Topic: Brownlow Medal 2022 (Read 8546 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2022

Reply #105
Wow LOB got an invite??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #106
I think you were talking about trading him last season....  we are very lucky to have crippa.  He's a ripper!

I was, but that was with an asterisk of sorts, pending if we didn't think we could get his body right and back to his best.
If he remained 'broken' and giving us sub-par performances, he was hurting the team as he couldn't chase/catch anything.
His value would plummet and we couldn't cash in on his value.
No only did he get back to full fitness, Vossy was able to 'cover for him' by surrounding him with hard 2-way runners on he wings to ensure his man didn't get free, and also allow him to drift forward where he demanded a matchup.

Clearly, we did get his body right and S+C coaches deserves a pay rise. Not only did they fix Cripps, but they were able to get Charlie back to a level of fitness we all dreamed of AND get Marchbank back to AFL level as well. Not to menion Docherty putting in AA calibar year when we though he was a right-off.
Those 4 were all 'injured' for basically 2 or so years each. So pat on the back for them.

Reply #107
Interesting hey.

Oh IG the friend of Charlie’s is shown as Max de Been and seems to be part of the group

Reply #108
Charlie’s friend

Reply #109
Do you get regional differences in pronunciation?

British names can be pronounced differently based on location, status and/or preference.  For example, one of my ancestral names is St John (pronounced Saint John) but some Brits pronounce it Sinjin.  Then there's McKay (MacKay or Mackeye), Strachan (Strack-an or Strawn and Mainwaring (as it's spelt or Mannering).

I have been quite happy with Gil's attempts to pronounce names.  He is a lot better than those who came before but you'd think he would have practised Petracca.

No regional differences in names per se`, in general, names are pronounced using proper Italian as opposed to Dialects.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
Crippa has responded to Gill's dummy spit about the tribunal suspension dismissal.

He simply said 'he called my name for the last three votes, so I'll just leave it at that'

Looks like Crippa is good in heavy traffic, whether it be in the middle of the MCG, or a sidewalk interview...... 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #112
Old news from.a couple of weeks ago the HeraldSun have just made a headline.

Yet it was reprinted in AFL.com as though it's current and relevant.
Says more about the sooking character of a man than anything else.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #113
Wow LOB got an invite??
I think he and Weiters met them afterwards.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #114
We’re a happy team…..!
Good to see Vossy getting amongst it, if nothing else we are a tight group.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #115
I think he and Weiters met them afterwards.

Murph too!

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the team got together.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #116
That’s the first Brownlow night I’ve watched from start to finish for many years (I didn’t see the red carpet).  It’s not great TV but it was well worth persevering with until the end.

I did open a second bottle to get me past the cringeworthy moments 🙄

Crippa was a worthy winner and so humble and honest in victory.  He spoke so well, thanks in part to Harry’s Mum plying him with water. 

What a travesty it would have been if the suspension had been allowed to stand!

The only real gripe I have about the night is the goal and mark of the year.  The goal of the year was OK, but not outstanding, and the mark of the year was average.  It didn’t even win mark of the week.

There must be a better way to determine goal and mark of the year 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #117
I have a PVR and only watched the bits I could be bothered with. Largely I enjoy the round recap before the votes as a good way to relive a season without watching hours of footy.  I got the entire count done in less than 1.5 hours plus hearing the speeches from cripps.  I did watch the goal and mark of the year and thought that they have missed way better than the final candidates. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #119
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/20/how-tough-cripps-draft-lesson-led-magpies-to-take-a-risk-on-future-all/
A bigger f-wit than Matt Rendell you will not find.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th