Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2019 List Changes (Read 18891 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2019 List Changes

Reply #15
AFLW a joke with major players changing Clubs is often.

Reply #16
Bri Davey has requested a trade to Collingwood  >:(
This is not a fait d'accompli yet, but it is a very poor thing indeed if true. Bri only won the B&F a day or two ago. Very poor.

Collingwood would have to trade for her, and the 1st pick is the obvious bait, but it is still something I would prefer not to see. The only thing going against Bri is her age: she is no spring chicken and cannot go on forever. But it does feel like betrayal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
AFLW a joke with major players changing Clubs is often.
With 1 year contracts and no possibility to retain players, it was inevitable. But it is very poor.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
This is not a fait d'accompli yet, but it is a very poor thing indeed if true. Bri only won the B&F a day or two ago. Very poor.

Collingwood would have to trade for her, and the 1st pick is the obvious bait, but it is still something I would prefer not to see. The only thing going against Bri is her age: she is no spring chicken and cannot go on forever. But it does feel like betrayal.

Bri Davey is only 25 crash. Peak of her powers with several years left.

If Pick 1 gets us another Maddy Prespakis, then thats a good start. What about operation 'Bring Steph home'? Captain for captain swap. Steph is no spring chicken at 30, but throw in pick 1 and i'd do that deal. ;)

Reply #19
Rhiannon Watt has officially signed with the Saints.

Looked like it was 'get through the B+F first' type of scenario with her as rumours were floating around at the start of the week.

Reply #20
I think Davey leaving is what you get playing her out of position, she never looked comfortable on ball the whole season and I suspect the Filth will have offered her a traditional role.

We all like her, but I'm afraid under the AFLW rules fans need to get their head around this sort of thing happening.

That'll cost our club a bit of cash, most of it's major branding is littered with her image!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
I think Davey leaving is what you get playing her out of position, she never looked comfortable on ball the whole season and I suspect the Filth will have offered her a traditional role.

We all like her, but I'm afraid under the AFLW rules fans need to get their head around this sort of thing happening.

That'll cost our club a bit of cash, most of it's major branding is littered with her image!

I doubt its about her being played out of position.

There were plenty of rumours of her leaving 12 months ago and it was off-field issues between her and the club rather than on.

I'm sure Eddie has promised her the world and even if we have too, she's been bitten once already.

She was as good as gone 12 months ago and we somehow managed to turn her around. Can lightning strike twice?

Reply #22
I doubt its about her being played out of position.

There were plenty of rumours of her leaving 12 months ago and it was off-field issues between her and the club rather than on.

I'm sure Eddie has promised her the world and even if we have too, she's been bitten once already.

She was as good as gone 12 months ago and we somehow managed to turn her around. Can lightning strike twice?

I think we removed a car or car park off her from memory which sparked some animosity.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
I think we removed a car or car park off her from memory which sparked some animosity.

I think it was a car....and i dont think she was the only one.

Reply #24
Bri Davey is only 25 crash. Peak of her powers with several years left.

If Pick 1 gets us another Maddy Prespakis, then thats a good start. What about operation 'Bring Steph home'? Captain for captain swap. Steph is no spring chicken at 30, but throw in pick 1 and i'd do that deal. ;)
I thought Davey was older than that. :(
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the idea of bringing Steph to Carlton. She may not be as good a player, but she does have a real crack.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
I thought Davey was older than that. :(
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the idea of bringing Steph to Carlton. She may not be as good a player, but she does have a real crack.

Unfortunately Steph can’t be part of any trade as she just re-signed with the filth. AFLW rules prohibit teams from trading anyone who has re-signed for the upcoming season. Collingwood don’t have any good players that are out of contract to trade, so we’re just going to have to accept pick 1, which could end up being pick 3 if the expansion clubs get first crack.

Reply #26
If true, the fact Davey instigated the Trade is what players, staff and supporters should be mostly irate about. For a captain of a club to go behind the back of the Club she leads (and is the AFLW poster child of) like that is a massive dog act.

Reply #27
If true, the fact Davey instigated the Trade is what players, staff and supporters should be mostly irate about. For a captain of a club to go behind the back of the Club she leads (and is the AFLW poster child of) like that is a massive dog act.
Why? Is there a difference between that and the other way where the club trades the captain behind their back? Plenty here wanted to see the back of Murph when he was captain. Its a business, loyalty and playing for the jumper is a thing of the past. Players leave to go where the money is, Clubs flick players for draft picks. Thats life.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28
Why? Is there a difference between that and the other way where the club trades the captain behind their back? Plenty here wanted to see the back of Murph when he was captain. Its a business, loyalty and playing for the jumper is a thing of the past. Players leave to go where the money is, Clubs flick players for draft picks. Thats life.

I'm not entirely sure that's right G2C but it certainly seems to be the way things are happening in the AFLW.  There simply isn't the beginnings of club loyalty and camaraderie that you get with AFLM.

I accept Bri's decision to do what's best for her in her limited time in the sport but it does suck that she goes for a limited financial advantage over the club that supported her through her knee injury and saw fit to make her captain   :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Still astonished. Must be more to it than we're aware of.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17