Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022b - R2 vs Bombers - Sunday, 11:10 @ Port Melbourne (Read 3052 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022b - R2 vs Bombers - Sunday, 11:10 @ Port Melbourne

Reply #30
Print and radio media have tried to beat up the umpires call at the end of the 1st-Qtr that stopped Prespakis having a shot.

But seriously, it was just one of those bad luck moments with her stepping off the line just as the siren went.

She was well outside her range anyway, she isn't a long kick by AFLW standards.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Print and radio media have tried to beat up the umpires call at the end of the 1st-Qtr that stopped Prespakis having a shot.

But seriously, it was just one of those bad luck moments with her stepping off the line just as the siren went.

She was well outside her range anyway, she isn't a long kick by AFLW standards.

Essendon needed a speedier runner … or one with a louder voice.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
Essendon needed a speedier runner … or one with a louder voice.
What would be the point, just so Prespakis could have a shot that fell 15m short!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
What would be the point, just so Prespakis could have a shot that fell 15m short!

Prespakis was kicking from about 35m and she went off her line to crib an extra few metres.  Her chances of scoring when kicking directly over the mark were slim, but better than a dead ball call.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
Prespakis was kicking from about 35m and she went off her line to crib an extra few metres.  Her chances of scoring when kicking directly over the mark were slim, but better than a dead ball call.
I recall that she was out between the corner of the centre square with the 50m arc in front of her and the player on the mark just inside the 50m arc. When she moved off her line she was looking to pass the footy inside F50.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
I recall that she was out between the corner of the centre square with the 50m arc in front of her and the player on the mark just inside the 50m arc. When she moved off her line she was looking to pass the footy inside F50.

Yes, the player on the mark was around 40m out, not 35m.

Prespakis would have kicked from around 45m and that would generally be beyond her range.  I think that she was intending to have a shot but the camera angle doesn't show what's ahead of her.

Reply #36
I have seen many a player roost a goal (or even a point) from a distance that is mused to be beyond their range.  This would be the time to re-write what range looks like.

For reference:  Toby Greene barrelled a goal against us last season, I thought he had no hope of even making the distance.  Sure, the girls dont bang them as far, but Ive seen teenage boys launch a footy a fair distance to suggest that its possible that Maddy might have done better with some opportunity.

Suck it Essendon for missing that opportunity.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
I have seen many a player roost a goal (or even a point) from a distance that is mused to be beyond their range.  This would be the time to re-write what range looks like.

Suck it Essendon for missing that opportunity.
Yes, if I'm chatting toa CheatsFC fan that is exactly how I will describe it, highway robbery.

But if I'm chatting with anyone not CheatsFC and who is serious in following AFLW I'll just discuss the facts as they stand, and they stand well outside Prespakis' range! ;)

The Force Awakens!