Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton 2024 Predictions / Expectations (Read 31803 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton 2024 Predictions / Expectations

Reply #91
I think we like to think so. :P

Come on Lods - everyone knows that the board, list manager, coach and match committee never make a call without checking here first  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #93
History suggests we have probably been more right than the club would want to admit over the past 20-odd years.

I think history probably suggests we don't look back at some of the things we wrote. :P  :D

Reply #94
What were the predictions from last year (first past the post etc)?

Reply #95
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2024-carlton-blues-season-preview-preseason-analysis-predicted-round-1-team-ladder-position-strength-weakness-latest-news/news-story/969b9c1820a621441e971e776e5b957b

A very fair & balanced article about where we are right now.

It points to the huge opportunity in front of us this season whilst acknowledging there are still a handful of things that need to happen amongst the players.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #96
The Fox Sports summary almost completely ignored the return of Martin to the squad and the effect that had on our F50 structure, the return of Williams will potentially be equally as big.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #97
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/carlton-blues/afl-2024-carlton-blues-season-preview-preseason-analysis-predicted-round-1-team-ladder-position-strength-weakness-latest-news/news-story/969b9c1820a621441e971e776e5b957b

A very fair & balanced article about where we are right now.

It points to the huge opportunity in front of us this season whilst acknowledging there are still a handful of things that need to happen amongst the players.
Not much to argue about in that, the time is definitely now. Injury, as always, will play a big part as will attitude (selfless team first). If everyone plays their role or as the great man Bellichick says "do your job", the result will come.

I know for a fact based on the sample size I was exposed to, the Filth supporters were crapping their pants at qtr time of our prelim (ie at the thought of having to play us in The Big Dance). If we bring all year what we brought in the second half of last year, anything is possible.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #98
Fox Round One Team

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering*, Brodie Kemp

HB: Zac Williams, Mitch McGovern, Adam Saad

C: Blake Acres, Patrick Cripps, Sam Docherty

HF: Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Lachie Fogarty

F: Matt Owies, Harry McKay, Jesse Motlop

FOLL: Tom De Koning, Adam Cerra, Sam Walsh

I/C: George Hewett, Matt Kennedy, Caleb Marchbank, Matt Cottrell, Ollie Hollands (sub)

Who relieves De Koning in the ruck???

Reply #99
Excluding injury causing selection havoc, Pitto will be playing and there is no chance we will have four smalls in F50.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #100
I would think Boyd will play as well as Pittonett and while Weitering, Silvagni and Hollands the older won't be available to play, this means someone additionally will miss selection but I am unsure as to who that will be. I also think Cuningham and Cincotta will also be unlucky to miss out.

Reply #101
Fox Round One Team

B: Nic Newman, Jacob Weitering*, Brodie Kemp

HB: Zac Williams, Mitch McGovern, Adam Saad

C: Blake Acres, Patrick Cripps, Sam Docherty

HF: Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Lachie Fogarty

F: Matt Owies, Harry McKay, Jesse Motlop

FOLL: Tom De Koning, Adam Cerra, Sam Walsh

I/C: George Hewett, Matt Kennedy, Caleb Marchbank, Matt Cottrell, Ollie Hollands (sub)

SEN reporting Weiters won't play the first two rounds
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #103
Interesting article by Jon Pierik in today's Age:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bringing-the-heat-the-next-step-in-the-blues-quest-for-greatness-20240221-p5f6ph.html

Can we dominate the home and away season?

Apart from home finals and double chances, a dominant home and away season provides an opportunity to manage critical players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #104
My prediction.... Start poorly, come good too late, miss finals.  Harry to kick poorly again.  Another frustrating, unfulfilling season.  Too much hype not enough substance.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?