had zero tackles for both teams were forwards. 
17 outside possessions with 68% efficiency <---- thats not good enough. He wasn't the cause though - Fisher had another inconsistent game, Durdin is extremely inconsistent and needs a very big pre season.
I thought Williams was extremely ordinary watching him live. Played on Ginnivan, pushed and shoved the kid when the ball was being bounced, then got torched by him when the ball came down. I'd swap the young kid for Williams in a heartbeat. Cannot stand the bloke.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #71
I thought Williams was extremely ordinary watching him live. Played on Ginnivan, pushed and shoved the kid when the ball was being bounced, then got torched by him when the ball came down. I'd swap the young kid for Williams in a heartbeat. Cannot stand the bloke.
Williams and Martin were passengers IMO...dont care how many possies Williams gets he cant let his man kick goals, Martin just doesnt do enough for a player of his skill level and contract money.

Reply #72

Williams is a hard at it player with sublime skills - he's been disappointing but had a good game. Ginnivan just did his job as a small forward - other than Motlop the rest are for the tip.

Reply #73
Voss made a point in his press conference about individual growth which is quite relevant.

I can't think of a player who played today who is on the down-slope slippery slide.
It's not an aging group and each and every one of them 'can' be better next season.
Some will be better because they won't be impacted by injury
Some will be better just though natural growth and maturity.

Sure, we won't get 100% improvement, there will be setbacks for some
But overall it should be a better side.

Yep, found myself quite buoyed by Vossie's media conference. Wasn't shy with identifying issues and inadequacies and the 2nd half year drop off and the need to make further changes... that some will like, and others may not like. Right man at the helm. Also didn't hold back on how cheats.com.au treated Rutten.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #74
Williams is a hard at it player with sublime skills - he's been disappointing but had a good game. Ginnivan just did his job as a small forward - other than Motlop the rest are for the tip.
Wow! Just wow! So much to unpack there but Im not going to bother.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th