Skip to main content
Topic: Mark of the Year 2014 (Read 5700 times) previous topic - next topic

Mark of the Year 2014

https://markoftheyear.afl.com.au/site

Not sure if it's my Carlton bias but I reckon Levi's is the best. Andrew Walker was robbed by another mark because it was a 'pack mark', now Levi is gonna get robbed by a 'prettier' mark and terrible commentary.

>:(

Re: Mark of the Year 2014

Reply #1
Thing is......who even remembers the "other mark" the year of Walkers hanger ??  The AFL site even had a big story on Walkers leading up the Essendon game in the last round.  Makes the people who made that decision look even more foolish.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #2
Levi's is not dissimilar to the one that won when Walker was robbed - by I think it was Krakouer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sa572GxNI

That was a pack mark too.

Walker's mark was unbelievable - we were at the game and it was absolutely mind blowing even the EFC supporters were out of their seats!

Reply #3
Krakouer's mark was very good, but Andrew's simply stands out.
I know my opinion is biased, but history remembers Walker's. Krakouer's has already been forgotten, even though it was a brilliant mark.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Looks like Wingard is gonna win this year but I think Elliott's is a better mark.

Reply #5
I know this sounds biased but I just love Levis mark and reckon its the best of the lot. Its got so many more attributes to it, high, pack busting, 2 or 3 deep, arms straight up, one grabber...clunk! Should win it for mine but the oxygen thieving prix adjudicating it will give it to Wingard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Actually, I think 2014 is a very average bunch of marks only saved by clever camera angles.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Actually, I think 2014 is a very average bunch of marks only saved by clever camera angles.
your right there , most of these wouldn't have made the highlight reel 10 -20yrs ago. The change in style of footy is leading it away from one the the things that actually made it great

Reply #8
Casboult's is clearly the hardest mark to take and is also quite spectacular....no brainer IMO.

Crash I agree I didn't even realise Krakouer won it, all I know is the AW missed out and was also probably screwed out of a nice car.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
Casboult's is clearly the hardest mark to take and is also quite spectacular....no brainer IMO.

Crash I agree I didn't even realise Krakouer won it, all I know is the AW missed out and was also probably screwed out of a nice car.

AW had a moral victory, though. His mark was the people's choice and is always shown in any highlights of great marks. Damn you, Hungry.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Believe that was Darcy's work. What a numbnuts!

Reply #11
Believe that was Darcy's work. What a numbnuts!

The more I see & hear of "Darce"....the more I come to the conclusion that he's a complete waste of space....just another AFL yes man (along with Harley & Richo)
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #12

It was a $10,000 prize, I reckon Nic Nat's mark that year (against us at Etihad) was clearly second behind Walker's.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13

It was a $10,000 prize, I reckon Nic Nat's mark that year (against us at Etihad) was clearly second behind Walker's.

I was there at that game. Gee, it was a good mark. Poor old Thornton didn't know what hit him. I think that was the game that we resorted to Jammo or Hendo in the ruck at one point.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.