Skip to main content
Topic: Sport, sponsors, activism and politics (Read 6966 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sport, sponsors, activism and politics

Reply #75
That's all well and good, and he deserves credit for that, but it's cold comfort to those marginalised individuals and groups who have to deal with his "jokes' at their expense, and who are already doing it tough to begin with.
I suppose so, but when you are there serving up some hot meals there is nobody who makes jokes about their circumstance more than themselves, in my experience they have no high horse and some of those jokes they may actually have taught Newman.

Personally, I'm not much for judging people by words it's actions I look for. I suspect if the kids are still doing the volunteering, I think they are, then they are unlikely to run across the media and social media types who want to make a pariah out of the likes of the "low brow and old school types of Sam Newman or Fatty Vautin". By that I refer to intellectual mammoths like the trio of Susie O'Brien, Rita Panahi or Andrew Bolt. If that filthy trio come across unfortunates they are more like to take the advice of the late Bill Hicks and "Step on the gas!", yet they get front page credit and earn top dollars slagging off the likes of Newman and Vautin day in day out!

Even worse, as much as I hate to admit it, that filthy trio who are sparklingly clean outside but full of stank, continually sway and sculpt our society and much of local humanity!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76

Personally, I'm not much for judging people by words it's actions I look for. I suspect if the kids are still doing the volunteering, I think they are, then they are unlikely to run across the media and social media types who want to make a pariah out of the likes of the "low brow and old school types of Sam Newman or Fatty Vautin". By that I refer to intellectual mammoths like the trio of Susie O'Brien, Rita Panahi or Andrew Bolt. If that filthy trio come across unfortunates they are more like to take the advice of the late Bill Hicks and "Step on the gas!", yet they get front page credit and earn top dollars slagging off the likes of Newman and Vautin day in day out!

Panahi and Newman seem to have an excellent relationship, judging by my last few minutes of googling. I'd be very surprised if those three have any issue with Newman, given their shared crusade and War On Woke.

Reply #77
Do the girls know who Victoria is named in honour of?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #78
Those bagging out Dan should have a hard look at the bloke running the show on the other side.  Neither of them are worthy of anybody's vote.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #79
Those bagging out Dan should have a hard look at the bloke running the show on the other side.  Neither of them are worthy of anybody's vote.

The last 8 years has seen Melbourne go from one of the best cities in the world to an absolute crap hole. Labour has to go.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #80
The last 8 years has seen Melbourne go from one of the best cities in the world to an absolute crap hole. Labour has to go.

If you're going to throw out something you don't like, shouldn't you first ensure you've something better to replace it with?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #81
In 2015, 16 and 17, Melbourne was ranked 1st according to the Global Liveability Ranking. In 2018 and 19, it was 2nd. In 2021 it was equal 8th, and 2022 equal 10th. Clearly it's a drop, but Top 10 is still excellent. For most of Andrews' 2 terms, Melbourne is 1 or 2.

Reply #82
If you're going to throw out something you don't like, shouldn't you first ensure you've something better to replace it with?

How do you ensure that with any election? Also wasn't voted in because he was inspiring, Scomo was kicked out.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #83
How do you ensure that with any election? Also wasn't voted in because he was inspiring, Scomo was kicked out.

But hasn’t he been a welcome breath of fresh air !
And in answer to your earlier question it’s named in honor of Victoria Nichols 👍🏼
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #84
How long do I have to ignore you before you get the message?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #85
How long do I have to ignore you before you get the message?

Interestingly, you’ve been grinding my gears for a while now, I’m glad to hear that it’s because you’re trying.

How about you just stop being a [inappropriate language deleted] and talk real issues ?
I’ll try to play by the same rules 👍🏼

PS
I’m not sure why you feel the way you do because I generally enjoy your contributions (with exceptions) but if you feel I’ve slighted you don’t be bashful, hit me up with a pm.
Cheers
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #86
But hasn’t he been a welcome breath of fresh air !
And in answer to your earlier question it’s named in honor of Victoria Nichols 👍🏼
I was sceptical about Albo, but yes you are correct he has been a breath of fresh air. Dunno if Dan is too happy with some of the cuts to Vic but they had to be done.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87
My Mrs said the exactly the same thing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88

What has that got to do with anything?

It is a crap name for a state, but Queen Victoria was one of the most benign monarchs of the colonial period.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #89

It's Labor; terrible spelling but that's their choice.

On what basis is Melbourne a crap hole?  The 2022 most liveable city rankings have Melbourne as Australia's most liveable city and 10th in the world.

As Jon Faine pointed out in the Age a couple of weeks ago, Dan Andrews has a secret weapon that will keep him in the Premier's job: Matthew Guy  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball