Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW List Management 2024 (Read 11624 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW List Management 2024

With the 2023 season done, and our girls improving, but still missing finals, it will be interesting to see how our list evolves towards next season.
Supposedly, we are after Yasmin Duursma, from Port. However, we are competing against North for her signature.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW List Management 2024

Reply #1
With the 2023 season done, and our girls improving, but still missing finals, it will be interesting to see how our list evolves towards next season.
Supposedly, we are after Yasmin Duursma, from Port. However, we are competing against North for her signature.

Where would you go if given the choice.

North are a far more attractive option.

Less flexibility with salary/years in the AFLW game, so talent follows talent.

Reply #2
Lots of rumours going around.
[1] Yasmin Duursma has chosen us. I am surprised, with her brother at the Drug Cheats.
[2] Tarni Brown, former Collingwood F/D, is headed to us. Annie Lee is headed to Collingwood.
[3] Celine Moody is headed to us. Where does that leave Jess Good?
[4] We are apparently interested in Lauren Ahrens from Gold Coast. We do have competition.
[5] St Kilda are trying to poach Paige Trudgeon. Not sure how that will turn out.
[6] Mua was not offered a contract and will be going. Sydney and the Dogs appear to be the interested parties.

Looks like it is going to be a bust trade week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
[6] Mua was not offered a contract and will be going. Sydney and the Dogs appear to be the interested parties.
Woah, if true that would be a shock to many fans!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
[1] Yasmin Duursma has chosen us. I am surprised, with her brother at the Drug Cheats.
[2] Tarni Brown, former Collingwood F/D, is headed to us. Annie Lee is headed to Collingwood.
[3] Celine Moody is headed to us. Where does that leave Jess Good?
[4] We are apparently interested in Lauren Ahrens from Gold Coast. We do have competition.
[5] St Kilda are trying to poach Paige Trudgeon. Not sure how that will turn out.

Looks like it is going to be a bust trade week.
I think we have doubled up a bit here mate.

https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=6696.0

Reply #5
Yeah, we probably have. I should keep this thread for actual changes.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Carlton receive:
Yasmin Duursma and round two pick (currently Pick 25)

Port Adelaide receive:
Round one pick (currently Pick 21)

Reply #7
Carlton receive:
Yasmin Duursma and round two pick (currently Pick 25)

Port Adelaide receive:
Round one pick (currently Pick 21)
We didn't lose much for this one; 21 to 25 is peanuts, even with the dodgy AFLW draft.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
A complicated 4 club deal done today:
Carlton receives: Tarni Brown and round three pick (currently No.48)

Carlton gives: Paige Trudgeon, Annie Lee, round three pick (currently No.47)

Collingwood receives: Annie Lee, round two pick (currently No.31) and round three pick (currently No.59)

Collingwood gives: Tarni Brown and round three pick (No.48)

North Melbourne receives: Round three pick (currently No.47)

North Melbourne gives: Round three pick (currently No.52) and round three pick (currently No.59)

St Kilda receives: Paige Trudgeon and round three pick (currently No.52)

St Kilda gives: Round two pick (currently No.31)

Disappointing to lose Trudgeon, but she really struggled for fitness this season.
I don't recall seeing Tarni Brown, but I hope she can develop into a decent mid.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Our backline was one of our strengths this year IMO.

Trudgeon out.
Mua not far behind
Lee out.

It won't be a strength no more.

Reply #10
Carlton receives: Celine Moody

Carlton gives: Vaomua Laloifi and a second-round pick (currently No.25)

North Melbourne receives: A second-round pick (currently No.25)

North Melbourne gives: Ellie Gavalas

Western Bulldogs receive: Ellie Gavalas and Vaomua Laloifi

Western Bulldogs give: Celine Moody

I think we paid a fair bit for a girl who has been as injured as Celine has been, but we might be a significant winner if she can show something of her potential.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Carlton receives: Celine Moody

Carlton gives: Vaomua Laloifi and a second-round pick (currently No.25)

North Melbourne receives: A second-round pick (currently No.25)

North Melbourne gives: Ellie Gavalas

Western Bulldogs receive: Ellie Gavalas and Vaomua Laloifi

Western Bulldogs give: Celine Moody

I think we paid a fair bit for a girl who has been as injured as Celine has been, but we might be a significant winner if she can show something of her potential.

We're certainly going for a taller line-up ... and that seems to be way to go now.

It will be interesting to see how we use the Moody twins and Jess Good.  I haven't seen a lot of Celine but I hope she's as mobile as Brea.

It's not so long ago that watching Brea play had me thinking about galloping giraffes but she has certainly worked on her agility, athleticism and ball handling. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
I haven't seen a lot of Celine but I hope she's as mobile as Brea.
Celine copped a few injuries, I think a knee, which may have impacted her mobility, but let's hope our club can get her sorted.

Despite the twin status, I'm not sure Celine is as aggressive or as driven as Breanne.  But we should not be surprised, we've seen the Hosking's up close, and we can see the difference between the H and B McKay.

I wonder if the Moody's can leverage their twinness, that weird ability one has to predict the other, it could be a huge advantage.

It will be interesting to contrast the Hollands, being siblings but not twins.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Celine copped a few injuries, I think a knee, which may have impacted her mobility, but let's hope our club can get her sorted.

Despite the twin status, I'm not sure Celine is as aggressive or as driven as Breanne.  But we should not be surprised, we've seen the Hosking's up close, and we can see the difference between the H and B McKay.

I wonder if the Moody's can leverage their twinness, that weird ability one has to predict the other, it could be a huge advantage.

It will be interesting to contrast the Hollands, being siblings but not twins.

Going by the highlights - and that's often fraught - the twin similarities extend to the way they play; Celine clunks her marks and enjoys laying a heavy tackle.  Her kicking is not quite as fluid or effective as Brea's though. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
I just became aware of an interesting thing for ALFW Draft night: Carlton have a F/D possibility for late in the 1st round. That's right, another F/D.
Meg Robertson
Position: Midfielder
Height: 171cm
State: Victoria, Dandenong Stingrays/Berwick
Her dad is Ben Robertson, who played 3 games for us back in 1992. We'll probably have to bid for her, but ...

I admit, I wasn't expecting F/D for another year, when Abu McKay's sister is available.
Live Long and Prosper!