Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2022b - R4 vs Fremantle  (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2022b - R4 vs Fremantle

Reply #15
God to see us come back like that, but a pity the Umps had no idea.
I do hope we put in an official complaint. It doesn't happen often, but it really should this time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
Lucy McEvoy gets pinged for a tackle that just possibly may have endangered her opponent but no harm was done. 

Amelia Velardo gets concussed and it’s play on 🙄

Umpires have a tough job and I don’t believe that they show bias.  However, our game was marred by inconsistent application of the rules and blatant free kicks being missed.  Some of the decisions that went our way were questionable but many of the non-decisions that went Freo’s way were inexplicable.

Our first quarter was not up to standard but we played the better footy for the last three quarters.  A couple of half-decent umpiring calls and we win comfortably.

Moody, McKay, Hill, Laloifi and Peterson were great, McEvoy and O’Dea were solid and we’ve found a player in Skepper.  Jess Good is coming along nicely too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #17
Last 3 teams to have back to back draws.

2022b - Carlton AFLW
2017 - GWS AFL
1921 - Carlton VFL/AFL.

3rd time in 101 years!

Reply #18
Paige Trudgeon was concussed too.

If I remember correctly she was free-kicked for smashing her head into an opponent's hip and not disposing of the ball because she was stunned.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Paige Trudgeon was concussed too.

If I remember correctly she was free-kicked for smashing her head into an opponent's hip and not disposing of the ball because she was stunned.
Thanks Sandra Sully.

Have a look at the 2 new threads i posted. ;)  :P

Reply #20
Thanks Sandra Sully.

Have a look at the 2 new threads i posted. ;)  :P

Not sure what your new threads have to do with the umpiring in the Freo game 🤔🫤

Shocking run with injuries; short and long term!

Reply #21
Not sure what your new threads have to do with the umpiring in the Freo game 🤔🫤

Shocking run with injuries; short and long term!
It seemed you posted just to announce that Trudgeon was injured. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

Reply #22
It seemed you posted just to announce that Trudgeon was injured. Apologies if that wasn't your intention.

It was a subtle reference to my previous post about the McEvoy tackle and the Velardo concussion. 😇