Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton 2024 Predictions / Expectations (Read 31816 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton 2024 Predictions / Expectations

Reply #60
change game plan and more quick ball movement from defense. WE can not go with this year game style.

Reply #61
change game plan and more quick ball movement from defense. WE can not go with this year game style.

We won 11 out of the last 13 games and it wasn't our game plan that cost us against Brisbane in the prelim.  Every team tweaks their game plan over the off season and we'll do the same.  There won't be any major changes and neither should there be.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
I haven't read every post in every thread. I'm wondering if I've missed some happy news related to the Crippa family? Or perhaps I'm mistaken and/or there's nothing official???
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #63
I haven't read every post in every thread. I'm wondering if I've missed some happy news related to the Crippa family? Or perhaps I'm mistaken and/or there's nothing official???

There's nothing as yet on the CFC website or the CFC Twitter account. There's a photo from Brownlow night a few weeks ago, and Monique doesn't look pregnant there.

I did notice that Mitch McGovern recently got married.

Reply #64
Matt Kennedy also got married.
There was a picture of a couple of our boys and a St Kilda player and Essendon player in attendance on Facebook. ;)  ;D

Reply #65
Matt Kennedy also got married.
There was a picture of a couple of our boys and a St Kilda player and Essendon player in attendance on Facebook. ;)  ;D

The same Saints and Bummers players were at Grace’s wedding!

Guv got married the day after Grace’s wedding. I don’t know if any players doubled up 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66
There's nothing as yet on the CFC website or the CFC Twitter account. There's a photo from Brownlow night a few weeks ago, and Monique doesn't look pregnant there.

I did notice that Mitch McGovern recently got married.

Thanks for that.
Me 🤐
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
any team that has quick ball movement especially from defensive half ,over the years we have struggled ,so i hope in 24 we can prevent this from happening 

Reply #68
any team that has quick ball movement especially from defensive half ,over the years we have struggled ,so i hope in 24 we can prevent this from happening 

I think we have addressed that in the last couple of years.

Goals per game conceded:

2021: 13.1 (equal 2nd worst)
2022: 11.3 (7th best)
2023: 10.5 (4th best)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
Trust in H and Charlie, each and every week they stay on the park and play together things will get better.

Same applies to our smalls.

We don't want too many changes now, we don't want to be the chef who goes one step too far and bins all that was created!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Yep.  I've been saying that we need stability for years.  Things got hard this season.  We didn't blink and slowed forward.  The rewards are obvious.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71

Revisiting this again. Apologies in advance if this isn't the best thread.
I don't think there's any hiding it any longer. All going well, I expect our captain is expecting a new addition to the family.

With the obvious well wishes put aside until it'sofficial, I do wonder if this may influence captaincy.
Henry Ford.

Reply #72
Gerard Whately on SEN:

“As footy ramps up, Carlton is emphasising the quality long missing at the club that served them so well last year - stability. It was stability that allowed the Blues to ride out the midseason horrors of 2023 & empower Michael Voss to conjure the Preliminary Final run.
The historic bloodlust to sack a coach was quelled by the President & the Chief Executive. Luke Sayers is asking the members to approve an extension of his time at the helm & he would seem determined to make Brian Cook commit beyond the end of the year as well.
The contract extension for Michael Voss only seems to need the fine print sorted & that's entirely appropriate - Voss has earned the additional two years & shouldn't be on the short leash entering the 2024 season. Let him get on with the job fully supported & endorsed.
Stability, it's the new religion at Carlton. It's the new Blue, & it suits them well.”

I don't think we're his favourite club but that's a fair assessment ... and how good is it not to be chopping and changing coaches and the administration?

Reply #73
Gerard Whately on SEN:

“As footy ramps up, Carlton is emphasising the quality long missing at the club that served them so well last year - stability. It was stability that allowed the Blues to ride out the midseason horrors of 2023 & empower Michael Voss to conjure the Preliminary Final run.
The historic bloodlust to sack a coach was quelled by the President & the Chief Executive. Luke Sayers is asking the members to approve an extension of his time at the helm & he would seem determined to make Brian Cook commit beyond the end of the year as well.
The contract extension for Michael Voss only seems to need the fine print sorted & that's entirely appropriate - Voss has earned the additional two years & shouldn't be on the short leash entering the 2024 season. Let him get on with the job fully supported & endorsed.
Stability, it's the new religion at Carlton. It's the new Blue, & it suits them well.”

I don't think we're his favourite club but that's a fair assessment ... and how good is it not to be chopping and changing coaches and the administration?
Ive always found Whately hard but fair. I listen to a truckload of SEN content and last year we were the darlings of the AFL, Whately and The Pipe in particular had permanent chubs over us. I suspect that will all change if we really get up and firing and make the top 4😂
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #74
just hope that people at the club think of the whole 2023 year NOT just the two finals win , if we think that "how good we are won finals blah blah blah " we wont take the next step . words of TB12 now we have to work even harder to maintain the level .FINGERS CROSSED