Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 108783 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #76
After it seems turning some of the boys on The Block to jelly, it looks like Bec Judd has developed the Bubble Trouble as highlighted by many online critics;

Def. Bubble Trouble (abbrv. BT)
Bubble Trouble, when opinions and statements begin to reflect an insular and introspective point of view, mostly drawn from a small circular referenced peer group, that are unrelated and unrepresentative of the wider community. Other signs of Bubble Trouble include. excessively attending Polo events, continually talking up the real-estate market, correcting expert facts with personal opinion, dressing to a high standard to drop the kids off at school, managing to make everyone around you feel uncomfortable, only having two dress modes lux formal and lux active and listing professional influencer as a career.

If that is all the public have to complain about, then I doubt Bec has too many worries.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
I light of this incident and others like it;

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/he-had-everything-to-live-for-young-tradie-killed-in-stabbing-outside-seaford-train-station-20201126-p56i2x.html

I do not get the governments priorities, ignoring politics there is a bipartisan failure of government to ensure the criminals in such circumstances are caught. Fair enough, put money into prevention, but capturing many criminals is also a great preventative!

The governments roll out Full HD Super Cameras to fine you for touching your phone charger at a stop light, and use cameras to track suspected COVID spreaders or border crossing terrorists. But the killers of a kid in a train station car-park, one that should be staffed and attended by PSOs, aren't observed and the police beg them to surrender!

And don't give me the liberties or economic argument stuff, the cost and impact is trivial. In fact they government do not even have to pay directly for this stuff, they can just mandate that public and commercial facilities comply with regulations!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Half the problem will be the judicial system who'll do next to nothing when they front court.

Reply #79
Half the problem will be the judicial system who'll do next to nothing when they front court.
The family might/do tend to get a bigger grilling from the Victims of Crime Compensation tribunal, than the perpetrators get from the courts!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
The family might/do tend to get a bigger grilling from the Victims of Crime Compensation tribunal, than the perpetrators get from the courts!

To busy paying $4000 a trip to fly some peanut around the globe on a RAF jet drumming up business (albeit federal gov) and $220M in the upgrade of Sterile Stadium. Mean while, back at the ranch.. The imbeciles know no bounds. 
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Frankston is pretty well covered by monitored CCTV:

https://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/Our_Community/Community_Safety/Security_Camera_Program_CCTV

Add to that the private CCTV that the police can access if required.

I reckon that the police would have footage of the incident but will need more information to identify the perpetrators.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #82
After it seems turning some of the boys on The Block to jelly, it looks like Bec Judd has developed the Bubble Trouble as highlighted by many online critics;

Def. Bubble Trouble (abbrv. BT)
Bubble Trouble, when opinions and statements begin to reflect an insular and introspective point of view, mostly drawn from a small circular referenced peer group, that are unrelated and unrepresentative of the wider community. Other signs of Bubble Trouble include. excessively attending Polo events, continually talking up the real-estate market, correcting expert facts with personal opinion, dressing to a high standard to drop the kids off at school, managing to make everyone around you feel uncomfortable, only having two dress modes lux formal and lux active and listing professional influencer as a career.

If that is all the public have to complain about, then I doubt Bec has too many worries.
Bec doesn't have that ability to deal with people from all walks of life and lacks humility. Worrying about dust from bushfires in the pool when people were losing their homes is an example..

Reply #83
To busy paying $4000 a trip to fly some peanut around the globe on a RAF jet drumming up business (albeit federal gov) and $220M in the upgrade of Sterile Stadium. Mean while, back at the ranch.. The imbeciles know no bounds. 
That's $4000 / hour from the Feds for Matisse Cormann to apply for a job he has almost zero chance of winning! ;)

However, I'm not so upset about that, because I can't be a hypocrite and whack the Feds or State about dodgy China dependant dealings, then refuse them the very chance of gaining some leverage in other markets no matter how slim of a chance it may be! $4000/hr isn't much when you are talking about gaining influence in markets with an extra 6 or 9 zeroes on the end!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-adelaide-crows-training-camp-gold-coast-bryce-gibbs-sas-cult-crows-saga/news-story/0b08df135a4e7c63a5c7b2b416c4e742

Admittedly not all that revealing, but worth a couple of  minutes of your time IMO.
Anybody who has been through these training scenarios knows they are a "Make or Break" proposition, even the well run ones, and there is no guarantee you won't break the "A-Graders" of your team in the process.

Why the feck would you do that in an AFL environment?

I see it more as an attempt to overcome shortfall in training, coaching and management regimes, a lazy solution to a tough problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
I see it more as an attempt to overcome shortfall in training, coaching and management regimes, a lazy solution to a tough problem.

Interesting theory, and quite plausible IMO.